Tubeohm Synths

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all.

Anyone using any Tubeohm synths? I know very little about the company, other than they're German. I never hear much chatter about their products. I read the install FAQ s on their site for windows 7 and it sounds pretty hairy. 

I listened to some demos and love the warmth of the Antitransparent 8000. Sounds
really good to me.
So what's up with these guys?

Thanks

their synths are all 32bit.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Pretty good synths, made with Synthedit, that's why they're only available in 32-bit.

Compared with HGFortune synths (which are made with Synthedit, too), his prices are a bit higher and that's the cause why I haven't bought one of them.

Nevertheless, they sound pretty good... :D

Omg, totally forgot about those.
Wanted to look into their plugins some years ago, but haven't had the time and then forgot it. :p

I heard Synthedit is going x64 so we'll see. Reaper bridges all my x86 stuff nicely though.

Tubeohm have good support an reliable plugins. I got Vintage last month and so happy with it. I bet they will consider upgrading to 64 bit soon.

Tricky-Loops wrote:Pretty good synths, made with Synthedit, that's why they're only available in 32-bit.

Compared with HGFortune synths (which are made with Synthedit, too), his prices are a bit higher and that's the cause why I haven't bought one of them.

Nevertheless, they sound pretty good... :D
I think Peter's OP-X PRO ii is synth edit also and I think it sounds
awesome.

I would ask depends on what style music you focus on and the sounds you need to make that style of music.
I have quite a collection ranging from NI kompleplete 9, Sampletank, Korg M1 and Wavestation, nearly all HG fortune line, Wusikstation, Alchemy and nearly all Tube Ohm's vst line and hands down for me, the most inspiration and consistent use goes to the Tube Ohm products first, at least to date. Always looking for new ideas and inspiration with other instruments. In particular I have used the TFM, Vintage and Pure Rack the most. The patch generating capability on Vintage, a D50 styled synth, is a superior capability.
Glad to see some discussion of these vsts.

zag4139@comcast.net wrote:I would ask depends on what style music you focus on and the sounds you need to make that style of music.
I have quite a collection ranging from NI kompleplete 9, Sampletank, Korg M1 and Wavestation, nearly all HG fortune line, Wusikstation, Alchemy and nearly all Tube Ohm's vst line and hands down for me, the most inspiration and consistent use goes to the Tube Ohm products first, at least to date. Always looking for new ideas and inspiration with other instruments. In particular I have used the TFM, Vintage and Pure Rack the most. The patch generating capability on Vintage, a D50 styled synth, is a superior capability.
Glad to see some discussion of these vsts.
Thanks for the reply. Have you tried Antitransparent 8000?
Does vintage sound warm?
Thanks.

I have purchased it and tried it but has not grabbed me yet.
Probably not due quality of vst but my ideas have focused on other instruments.
Earlier comments on the site have said great for lead sounds.
Not enough use for me to give an adequate opinion on this one specifically.
It is one of his earlier instruments and the newer ones have more features and capabilities.
His Alpha Ray is freeware or just 5 bucks with the effects unlocked.
His Gamma Ray version 1 can be had for $29 or so and has great sounds, a stepper and full effects.
Might be a good way to test the waters.
I like Gamma Ray either version a lot.
The videos and demos were a good sell for me so sounds like you are testing a few of those.
Hope this helps

I have the AT and Bruno.
The AT is great for leads and bass sounds, it can do crazy sounds. But the oversampled versions do use a lot of CPU. Then again, the sound quality is superb for a SE synth.
The second version of Bruno is also good, the only problem in my view is the quality of the filter (one of those which sound similar to a noise generator when increasing the cutoff), and that it only has one envelope since it is a Juno emulation, though it goes way beyond the original in many other ways. The layer and unison features allow for powerful, fat sounds. Like with some other synths, when using layering and unison it takes a couple of chords before the phases are out of sync and it starts to sounds nice.

Andre, the developer, is a very nice person. His English is not the best, hence some labels on the user interfaces are odd or even wrong. But don't let that and the messy website deter you, technically he seems to master SE like few other developers.

One thing I don't like is that for whatever reason his stuff seems to install certain things directly under C. Another is the user interfaces, some of them are a bit crowded and labels hard to read, not very ergonomic. Maybe he should team up with a gui designer...

Doc Brown wrote:I heard Synthedit is going x64 so we'll see.
First announced back when Moses wore short pants, but one of these days it will hopefully go x64 :D

Sorry, I didn't read the one posted question correctly last night about Vintage and if it sounded warm. Late at night and small print on tablet. This synth really sounds unique to me and has gotten a lot of use with my own solo recordings and recordings the my RBBZ project. Due to its architecture to me it has a unique sound palette compared to most other soft synths I have used or heard. Warm or to my ears organic might be a better term. For what ever reason, the patch programming possibilities are great are very user friendly and easy. I got immediately inspiring results. Using this synth motivated me enough to start seriously consider buying the hardware synth it was loosely based on the Roland D50 and purchased the Pinknoise D50 sample pack instrument for Kontakt.

fluffy_little_something wrote:One thing I don't like is that for whatever reason his stuff seems to install certain things directly under C. Another is the user interfaces, some of them are a bit crowded and labels hard to read, not very ergonomic. Maybe he should team up with a gui designer...
On their site:
we are delighted to welcome our new GUI designer: David will be working hard to give you the best graphics and interface on our new synthesizers.

SampleScience wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:One thing I don't like is that for whatever reason his stuff seems to install certain things directly under C. Another is the user interfaces, some of them are a bit crowded and labels hard to read, not very ergonomic. Maybe he should team up with a gui designer...
On their site:
we are delighted to welcome our new GUI designer: David will be working hard to give you the best graphics and interface on our new synthesizers.

Awesome. Good to hear. Thanks.

Return to “Instruments”