New T-RackS Master EQ 432 NOW AVAILABLE (full GUI pic inside)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS

dbender wrote:Are you guys who are having that m/s settings not sticking problem using Windows, or Mac, or both?
Windows 7 here, in renoise, Studio one, and energyXT (as host and sub host). Peter mentioned that it OS/ host specific however.

Update is out.

hibidy wrote:Update is out.
Great!

So far so good, my settings seem to be recalling!

changelog:

Code: Select all

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes from version 4.5:

• Fixed M/S mode issue on Master EQ 432 module
• Fixed mouse scroll wheel issue on Master EQ 432 module
• General reliability improvements 
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep me posted if you have any issues with the update but I've heard elsewhere that it is working quite well for those that had the issue(s).

I just saw the GUIs for the next items coming but I have to clear exactly when I can show those. They aren't TOO far off by the estimations I've read but I have to be sure. I'll get them posted as soon as I can.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I just saw the GUIs for the next items coming but I have to clear exactly when I can show those. They aren't TOO far off by the estimations I've read but I have to be sure. I'll get them posted as soon as I can.
Good stuff! :)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Keep me posted if you have any issues with the update but I've heard elsewhere that it is working quite well for those that had the issue(s).

I just saw the GUIs for the next items coming but I have to clear exactly when I can show those. They aren't TOO far off by the estimations I've read but I have to be sure. I'll get them posted as soon as I can.
MORE?!

Blessed be :hyper: If you give me something, anything Manley I'll send you a thank-you card to distribute around the office. If I get a say, it's a Massive Passive. But they make some other good hardware, a REALLY good comp for example, too. Or hey more Neve stuff. OR or or, I dunno, maybe a DBX, there's a use for that sound. Uh... a Distressor would be just divine. Or an Mpressor. (Anyone else really like that unit?)

Oh, hey, API! We have nothing modeled from them in T-Racks yet unless I am waaay off my game at knowing what the T-Racks Classic models are. API 525 would be one hell of a character comp to add to the mix.

OR oho hoh oh oh oh ohoh oh Chandler TG1. Or go for broke and model the whole damned channel strip off an EMI console, you've done similarly comprehensive things before.

:party:

On a not "there's a hole in daddy's DAW where all the money goes" note... Really digging the new saturation behavior at extremes, btw, have had to adjust some projects but for incoming stuff of a more heavily pushed nature it is waaaay easier to gain stage properly. If I may say, that's an awfully big update to stick in a patch note. :wink:

Great that they fixed the M/S bug, Now how do i update the Master EQ?

Don't tell me i have to download and install the whole package of 3 again..

Just opened Custom Shop, it didn't say anything about a possibility to update.
IKM should look at NI. You start NI service center and it says what you can update, downloads the updates for you and just 1 click to install.

Since T-Racks CS is a package and includes all the software, just locked or unlocked depending on whether you've bought it (otherwise you wouldn't be able to demo gear when it's turned on for the demo period) you're gonna need to re-download it and re-install it. It doesn't exactly take a massive amount of time, I am not quite sure what the gripe is there unless you're on harshly metered internet in which case that does suck. Even on my for-these-days-kinda-slow 7MBit connection it took like 15-20 minutes for it to download, tops... And less than two minutes for it to install.

It's the same with Amplitube CS, I haven't seen too many people complain about it but it's just how it is. I am surprised to hear that Native is not the same with their a la carte stuff, as it's really the only way you can do it that allows you to demo gear models in situ and also activate them on purchase...

Why not have updates just include the new modules and not the whole package ? I've had issues installing Custom Shop updates in the past so unless it's a new module that I really want I'm not going to update. If it's not broken don't fix it.......everything's working fine here now..... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It basically boils down to time and effort. As a returning customer i would appreciate a tad more ease and a fast install.

CS installs in like 3 parts, each of which ask for folder locations and the VST folder is always wrong because developers keep reading the wrong registry info instead of the locations i chose every time before that.

Other plugins install in 1 click or better yet, allow that user to download only the updated dll in the User section.

i really hope they introduce a lightweight update option. i mean, i understand that downloading complete package is useful for those using offline authorization (although i still don't know if Custom Shop gear can be authorized that way?), but for those of us blessed with Internet connections, please make the update process easier (preferrably optionally automatic)! i don't want to manually redownload the whole Amplitube each time there are two new stomps added.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

zeep wrote:It basically boils down to time and effort. As a returning customer i would appreciate a tad more ease and a fast install.

CS installs in like 3 parts, each of which ask for folder locations and the VST folder is always wrong because developers keep reading the wrong registry info instead of the locations i chose every time before that.

Other plugins install in 1 click or better yet, allow that user to download only the updated dll in the User section.
First, let me say I prefer zips/rars/.7z files with the manual and all documentation and the DLL to installers every day of the week. So I'm with you on that. But realistically, that is not what you get with major software packages, so I've adjusted my expectations accordingly.

With that in mind, there's something going on with your setup... My IKMM products (in general - I have old CSR, I have every iteration of Amplitube from 2 onwards, and of course AT CS and T-RackS CS) remembers the directories perfectly. I'm running Windows 7 Business, 64-bit. If your installers aren't remembering the correct location, it's possible that something is amiss. I once went into the registry to change the default VST installation location, but I don't put the IKMM files there, and it still remembers. I'd submit a support ticket and get that figured out, because yeah, browsing to the spot for everything could be a real hassle I'd imagine.

Agreed, you're completely right about the registry entry for VST instruments. I know the location and i can change it to point wherever i like. I just want to contribute to IKM to revise and optimize their install routine.

That location information (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins) that many developers keep using, is very dated. No professional producer i know (using windows), except Cubase users, install to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins.
Most have a different drive/partition for audio data, VST's and apps.
Thing is, if you never install Cubase on your pc then rest assured after so many VST(i) install's that directory now exists. Companies like UAD make that path/folders, even if you change the folder during their install process!

Anyway in short, IKM, just 'remind' yourself where i point to for VST installs and stop reading the registry UNLESS you yourself wrote information there. Only VST's, program/manual paths etc IKM remembers fine.

zeep wrote:It basically boils down to time and effort. As a returning customer i would appreciate a tad more ease and a fast install.

I believe it is supposed to use the locations you chose last time. This would be a great thing to report to support so they can investigate and submit to development. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support
Edit - I see Agreed already stated pretty much the same thing.

zeep wrote:Anyway in short, IKM, just 'remind' yourself where i point to for VST installs and stop reading the registry UNLESS you yourself wrote information there. Only VST's, program/manual paths etc IKM remembers fine.
I think maybe you misunderstood - even though I have changed the registry, I don't put my IKMM plugins in the new default location. They just remember where to go. It persists across multiple installers (at a guess, at least seven versions now? more probably?). So I think there might be an issue specific to your system where it's not letting them write whatever entry is needed to store your preferred location, and it might be a good idea to submit a support ticket, since that isn't a problem that I have and I'm not doing anything special :?

Return to “Effects”