Recorded on 4 different snare drums with 6 complementary microphones, using a variety of muffling technics, RAW MUFFLED SNARES explores the punchy, controlled and classic sounds of muffled snare drums.
For decades, studio and live drummers have experimented with muffling technics and materials on their snare drums, with the goal to control overtones and decay, add impact and focus, gain clarity and mix in better with other instruments.
The 249 samples of RAW MUFFLED SNARES explore these technics and feature a huge palette of muffled sounds, from glorious punchy disco snares, sharp and cutting sounds reminescent of electronic drums, all the way to classic old-school controlled snares...
The choice of microphones and microphone positions add to this versatility by providing various amounts of proximity effect and ambience.
This original set of samples will be perfect for music production and mixing duties (adding bite, punch or stick definition to poorly recorded snares).
11 Kontakt instruments provide dynamic layered snares for instant results and great realism, practical category sets, and plenty of unheard, unexpected new snare sounds.
- - 249 samples, mono and stereo WAV, 24bit, 48kHz
- - Samples organised in 6 practical subfolders (dead snares, controlled snares, sharp snares...)
- - 11 NI Kontakt instruments (6 nki, 5 nkm) (full Kontakt 4.2+ required!)
- - Total size uncompressed: 30.4MB
- - introductory price (-50%): EUR 6€ (list price €12) offer ends march 14th