What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

vurt
addled muppet weed

33652 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:02 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

i think 1 bump a week would be even better to be honest.
Astralp
KVRian

1105 posts since 25 Feb, 2005, from UK

Postby Astralp; Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:33 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

I have to agree that 48 hours is far too much and the ensuing 'you bumped too early' posts acting as a bump themselves will certainly lower the tone for me.

I think you have to be careful with rules (think back to the old Cubase board regime) ... Personally I think the MP works great currently apart from too many posts from a single individual, but even that doesn't push any of my buttons.
Phase47
KVRian

871 posts since 21 Aug, 2011

Postby Phase47; Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:51 pm Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

I have to agree that 48 hours does indeed seem far too long when one is abiding by the regulation and (many) others aren't.

If everybody were following along, I think 48 hours would be fine, but with lack of mod-policing or an automated bump system, I don't think this works very well so far.
blue monk
KVRist

175 posts since 25 Mar, 2008

Postby blue monk; Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:43 pm Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

The one topic rule leads to subjects like "FS lots of plug-ins" which is ... suboptimal.
spaceman
KVRAF

8172 posts since 9 Jan, 2004, from leroyaumeuni

Postby spaceman; Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:29 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Maybe a system where people can enter in their profile what they are selling or want to buy, and they get a message when they get a match?

I'd be happy to pay KVR £1 for every successful transaction this way.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth
spaceman
KVRAF

8172 posts since 9 Jan, 2004, from leroyaumeuni

Postby spaceman; Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:34 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Or automatically add 'time since last bump' in the subject line, to help self-regulation :)
My other host is Bruce Forsyth
Ben [KVR]
Mr KVR

1177 posts since 22 Oct, 2000, from Newport Pagnell, UK

Postby Ben [KVR]; Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:40 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

I'm leaning towards a Market Place category (below the Main Forums and above the Off Topic forums), rather than subforums now.

• Buy & Sell (All Private Sales ONLY)
  • Product Announcements, Sales & Promotions (All Commercial Soundware, Plugins & Apps, incl. Group Buys)
  • Competitions, Contests & Giveaways
  • Services For Sale
  • Member Music Releases (For Sale)

The main forums (instruments, effects, etc.) were originally intended to be for users to discuss plug-ins, not as places for sales pitches, so this would move sales topics to their own forum.
faun2500
KVRian

1283 posts since 27 Nov, 2008, from uk

Postby faun2500; Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:27 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Agree 24 hour bumps would be better that 2 days! Seems thats what everyone else wants?
Compyfox
KVRAF

11237 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:21 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Ben [KVR] wrote:I'm leaning towards a Market Place category (below the Main Forums and above the Off Topic forums), rather than subforums now.

• Product Announcements, Sales & Promotions (All Commercial Soundware, Plugins & Apps, incl. Group Buys)
  • Services For Sale

The main forums (instruments, effects, etc.) were originally intended to be for users to discuss plug-ins, not as places for sales pitches, so this would move sales topics to their own forum.

It'd still make it broad in terms of "member releases" rather than "member music releases". member releases could be music related, but it coult be tutorials, books, DVDs, a movie where they were heavily involved in, etc. Maybe it could also offer "free releases" that would otherwise get easily overlooked in the other threads (OT music related, etc).

Don't know what to think of the "competition/contest/giveaway part other than it being another news alloy?
Kriminal
KVRAF

18498 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:03 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Ben [KVR] wrote:I've added this to the Market Place rules but I want this headline to be viewable instantly, hence the additional announcement.

Etiquette

Topics & Bumping
Do no post multiple topics in this forum. If you have several things to sell or trade (FS/FT) or want to buy (WTB) you must put them in a single topic or wait until one is sold / bought before starting another topic for a different item (to clarify: you may have no more than one active selling and one active want-to-buy topic at a time).

You may reply to your topic to answer a question or announce a change (price drop / item sold / additional item added / etc.) but you may not reply to your topic just to bump it (see below).

You may "bump" your topic no more than once every 48 hours (i.e. replying just to move it up the topic list with a "bump").

You may not get others to bump your topics and you may not bump other members' topics for no good reason.

This is just good manners!

Trolling / Derailing / Being Helpful in other members' topics

Don't reply to another member's sales topic unless you are truly contributing to it. Don't reply just to be derisive, argumentative or abusive. If you have a genuine insight into the topic post, otherwise move along.

Failure to adhere to these rules may see your topics removed.

Excellent rules Ben, keep up the good work.
Dont Upset The Drama Queens
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

6621 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:19 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Ben [KVR] wrote:I'm leaning towards a Market Place category (below the Main Forums and above the Off Topic forums), rather than subforums now.

• Services For Sale

Sounds good to me.
BBFG#
KVRAF

3549 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Postby BBFG#; Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:03 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Might want to reword the phrase 'Bump Minimum' since it can be interpreted either way.
And you know how letigious some of us members can be.
Try 'No sooner than every 48 hours' or something along those lines.
(I ran some yard sale sites on FaceBook with a similar rule and speak with some experience on this).
Kriminal
KVRAF

Postby Kriminal; Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:18 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=404734

Should be in market place, bumped less than 48hours....
PatchAdamz
KVRAF

1759 posts since 12 Nov, 2012

Postby PatchAdamz; Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:28 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

Kriminal wrote:http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=404734

I can appreciate your competitive nature Kriminal but this is a new thread, there was one single response made to a forum member when you posted this.
I am aware of the forum rules and respect them.

Just a note...

This thread that you bumped 140 times:
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=375713

It reads you are selling a NEW product.
You might want to change that since the presets were released last year.

And 140 bumps...

Come on, don't complain about my one, single response.
Kriminal
KVRAF

Postby Kriminal; Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:39 am Re: One selling or WTB topic per member at a time; Bump minimum: 48 Hours

PatchAdamz wrote:
Kriminal wrote:http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=404734

I can appreciate your competitive nature Kriminal but this is a new thread, there was one single response made to a forum member when you posted this.
I am aware of the forum rules and respect them.

Liar. Your bump was at 08:11, your response was the day before. I posted here at 08:18

PatchAdamz wrote:Just a note...

This thread that you bumped 140 times:
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=375713

Yes, 140 times in nearly 365 days, more than 48 hours between each bump...

PatchAdamz wrote:It reads you are selling a NEW product.
You might want to change that since the presets were released last year.

So? They are NEW, not used/secondhand/preloved or vintage, and new to that unit.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Market Place (Buy / Sell / Special Offers)