Who designed Revolta2 synth in Samplitude Pro X?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In some of the presets it can sound quite harsh, but it's got a very nice quality to its mid range area. Lots of body.

Anyone know who designed it? I found nothing about it on Sascha's website, though I know he works for Magix.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

I don't know who designed it, but I doubt it was Sascha.
Also Sasha no longer works for Magix, but is still supporting his plug-ins.

Greg

It's Sascha, but he made it for Magix, so it's not on his site.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

I created the plugin, back in 2007.
Although I coded the architecture & DSP, the only preset I personally contributed was 'Pangea Rainforest'. All others were done by someone who does that professionally, a kvr regular btw. But I don't know if he wants to get mentioned. The project actually matured during preset creation, and was quite a rough ride (almost no time, not clearly thoght-out). The folks at Mgx, me included, were completely happy with the sounds, but he thought that we could have done better. It was my first 'real' synth, far from perfect, and I'd do many things differently now... :oops:
Anyway, I'm still using it myself in band projects.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

sascha wrote:I created the plugin, back in 2007.
Although I coded the architecture & DSP, the only preset I personally contributed was 'Pangea Rainforest'. All others were done by someone who does that professionally, a kvr regular btw. But I don't know if he wants to get mentioned. The project actually matured during preset creation, and was quite a rough ride (almost no time, not clearly thoght-out). The folks at Mgx, me included, were completely happy with the sounds, but he thought that we could have done better. It was my first 'real' synth, far from perfect, and I'd do many things differently now... :oops:
Anyway, I'm still using it myself in band projects.
Thanks for clearing it up Sascha. I only asked because it struck me as being very full sounding. In some of the presets it had a very harsh high end, but as long as that is avoided it sounded really good.

Did you create Ammunition?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:
sascha wrote: Did you create Ammunition?
Yep, and all the other AM & VE plugins.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

sascha wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:
sascha wrote: Did you create Ammunition?
Yep, and all the other AM & VE plugins.
Ammunition is outstanding. I don't if there is anything I can compare it to. I was totally blow away when I demoed Sit in Samplitude.

I quite liked Samplitude Pro X and just about all of the plug0ins are really useful and good.
Aiynzahev-sounds

Are there any third party banks made for Revolta 2?

Aiynzahev wrote:it can sound quite harsh
If I'm not mistaken (see my sig) Sascha also coded the osc's and filters in Diva. Could the harshness in both synths be a result of some new algorithm, maybe some monte-carlo calculations?

No harshness at all in Diva's traditional oscs. Although the JP8000 digital oscs might be thought of as harsh on some settings.

Plus I think he joined U-he well after Diva, but I could be completely wrong! :hihi:
Aiynzahev-sounds

I wasn't involved in the Diva development. I also don't subscribe to any 'harshness' per se. At least one can't compare them against each other. Doesn't make sense.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board

Aiynzahev wrote: Plus I think he joined U-he well after Diva, but I could be completely wrong! :hihi:
True, Clement coded most of the audio related stuff in DIVA I think :) Sascha came later and started with Satin.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Numanoid wrote:Are there any third party banks made for Revolta 2?
?

[Page is German, but shouldn't be an issue:]
http://www.selber-musik-machen.de/revolta-2-sounds/
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board

I don't speak german, but it is not so far from home :"bestklingenden virtuellen Synthesizer" -> best sounding virtual synth :D :tu:

Got to agree that is it one hidden gem of a synth, too bad it doesn't come as VSTi.

Thanks for the link to the patches will check them out.

Return to “Instruments”