What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Hink
Rad Grandad

24847 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:39 pm Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

Igro wrote:
But i will explain, why these tunes are so popular. They are popular amongst teenagers in most cases, who, besides commercial radio music, don't listen to anything else. They don't surf Youtube for electronic music, so when they got this, it was like "Holy molly f@king shid!! I love this "electro"! it's so creative and new!!"

I have a teenager (18), when her computer is on she quite often is surfing youtube for all kinds of music. I think the reason these videos go viral is because people find it fun to make fun of them :shrug:

FWIW I haven't bothered to watch it, "Something awful" is all I needed to read...kinda like a wet paint sign, I dont check to see if the paint is wet either...I just assume it is what it is ;)
New Song LBS
ntom
KVRAF

2157 posts since 18 Oct, 2010, from Texas

Postby ntom; Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:50 am Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

Hink wrote:I have a teenager (18), when her computer is on she quite often is surfing youtube for all kinds of music. I think the reason these videos go viral is because people find it fun to make fun of them :shrug:

Well, that's the problem, is that it's NOT that a bunch of people watched it to make fun of it, it's that it's popular and a lot of people seem to really love it!
vurt
addled muppet weed

33773 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:07 am Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

why is that such a problem?
i imagine that if i went through your music collection id find plenty i could tell you is shit, would that change your views of it?
Igro
KVRAF

3661 posts since 26 Apr, 2007, from Noosphere

Postby Igro; Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:47 am Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

^^^^ probably there is a difference in "bad music" and "I don't like it"
Hink
Rad Grandad

24847 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:56 am Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

Igro wrote:^^^^ probably there is a difference in "bad music" and "I don't like it"

Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best

*Henry van Dyke
New Song LBS
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:45 am Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

Igro wrote:^^^^ probably there is a difference in "bad music" and "I don't like it"

yes, but the music you like is actually shit, its not that i dont like it. its that it is an assault on the human psyche and makes us into mindless robots. all edm should be consigned to a rocket to the heart of the sun, every recording, every producer and every listener just to save humanity and huge manitees.
Igro
KVRAF

Postby Igro; Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:27 am Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

Wait, did you read the entire thread? Where did i praise the shit we are talking about? I did the statement that this music IS shit. Vurt, you are always coming into the middle of the thread. :D

I do agree about the mindless robots! :wink:
Last edited by Igro on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
ntom
KVRAF

Postby ntom; Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:34 am Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

Igro wrote:Wait, did you read the entire thread? Where did i praise the shit we are talking about? I did the statement that this music IS shit. Vurt, you are always coming into the middle of the thread. :D

I do agree about rthe mindless robots! :wink:

He's actually been here since the beginning...

Vurt:

We should start a kickstarter to get funds to build a rocket to do just that.
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:37 am Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

Igro wrote:Wait, did you read the entire thread? Where did i praise the shit we are talking about? I did the statement that this music IS shit. Vurt, you are always coming into the middle of the thread. :D

so tell me, what music do you like?
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:39 am Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

ntom wrote:

I do agree about rthe mindless robots! :wink:

He's actually been here since the beginning...

Vurt:

We should start a kickstarter to get funds to build a rocket to do just that.

im always here :scared:

i have the rocket, thats not the problem, its tricking all the edm folks on board. im looking at a hitchhikers guide scenarion, telling them its to save the future of mankind.
Igro
KVRAF

Postby Igro; Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:40 am Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

vurt wrote:

so tell me, what music do you like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGCnoJ9 ... P3WmVj8_rk
ZenPunkHippy
KVRAF

10453 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:41 am Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

Someone, somewhere thinks that music is shit (not me, it's quite nice but you get the point?).

Who is right?
vurt
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:43 am Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Someone, somewhere thinks that music is shit (not me, it's quite nice but you get the point?).

Who is right?

everybody.
thats the problem with something so subjective as art.

eg: the mona lisa is shit, give me one of pollocks pieces any day.
Igro
KVRAF

Postby Igro; Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:48 am Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

Everything is subjective. Nobody argues with this statement. Wait, I can tell that I see a cucumber, while others are saying it's a melon? Everything is subjective, right?
Last edited by Igro on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
ntom
KVRAF

Postby ntom; Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:51 am Re: Something awful... Maybe worse than RebaBlack

There are no winners....except the people who will save the humanity by getting on the rocket.

Maybe if we cram Avicci, Martin Garrix, Deadmaus, Skrillex and all the other EDM people into this rocket, hide the launch bay inside a large club venew and entice all the people with a "no cover" poster featuring a hot, young girl unrelated to the event that will get at least MOST of the EDM listeners on board.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)