FREE BRAINSTORMER synth - sad news :(

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BrainStormer

layzer wrote: this is a custom gui i made for my own personal use, if Oliver wants to offer it as an alternate skin, i'll send it to him!

i think the buttons indicate being on or off better, anyway.... :P
Funny, I would suggest to change the default colors to make a full brushed alu style :D
Yes why not having other skin options when I'll have completed the next important features..

Turello wrote:Hey Man, very thanks but perhaps this synth need some banks and some presets... Don't believe it? :wink:
idfpower wrote:I can confirm that now it loads and puts out sound properly in FL Studio (9) ;) Indeed, it needs a preset manager and presets ;) Good job so far ;)
Preset bank manager is indeed the next thing I plan to code :wink:

roazhondsp wrote: Preset bank manager is indeed the next thing I plan to code :wink:
:hail:
[Insert Signature Here]

Debutante wrote:nice synth. great for learners. its finally working well in fl. thanks for the update... maybe you could add osc sync as a final titbit. its so easy to explore subtractive synthesis with this thanks to the mega kickass germanic layout - 100% geared to functionality, it's a shame that sync is missing. :) :tu:
The OSC stretch feature is maybe what you are looking for. It's a kind of sync, but only dedicated to one OSC. It allows you to compress / dilate the waveform from 0 to 200% while keeping the initial pitch retrig timing. Designed to change the timbre and keep the same heard pitch.

Also you can use it to make X% pulse waveforms or PWM if modulated.

roazhondsp wrote:
Turello wrote:Hey Man, very thanks but perhaps this synth need some banks and some presets... Don't believe it? :wink:
idfpower wrote:I can confirm that now it loads and puts out sound properly in FL Studio (9) ;) Indeed, it needs a preset manager and presets ;) Good job so far ;)
Preset bank manager is indeed the next thing I plan to code :wink:
even the ability to utilize the DAWs fxb manager would be great, the synth can save individual fxp's as it is now. perhaps locking a feature set first would make more sense before implementing a bank/program manager of it's own :?:

i would also like to see a hard/soft sync added as well as an overdrive distortion :hyper:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

There is no manual for now, but here are some unusual features, if you want to dig a little bit the synth:

- Stretch on oscillators is a kind of OSC sync, but in one OSC. You control the master pitch with the oscillator pitch, and the slave pitch with the stretch pot.
- FM is not a classic FM. It's tuned FM. Classical FM is still feasible with LFO -> OSC pitch.
- The FM can sound a little bit disturbing at first, but combined with stretching on oscillators can make interesting sounds.
- Pan pot is pre FM, so if you pan OSC1, the FM amounts to OSC2 are different on L and R.
- LFO clippping : it acts as a hard clipper on the LFO waveform, and the pot controls the threshold. The low part clips the negative part of the LFO waveform, the high part the positive part. It is asymmetrical clipping. And Clipping is added post LFO generation, so If you choose the LFO as a source in matrix, you can use it unclipped, or clip it again differently.
- LFO range goes up to 2 kHz.
- Filter keyfollow has a reference note : suppose you sound design something, you like it and want some keyfollow on it ? Just look at what key you were playing, put it as a reference, put keyfollow to 100%, and now if you play your reference note, everything stays as it was, and filter is moving accordingly for others notes.
- Recursive modulations allowed.

layzer wrote: even the ability to utilize the DAWs fxb manager would be great, the synth can save individual fxp's as it is now. perhaps locking a feature set first would make more sense before implementing a bank/program manager of it's own :?:

i would also like to see a hard/soft sync added as well as an overdrive distortion :hyper:
The feature set is locked for v1.0, new audio features will come after. The patches will not be destroyed by them. As my time is limited, I think I need to freeze the functionnal level at a certain point or I will never have a stable release :?

Wow. Surprised I missed this. Will definitely give it a whirl, maybe make some patches. I particularly like how it's laid out and it might make for a great tool to teach basic sound design ideas.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

I think a lot of people probably overlook this synth because at a glance it looks like another basic subtractive synth, but the complex routing features are not immediately apparent. I guess it'll be our best kept secret :D :D ;)
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Jbravo wrote:I think a lot of people probably overlook this synth because at a glance it looks like another basic subtractive synth, but the complex routing features are not immediately apparent. I guess it'll be our best kept secret :D :D ;)
This is not supposed to be a secret :cry:

Xenos wrote:Wow. Surprised I missed this. Will definitely give it a whirl, maybe make some patches. I particularly like how it's laid out and it might make for a great tool to teach basic sound design ideas.
Please give it a try ;)

I will add in the preset management the possibility to add the author name and description/instructions/comments related to patches.

Here are 15 patches I've made for brainstormer:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/247 ... atches.rar

These are very basic patches, a start point.

I didn't have the time to explore all the modulation posibilities, but they worth a try.

Thank you, ALberto : starting point presets are welcome.

@Alberto: Very Thanks\GRAZIE! :-D

Jbravo wrote:I think a lot of people probably overlook this synth because at a glance it looks like another basic subtractive synth, but the complex routing features are not immediately apparent. I guess it'll be our best kept secret :D :D ;)
+1

i was blown away when i clicked the little modulation destination buttons on LFO/ENV/matrix tabs and shown the huge list of options :o some very interesting sounds with lots of variance are possible with this one :hyper:

it should have been called Matrixstormer :P
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”