UVI Mello Free via Facebook...fail

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mello UVI Workstation

Just activated. No problems. Why should free iLok license manager be a deal breaker? You do not need a iLok dongle.

robotmonkey wrote:. M-Tron is much more complete and versatile instrument
In M-Tron Pro you got two layers to play with (Layer A and B)? In the UVI workstation you can layer up to at least 8 sounds and play them on the same midi channel for complex and fat sounds.

For me personally it is because of I have run out of tolerance towards intrusive licensing crap. I have basically all my bases covered and do not need more stuff even if it is free. I have some plugins that already need some kind of C/R or license manager and I'm not going to add anything more that has any kind of intrusive CP. Just the other day I learned again where this leads to when I could not use one of my plugins anymore because of the non-functional cp.

These days I would only consider serial/reg key protected stuff. It must be something really really amazing to get me install PACE/iLok on my computer.

Moreover PACE has long history of being a totally sh***y company. What I find particularly offensive is that they ask money for their Zero Downtime Protection, meaning you have to pay them extra to keep using your software if anything brakes with their copy protection. So its basically putting all the expenses and risk on paying customers and taking no responsibility whatsoever. Just don't approve that kind of practice in general and do not want to support developers who take part in it.
No signature here!

Hey folks,

A few words to let you know that even if you don't subscribe to the Zero Downtime Coverage insurance, UVI will replace every UVI licenses.
Simply submit your RMA on iLok.com without sending anything back to Pace (in case of broken dongle).
And simply contact us by filling the online form on UVI.net.

We do understand frustration in this kind of situation, so keep cool, we are always taking care of you ;-)

Have a great week-end !!
Cheers

Thanks For Mello !

This time i jumped on that KVR deal ( UVI24MELLO ) ! Activated it with my Ilok.

Thank you again for the vsti

Jason Morin

UVI Doctor wrote: so keep cool, we are always taking care of you ;-)
If you were "taking care of us" you wouldn't require us to install the Pace iLok Virus....... :roll:

iLok/Pace = No Sale............not even interested in freeware that requires the virus. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

UVI Doctor wrote: A few words to let you know that even if you don't subscribe to the Zero Downtime Coverage insurance, UVI will replace every UVI licenses.
Thanks, I appreciate and that is nice to know, but...
UVI Doctor wrote: Simply submit your RMA on iLok.com without sending anything back to Pace (in case of broken dongle).
And simply contact us by filling the online form on UVI.net.
I hope you see the problem here. Copy protection not working = submit a form here... then submit a form there... then wait for customer support to answer (for days and weeks)...

Paying customers should NEVER be put in such a situation even theoretically.
No signature here!

You are talking about iLok hardware problems, right?

Just tell me something with iLok manager that would classify it as a virus? I honestly interested.
Never had an issue with Ilok manager SOFTWARE. I bought an Eventide VST and I also got this freeware.
Why would you classify it as a virus?
Does it do anything like Tone2's products? I stay LOOONG away from Tone2's products and freeware.

I haven't noticed anything bad with the iLok Software Manager. And I haven't paid a dollar to iLok...

@ cnt, you are right, as far as I know I didn't hear anything wrong with the iLok License Manager in tech support...
Most people keep in mind the old iLok online process, there is nothing more stable than this new manager.
Most people trust these urban legends which are totally false !!
Most of users enquiring about that basically have troubles with their setup and they need to figure out a culprit, so the easy thought is incriminating Pace....

@robomonkey, submitting a RMA on iLok.com is only to start the process, we are informed by Pace and that is this notification we are waiting to make the license replacement.
Without it we can't do anything...
And I have to admit that filling forms is something quite usual nowadays, don't you think ?

Also note that we try to answer each enquiry within 48 hours (sometimes less, and we are well-known to be as reactive as we can, in comparison with the music market....)

There's no pleasing everyone. Great feeble. If you don't like hard or soft iLok, nobody is forcing you to use it. Some people will find anything to complain about.

Diggin Mello! Freebie or not, it's a very nice piece! :)

robotmonkey wrote:
I hope you see the problem here. Copy protection not working = submit a form here... then submit a form there... then wait for customer support to answer (for days and weeks)...

Paying customers should NEVER be put in such a situation even theoretically.
I guess I am lucky, I have iLok and a Steinberg eLicenser dongle on my computer and I have not had problems with them. I have a dongle on my old DAW running Cubase SX that is 12 years old and it still works. What I did have is the mobo on that old DAW go out after 5 years. Guess what? That is a pain too. Not only downtime to rip everything apart and replace it, but then time spent getting every program that was GenKey'd to that mobo, new GenKeys. It was incredibly aggravating. But this is what happens anytime something important goes belly up.

The best system when your mobo tanks is dongle based licensing. The best system when your dongle fails is a GenKey system. There is no 'best' system that makes things painless other than no copy protection. Because there is a decent chunk of the worlds population who feel entitled to steal stuff, that is not an option. These developers deserve to earn a living for their hard work. It is bad enough recording artists now have to spend way more time away from their families touring to make ends meet, at least they have that option. If the guys at UVI start booking concert venues and charge $20 a ticket for people to come and see them, something tells me that tour is getting cut short.

And to UVI: Thanks for the free Mello. I have two of your pianos that I purchased a few months ago and love them. This sounds great and looks to be very usable.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

donato wrote:There's no pleasing everyone. Great feeble. If you don't like hard or soft iLok, nobody is forcing you to use it. Some people will find anything to complain about.
indeed

There is always RedTron, that's another great freebie.

BassMasterK wrote: The best system when your mobo tanks is dongle based licensing. The best system when your dongle fails is a GenKey system. There is no 'best' system that makes things painless other than no copy protection.
No the best system is RegKey (like Image-Line) or serial. Then you can be sure that you are always able to use your software whatever happens to developer or your hardware. If needed you can even install your old software in a virtual machine to revisit your old projects.

And I really do feel happy for people who have never had any problems with their eLicensers, iLoks or whatever. But just to remind you both of the former ones suffered downtime even quite recently. If it works it might be ok but if the sh*t hits the fan you are in for a lot of grief and learn pretty quickly to appreciate the virtues of serial only protection.

As long as the CP makes ones software experience worse than just downloading and installing a cracked copy it is unacceptable.
No signature here!

Return to “Instruments”