Who has push?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

I'd say it's been a pretty good month since getting this. The integrations is nearly seamless. What it does it does exceptionally well. I've improved my ability to work in live FAR beyond where I was w/o it (not that I couldn't jam with live) Love how for a non-keyboardist like me it has "scales" which brings a certain creative aspect...not necessarily cheating, but just more creative*

Obviously, it's a blast.

I question a couple of things. Seems to be too picky at times. If I hold down a c major chord, sometimes the note/off happens to easily, thereby having a jump in the midi chord. I've never run into this with a keyboard.

I also have a hard time seeing some of the tabs EVEN WITH the power supply on.

The sensitivity is easily changed, but I still feel the pads are not quite as good as maschines.

Plus I haven't even begun to explore all the clyphex/PXT/audiomoder stuff. Been to busy playing around and learning :ud:

I'm having a similar experience.
I would even go so far as to say that Push is currently my favorite midi controller overall.

I didn't expect to like it this much.

yeah, I thought it would have more issues. Glad I'm not the only one who is enjoying it. I can't help talking about it.

I hate the fact that it works so well ... easier workflow with live would be nice to have though!
... space is the place ...

Say wha????

It was a poor joke ... trying to avoid new hardware at the moment!!
... space is the place ...

HA! I get it now. I should have gotten it before. Yeah, it's not cheap.

I'm using Push and Live 9 in anything I do, in stage or in the studio. so excited with the "Ableton Compatibility Mode" in the Numerology 4. Specially if it integrate well with Push.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Hey guys, just want to let you know that, as fans of Audiomodder's work mentioned in this thread, we decided to do something similar for Sylenth, Diva, Mini V and Modular V (more coming soon). That is, we've created packs to allow you, in return for a small fee, to instantly browse, load and control the factory presets of these Vsts (and record automation) from Push. When we bought Audiomodder we thought, 'well this is something we could have done ourselves BUT it would have taken weeks and having it all done instantly is worth the modest fee'. Hopefully you'll feel the same way about our stuff. Check it out if you want at: http://mabelton.myshopify.com
Thanks and take care
Stevie at Mabelton

As an alternative to racking presets you could use a Midi translator to use Push user mode to trigger shorcuts and navigate through VST presets using arrows, here is how: https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=196730
dedication to flying

Yep that is one solution that works OK and we've tried it. But it does involve switching frequently from user mode to play mode, looking constantly at the computer screen to see what presets you're looking at, and using the mouse on some Vsts. So in some respects what you're doing is giving Push, in user mode, the functionality of your computer keyboard (ie still needs computer screen and mouse). The advantage of racked, configured presets (as with ours and audiomodder's) is that you can browse and load the presets from Push's screen in normal mode like you can with Ableton's instruments. In an ideal world though the makers of popular Vsts would get together with Ableton and make them 'Push ready'!

Hey for anyone watching this thread, just to let you know we've now added more packs to our site at https://mabelton.myshopify.com

So you can now get the following instantly browsable, loadable and controllable from inside Push:

Arturia:
Analog Lab
Arp 2600
CS80V2
Jupiter V
Mini V
Modular V
Oberheim V
Prophet V
Spark VDM
Wurlitzer V

Lennar Digital:
Sylenth1 (Factory banks 1,2 and 3)

U He:
Diva

All individual presets are set to fully configured instrument racks (or drum racks in the case of Spark VDM) so can be step sequenced etc from Push. There are over 14,000 racks (around 450MB) in the full pack, which sells for GBP 14.99

All the best

Stevie

TOO

MUCH

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

I wonder how many people have been push-ed over the edge because of this thread?

It's at least one, as it definitely happened to me. Make sure you contact Ableton for some commission hibidy!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”