What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Kirk Hunter Group Buy: NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

140 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Postby dbender; Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:20 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Regarding the 5% Off discount, does that work if your prior purchase was already previously made as part of the Group Buy?

I already bought Pop/Rock Strings (diggin' it mucho) as part of the Group Buy a few days ago, so do I get the 5% discount if I also now buy Spotlight Stings?
KVRist

398 posts since 1 Oct, 2005, from Los Angeles, CA USA

Postby KirkHunter; Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:21 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

dbender wrote:Regarding the 5% Off discount, does that work if your prior purchase was already previously made as part of the Group Buy?

I already bought Pop/Rock Strings (diggin' it mucho) as part of the Group Buy a few days ago, so do I get the 5% discount if I also now buy Spotlight Stings?

The 5% only applies if you were to have purchased before the Group Buy.
KVRist

Postby dbender; Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:34 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Thanks very much. That totally makes sense, just wanted to be sure, 'cause didn't think it did (or should).

Peace
KVRist

Postby dbender; Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:35 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

KirkHunter wrote:
dbender wrote:The new samples sound really good, just heard 'em on another forum.

Any idea when you'll release them, and will they be for all four instruments?

Should be during March. 4 new violins, 4 new violas, 4 new cellos.

Very cool!!! :)
KVRist

Postby dbender; Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:43 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

I'm really digging ESA and Pattern Maker in Pop/Rock Strings I just bought (they're brilliantly well done). I love automation stuff like that, and I need it especially since I'm a real bad keyboard player (I'm a guitar player).

So, I was wondering if you'll ever put something like ESA and/or Pattern Maker into Spotlight, and if so:

(1) any time frame guesstimate, and
(2) would that be a paid upgrade (maybe something like the TVEC upgrades, and maybe around the same price, about $30ish+ or so)?
KVRist

Postby KirkHunter; Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:45 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

dbender wrote:I'm really digging ESA and Pattern Maker in Pop/Rock Strings I just bought (they're brilliantly well done). I love automation stuff like that, and I need it especially since I'm a real bad keyboard player (I'm a guitar player).

So, I was wondering if you'll ever put something like ESA and/or Pattern Maker into Spotlight, and if so:

(1) any time frame guesstimate, and
(2) would that be a paid upgrade (maybe something like the TVEC upgrades, and maybe around the same price, about $30is)?

Currently, there is no plan to do ESA or PatternMaker in Spotlight. It would likely exceed the limit for Kontakt scripting lines. I'm not saying that I will NEVER do it, but it's unlikely at this time.
KVRist

Postby dbender; Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:48 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Kirk, thank you very much for all the info and being so responsive. I appreciate it.
KVRer

19 posts since 25 Oct, 2013, from France

Postby Vardaro; Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:31 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

I appreciate the "work in progress" aspect, although i already like the present samples.
I think the criticisms of Kirk's strings (on e.g. vicontrol.com) come from folks who have never heard a string instrument close by, but rely on "sanitised" strings in the more "soupy" libraries. i like a bit of "grain": its what I hear when I play..

The immense progress in Kirk's scripting is evident if we consider that SS1 is twice as big as Spotlight, but half as malleable.

Another discovery is the combination instrumentsin CS2, which even includea solo section (one octave each of bass, 'cello, and viola, the rest violin, all beautifully dovetailed): this will help me with my problems of ranges. At least for the moment..
KVRAF

3135 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Northern Central CA (not as good as Eureka)

Postby Musical Gym; Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:44 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Will the new Spotlight instruments to be released in March replace the current instruments, or are they additional instruments?
KVRian

1275 posts since 4 Dec, 2002, from Earth

Postby eDrummist; Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:59 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

Musical Gym wrote:Will the new Spotlight instruments to be released in March replace the current instruments, or are they additional instruments?

I can answer your questions. The upcoming violins, violas and cellos sampled instruments will be added to the existing Spotlight String instruments. While some people have expressed a strong preference for the new patches Kirk has shared, others prefer the existing samples, so this way, users can choose the version they prefer.
KVRAF

3135 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Northern Central CA (not as good as Eureka)

Postby Musical Gym; Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:35 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

eDrummist wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:Will the new Spotlight instruments to be released in March replace the current instruments, or are they additional instruments?

I can answer your questions. The upcoming violins, violas and cellos sampled instruments will be added to the existing Spotlight String instruments. While some people have expressed a strong preference for the new patches Kirk has shared, others prefer the existing samples, so this way, users can choose the version they prefer.
Great, thanks. I guess that does not mean we'll be getting four new players for each of the four sections which can be mixed and matched or otherwise be interchangeable or expanded to octets.
Looking forward to the expansion and thanks for the great work.
KVRian

744 posts since 10 Jan, 2006, from Pittsburgh

Postby DocAtlas; Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:27 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

KirkHunter wrote:
dbender wrote:The new samples sound really good, just heard 'em on another forum.

Sounds great! I've got the first part downloading now. Gotta run to work; I'll play when I get home.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory
KVRist

Postby KirkHunter; Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:12 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

New releases of Spotlight Strings will ADD TO, (not replace) the original release.
KVRist

Postby KirkHunter; Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:14 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

DocAtlas wrote:
KirkHunter wrote:

Sounds great! I've got the first part downloading now. Gotta run to work; I'll play when I get home.

Question: A few different new versions were posted. Can you specify exactly which one you heard that you really liked?
KVRian

1278 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:03 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!!!

KirkHunter wrote:New releases of Spotlight Strings will ADD TO, (not replace) the original release.

you mean, i paid for 14 solo instruments and i'll get almost twice as much at no extra cost, never mind getting the original ones at half price? w00t!
Last edited by Burillo on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
From Russia with love
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Market Place (Buy / Sell / Special Offers)