One-Synth-Challenge 60: Any One Synth - Chat & gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

z.prime wrote:
Examigan wrote:
V'ger wrote:Indeed, poorly worded rule with the "3rd party" as commercial presets can of course come from the developer as well. Will change the wording for the next competition but as you've now gathered the rule is against commercial presets full stop.
I just uninstalled everything Saurus related, and then installed the regular Saurus with no other extra soundsets. I wanted to make sure nothing came from anything other than the regular synth install.

Now to salvage my song...hope it turns out ok, and in time. :pray:
Of course, the presets are probably saved with the song, so they'll load when you load the project regardless if they are present in the preset library...
Yes, I went through each one after I reloaded the song, then checked the folder each preset came from. 3/4 were ok, just regular Saurus presets, but a few were from other soundsets.

A few of the regular Saurus ones were tweeked a good amount, so I am going to have to try and make it sound close to the same as I had it before. 1 of the presets I had used (snare) wasn't in the regular Saurus presets, so I'll have to makeup something from scratch between tonight and tomorrow.

Here's what I have in there now, (except the snare, I am working on it)

1=Lead - Tom Solo SK

2=Arp - Berlin2 TUC

3=Drum - 4 Kraftwerker BT

4=Bass - Digilike Bass BT

5=Lead - 1970s Soloist H

6=Drum - VocoderDrums MF

7=Pad - Destiny MxS

8=Lead - Wood Panel SC

9=Pad - PadMorpher BT

10=Pad - ByTheLake DS

11=Drum - Hats H

12= (will have to makeup a new one) Snare

Quick question: I'm thinking of using 1 instance of Valhalla Vintage Verb as the only reverb in the mix. It's not clear if that's ok or not; it's not freeware. Is that acceptable?

Breeze wrote:Quick question: I'm thinking of using 1 instance of Valhalla Vintage Verb as the only reverb in the mix. It's not clear if that's ok or not; it's not freeware. Is that acceptable?

Hey! From the rules: "...3rd party effects if they are freeware and easily available."

So unfortunately no, but you could get very close to this reverb by using Free Verb. I did a test one time (Admittedly I didn't spend a lot of time on the Freeverb settings - you could surely get closer)
https://soundcloud.com/bjporter/reverb-battle-valhalla

Download (not sure if this is a legit dl though): http://myvst.com/vst-effects/freeverb3-freeware

bjporter wrote:Hey! From the rules: "...3rd party effects if they are freeware and easily available."
Ah, thanks! It also says: "DAW effects are allowed..." so that's probably the fastest solution. Thanks for the info on Freeverb. Haven't used it in a while.

aaaahhhhh i have today left, i hope to get it done, my studying is making me crazy :(
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:aaaahhhhh i have today left, i hope to get it done, my studying is making me crazy :(
Yup I'll probably end up doing mine tomorrow as well - just a quickie though. Have fun, don't stress out of course is the best advise for last day songs :)

bjporter wrote:
Caine123 wrote:aaaahhhhh i have today left, i hope to get it done, my studying is making me crazy :(
Yup I'll probably end up doing mine tomorrow as well - just a quickie though. Have fun, don't stress out of course is the best advise for last day songs :)
thanks a lot :D, well imma have few hours today so i will invest in kvr osc and hope not to sleep :D. gl & hf
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

The idea of not submitting a song for this anniversary OSC was driving us crazy, so we made something yesterday evening, we hope you guys like it! It's one of our more softer songs this time. If we had more time we would have come up with something better, added more variation, but hey.. at least we made it in time!! :)
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Examigan wrote:
z.prime wrote:
Examigan wrote:
V'ger wrote:Indeed, poorly worded rule with the "3rd party" as commercial presets can of course come from the developer as well. Will change the wording for the next competition but as you've now gathered the rule is against commercial presets full stop.
I just uninstalled everything Saurus related, and then installed the regular Saurus with no other extra soundsets. I wanted to make sure nothing came from anything other than the regular synth install.

Now to salvage my song...hope it turns out ok, and in time. :pray:
Of course, the presets are probably saved with the song, so they'll load when you load the project regardless if they are present in the preset library...
Yes, I went through each one after I reloaded the song, then checked the folder each preset came from. 3/4 were ok, just regular Saurus presets, but a few were from other soundsets.

A few of the regular Saurus ones were tweeked a good amount, so I am going to have to try and make it sound close to the same as I had it before. 1 of the presets I had used (snare) wasn't in the regular Saurus presets, so I'll have to makeup something from scratch between tonight and tomorrow.

Here's what I have in there now, (except the snare, I am working on it)

1=Lead - Tom Solo SK

2=Arp - Berlin2 TUC

3=Drum - 4 Kraftwerker BT

4=Bass - Digilike Bass BT

5=Lead - 1970s Soloist H

6=Drum - VocoderDrums MF

7=Pad - Destiny MxS

8=Lead - Wood Panel SC

9=Pad - PadMorpher BT

10=Pad - ByTheLake DS

11=Drum - Hats H

12= (will have to makeup a new one) Snare
this is good to know i nearly did that!!!!!

but one question, if you like a preset and you dont use it of course, what about recreating it ? ;)

This is shaping up to be another epic iteration of the OSC, so many incredible tracks. Also, is it me or is there an invasion of prog/jazz oriented music going on in the OSC :D

But... where are all those OBXd tracks that where supposed to be entered :phones:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Looks like I'm gonna finish just in time... Didn't have much inspiration (and time) to finish my tracks the past months, so it's nice to be back.

Just started my entry yesterday, after trying a few other synths, which sadly used too much cpu for my machine to handle.... So I went searching for a low cpu synth and now I've settled on...... Moppeltron (mostly because of the name, but it can make nice sounds as well) :lol:
crimsonwarlock wrote: But... where are all those OBXd tracks that where supposed to be entered :phones:
Thought about that, but I also figured a lot of people would enter with that synth... And probably a lot of others did too. Maybe that's why. But there is still time :)

does someone have an idea?

but one question, if you like a preset and you dont use it of course, what about recreating it ? ;)

Caine123 wrote:does someone have an idea?

Luckily for me, a basic snare sound wasn't too tough to recreate from scratch. Actually I kind of like the way mine turned out better than the original I had been using (and had to give up). Mine is real simple but seems to work well within the song, sort of an electronic snare. :)

My track is done but have to do mixing. I have till 3AM tomorrow right? I am in east coast, USA. What's the safest bet? before midnight today?
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

To see the KVR time, log out of KVR so that you don't get your local adjusted time and then go to the main forum page.
The official KVR time can then be seen on top of the page like shown here:

bjporter wrote:Download (not sure if this is a legit dl though): http://myvst.com/vst-effects/freeverb3-freeware
Agree Freeverb3 has some of the best free verbs out there that competes well with some commercial ones, but I see the project page is down atm, shame..
crimsonwarlock wrote:But... where are all those OBXd tracks that where supposed to be entered :phones:
They will all be for next month.. ;)
manvanmars wrote:I've settled on...... Moppeltron (mostly because of the name, but it can make nice sounds as well) :lol:
:hihi:

Return to “Instruments”