Stuck! Can't get Miroslav Philharmonik to install correctly on my new PC.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What's up KVR. I've been producing for sometime now, and recently my old 32 Vista 32 bit PC died on me. So I purchased a new pc, Ive had it about a month now. The main problem I'm having is that I can't get Miroslav Philharmonik operating correctly. MY DAW is FL Studio 8, and my pc specs: Windows 7 64 bit. I've did alot of research on this issue and other people seem to be able to use this particular vst just fine with Win 7 64 bit. I've contacted IK Multimedia, which didn't help much. I'm not a newbie by anymeans and most of my other vst's work just fine... Sampletank 2.5, Nexus...etc etc. I can install Miroslav just fine, It loads and everything. But when install my Intruments, they just don't show up. Has anyone else had this particular problem?

trewon1 wrote:What's up KVR. I've been producing for sometime now, and recently my old 32 Vista 32 bit PC died on me. So I purchased a new pc, Ive had it about a month now. The main problem I'm having is that I can't get Miroslav Philharmonik operating correctly. MY DAW is FL Studio 8, and my pc specs: Windows 7 64 bit. I've did alot of research on this issue and other people seem to be able to use this particular vst just fine with Win 7 64 bit. I've contacted IK Multimedia, which didn't help much. I'm not a newbie by anymeans and most of my other vst's work just fine... Sampletank 2.5, Nexus...etc etc. I can install Miroslav just fine, It loads and everything. But when install my Intruments, they just don't show up. Has anyone else had this particular problem?
go to prefs on the ui to find/locate/browse it to the samples root folder of MP, should work! You must first know where the samples are located...

Where did you install the Instruemnt Library?

Do what breakmixer says AND run your host or the Miroslav Philharmonik standalone "as Administrator" - so that MP can write the Library location into its preferences file. Right-click the program .exe file or shortcut and select "Run as Administrator".

Is ST2 working OK?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

AFAIK FL Studio is still not x64, IIRC there's only a Beta version of FL Studio 9 x64 out.

So if your plugin host (FL Studio) is only x86 / 32-Bit, you needn't care about x64 related stuff. You'll want x86 / 32-Bit plugins all along the way.
The fact that your Win7 is x64 is completely irrelevant in this case.

What could matter, on the other hand, is the Windows path for program files.
In former versions of Windows it's always been "C:\Program Files\", but with x64 Windows versions came the change that only x64 compatible programs are installed in "C:\Program Files\", but x86 / 32-Bit native programs are installed into "C:\Program Files (x86)" ... hope that doesn't mess with the installation?
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

You can run the Miroslav sounds with Sampletank.

ST is a newer engine and can run Miroslav and Sonic Synth sounds.
Just put the Miroslav sounds folder in the sampletank folder.
You put it in the same folder that the STInstruments folder is in. Then open ST and rescan. The Miroslav sounds will then show in ST.

Thanks for the help. I will try these steps and see if it works out. I will keep you posted.

You might want to try putting the Miroslav sounds folder inside the STInstruments folder instead.

Sampletank doesn't seem to run as well with many sound folders in the main ST folder.

I'm still experimenting with the folder structure.

I don't know what the recommended method is from the folks at IK.

I think ST works better if you place your other sound libraries (Miroslav, Sonic Synth, expansion tanks, etc) into the Instruments folder in Sampletank.

I have tried all the tips that has recmommended and still no luck. Even when I try to run Miroslav as a stand alone, the instrument samples still don't show up. I'm completely lost. This is the first time I have ever had any problems installing any type of Vst. All my files are present. I guess I will continue to try different things and let everyone know how it turns out.

Ok, one step at a time:

... Where did you install the Instrument Library?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Well, I finally got the insturments to install guys. For somereason the only way i could get everything to work was install all my Vst's on a external hard drive. Once i did that, things seems to be working ok. Only draw back I have noticed is that my Vst's seems to take a little longer to load. I'm still going to work on getting them to install on my C drive correctly. And as far as the instrument library, I've installed them in numerous location trying to get one to work. The last place I had them installed that didn't work was OS(C:)/Programfiles/(x86)/Vstplugins.

I run it in Sampletank.

In program files there is an IKMultimedia folder.

IKMultimedia > Sampletank > Instruments > Miroslav Philharmonik.
In the Miro folder are the sounds in separate folders, Brass, Strings, etc.

