Twin Peaks inspired Jazz

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been doing a lot of edm lately and needed a change ;)
It's not perfect but for midi only it's ok I guess - let me know what you think!

https://soundcloud.com/damuh/hows-annie

DaMuh wrote:Been doing a lot of edm lately and needed a change ;)
It's not perfect but for midi only it's ok I guess - let me know what you think!
touches all the bases ...
admirably minimal , and a nice clear mix ...

experimental.crow wrote:
DaMuh wrote:Been doing a lot of edm lately and needed a change ;)
touches all the bases ...
admirably minimal , and a nice clear mix ...
thanks!

Nice change of style for this one. Lounge music.....my lounge in particular.

Good work :)

I think you generally succeeded on what you set out to do with this. It's well produced. The bass is quite nice. I get the impression that the piano is there more for atmosphere than melodically important.

seismic1 wrote:Nice change of style for this one. Lounge music.....my lounge in particular.

Good work :)

Thanks bro! Great to hear you like it :)

Frantz wrote:I think you generally succeeded on what you set out to do with this. It's well produced. The bass is quite nice. I get the impression that the piano is there more for atmosphere than melodically important.
Yeah well I started out with the bassline which was rather quick and easy since I wanted it sticking to one note with a pitch bend sometimes for the major part.
The rest is just a one take improvisation so I didn't really think about melodic composition at all but instead rather just started playing. But of course you're right, the instruments besides the bass don't really add a melodic change to it but to me that was kind of the point as I imagined it more of a soundtrack kinda track. 8)

Thanks for the feedback!

Return to “Music Cafe”