Mixing Piano and Guitar on the chorus.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, I hope you guys could help me.

I am doing a song and it has a rhythm guitar part on the verse and it continues playing thru the chorus.

In the chorus I will introduce a new instrument a rhythmic piano part.

I am using 1 piano and two synths sounds to make this piano chorus sound, and it has 1 piano vst on the center, 1 synth @ 13% right and 1 synth @ 15% left.

The guitar has the haas effect already.

I was wondering what would be the best approach to mix this two guys playing almost the same chord notes, afterwall they need to be in harmony.

Besides one the chorus I have a string counterpart and vocals.

What would be your approach to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for all your help.

Have a nice day!!.

Hard to say without hearing it... Just listen critically, point out what you think can be improved and work on that :shrug:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Thanks for the answer.

I will upload soon.

I was wondering the usual techniques to solve this...

But I agree with an example is better...

Thanks.

If you are a band I guess it's sensitive just to cut one guitar out - I mean are both needed.
Look at moving one guitar one octave away from the other - and maybe just strum/pick a few notes in a chord.

Guitars can usually be thinned out more than pianos before they start sounding unnatural. So in case of doubt, remove frequencies from the guitar first...

I always lowpass guitar to a certain degree, maybe let the piano part have more air and make sure there are no frequencies clashing too much?

Hi, guys, here is the song/remix....besides those 2 elements has the strings and I out it on the side.
The mess is on the chorus...piano and guitar...what do you think?

What other mistakes did you hear?

Thanks.

http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/3183105/file.html

Return to “Production Techniques”