If you are running it purely as Miroslav then I think the folders would be IKMultimedia > Miroslav Philharmonik > Instruments.

I think you can put the sounds anywhere you want, but you have to do tp preferences and set the Root Folder to the location where you put them.

If you have a 2nd drive for samples you could make a folder named Miroslav Philharmonic and put the sounds in there. Then you would start Miro, go to preferences and navigate to the instrument folder. Not just to the Miro folder, but to the instrument folder.

(the main Problem : to recognition of the plugin format to both cubase 5 and cubase 7.5 (32 , 64x) although there is other VST host that works well like its stand alone mod )

I have a Different Problem with it under windows 8 64x . Although The Program Itself (standalone) Has no problem , and in plugin mode It works correctly under some VST Host (ie: brainspawn Forte 3 : A Live Performance Vst Host) . I can not detect the plugin
file ( philharmonic.dll ) In both Cubase 5 (32x) and Cubase 7.5 (64x) . no matter how hard i had tried , it seems the entity Ain't registered in registery (or at least i could not find it ) ,however the host forced to look for it in specific location ,the situation is not ,like the (*.dll )plugin file is detected but plugin information reports some problem with it . but they act as there is no plugin file or at least the dll is not detected as a plugin .
Note " some may experience an automatic Compatibility mode applied to program , for it to work in windows 8 64x , but the only thing that is necessary for it to install and work properly ,is to run it as administrator, and for that ,one need to check the related check box ,in case you want to run it normally by double clicking on it "

In replies i saw a friend suggesting the use of ST sampler Engine to use those samples , I Hope the solution work and prepare the very same GUI , as the philharmonic sampler provides suited for that kinds of orchestration , BUT THERE IS A HUGE PROBLEM FOR THESE KIND OF SOLUTIONS , i have an extensive affair with samples , let's ,say there is more than 3000 (DAw) project files that i have no idea what they are ( i may write music like i am breathing ,but I'm not good in naming relation with them ) most of them , are as surprising as it may be for a stranger , and their styles has no limits other than my ability , you know how it is important ,that the project files , detect and play the exact sound with its all setting , if the plugin does not available (disabled and gray) all the information about the sample name , and location ,and its settings are gone for ever ,and even if you write these info in note pad of the track ( for over 100 tracks in each project ) you may still ,loose the chance of knowing what it was about .

considering GIGA samples ( The only sampler that actually works and could deal with over 1000 s of samples loaded and some routed in 8*16 channel with 3% ram usage and smooth playback ) today although the very same engine is available both in GVI (giga studio in one plugin (one port each session = 16 ) without its browser ) Or Sound lib G-PLAYER : provides 8 *16 channels (All the mixer application of the GVI is available ) in 64x ( stand alone - Plugin (Vst,etc) ,and RE-Wire ,and all of it's features including the unbelievable functional sample browser ( the only thing you may miss is NFX-Reverb :the best reverb ever made ) but in both cases you must create your Set(s) of instruments and settings and GSI files are not loaded , and still your Daw never consider them as the Original (re-wire ) Giga studio lines.

one of the most ridiculous things ever happened was when Waves 7 changed its plugin name order ( ie: wave X-noise to something like x-noise waves ) there is no way of implying ,the amount of work and calculations and means (that is lost over time ) for the setting that plugin had . and the only thing you have is its name , nothing is more preferred ,at least you work like it was never done .

I Use Miroslav ,in situations (in creation and developing phase ) for something compact to sound (not too bad) , to get along the process ,and at some point , if necessary it will replaced with something better ,but the loss of information it has , for limitless arrangements is something that words could not imply well.

If you are having an issue using our products, the best way to get a solution to your specific issue is to contact our support team directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support and they will help you

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:If you are having an issue using our products, the best way to get a solution to your specific issue is to contact our support team directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support and they will help you
Actually, I've found the best way is to do both. Open a support ticket and put it out on the forums and hopefully between the two with our own trials, we find a solution. (Still looking for mine, but I wouldn't dismiss either route, especially if used concurrently).

We can agree to disagree (or agree that I disagree) with your notion that a 3-year old thread being necro'd is more effective than a company's support team. I understand that you are not satisfied because your particular issue is not resolved, but they resolve many each day and in a trackable system that helps if there is an issue that someone here at IK needs to rectify for everybody if that is the case.

Return to “Instruments”