What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Virsyn TERA fun

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRian

751 posts since 21 Jan, 2006, from Athens, Greece

Postby ZINO; Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:11 am

Sequent wrote:And herein lies part of the problem with Virsyn marketing... $100 promo and nobody knows about it! Not even existing customers. Except of course, for this thread. :)

yul wrote:Hey the 100$ promo is back! www.virsyn.com

I somehow like this "snob" approach sometimes, especially compared to some company representatives that are all over the place trying to sell you stuff...
KVRAF

2529 posts since 13 Feb, 2001, from What do you care? :)

Postby Sequent; Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:28 am

This is actually very true!

ZINO wrote:
Sequent wrote:And herein lies part of the problem with Virsyn marketing... $100 promo and nobody knows about it! Not even existing customers. Except of course, for this thread. :)

I somehow like this "snob" approach sometimes, especially compared to some company representatives that are all over the place trying to sell you stuff...
Spacey stuff: www.myspace.com/sequent7
Cloudy stuff: www.soundcloud.com/sequent7

Available on iTunes and at Amazon.
KVRAF

19390 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:51 am

Don't know about you but I got an email about it.

Would be nice to see them investing some more energy into further developing the synths though, instead of just trying to sell them off cheap.
KVRAF

2529 posts since 13 Feb, 2001, from What do you care? :)

Postby Sequent; Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Well, I obviously did not get any email. Must have gotten onto "that other list."

Yes, it would be nice to see these synths not fall by the wayside as it were.

aMUSEd wrote:

Don't know about you but I got an email about it.

Would be nice to see them investing some more energy into further developing the synths though, instead of just trying to sell them off cheap.
Spacey stuff: www.myspace.com/sequent7
Cloudy stuff: www.soundcloud.com/sequent7

Available on iTunes and at Amazon.
KVRist

39 posts since 27 Jun, 2012

Postby jdavis3; Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:23 pm

I am considering picking up Tera 3 during the current promotion.

Does it require a dongle?

I checked their web site and it does not mention it and KVR lists it as serial based.

I just want to double check prior to purchase.

Thanks
KVRist

172 posts since 20 Nov, 2010

Postby VoltAirOhm; Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:24 pm

TERA: serial
CUBE and POSEIDON: e-licenser (Dongle)
KVRAF

19390 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:38 am

VoltAirOhm wrote:TERA: serial
CUBE and POSEIDON: e-licenser (Dongle)

Cube 2 is serial too. Just Poseidon needs the dongle.
KVRAF

3527 posts since 16 Dec, 2002, from over there

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:21 am

69 Euro to upgrade though......stuff your existing customers.
Ive had this since version 1 when activation was with floppy disc!!!!!
KVRist

134 posts since 16 May, 2004, from Soviet Union

Postby c_voltage; Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:27 pm Re: Virsyn TERA fun

I`m user of Tera3 license, it really interesting plug, but unfortunately there some old problems which has not yet been fixed - midi learn\automatization of all of Mixer page parameters (incl. master FX section) just cannot work.
Also, values of all Reverb send knobs (on Mixer page) cannot save in preset\project, load always dropped to 0.
Hopefully someday the developers will pay attention to it.
KVRian

1476 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:56 pm Re: Virsyn TERA fun

c_voltage wrote:I`m user of Tera3 license, it really interesting plug, but unfortunately there some old problems which has not yet been fixed

exactly why i love the free microTERA, it lacks the sequencer and all the extra fluff but keeps the wonderful additive waveshaper engine :love:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OB M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50]
SW [DIM PRO - RAPTURE - Z3TA+ - CRONOX3 - KLC - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK XPSP3 PC/MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
yul
KVRist

386 posts since 26 Sep, 2002, from Montreal, CANADA

Postby yul; Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:16 pm Re: Virsyn TERA fun

Tera is still the very best synth I own with almost no CPU followed by FM8 then Razor\Prism...I have tried them all.
KVRian

827 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland

Postby EnGee; Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:08 pm Re: Virsyn TERA fun

Is the promo ended? I see it's price 169 euro in the 'shop' page, but Cube is 99 euro now :-)

I searched also for a demo but couldn't find! [edit: found it!!] I'm interested because it sounded great years ago but it was always out of my budget. With the promo I might buy it especially the quality/cpu usage must be fantastic :hyper:
KVRAF

1535 posts since 9 Mar, 2006, from Sydney, Australia

Postby HunterKiller; Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:36 pm Re: Virsyn TERA fun

Hey yul, I liked some of those patches in the demo vid. Are they available anywhere?
“Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.” - Paul Brandt
KVRist

134 posts since 16 May, 2004, from Soviet Union

Postby c_voltage; Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:29 am Re: Virsyn TERA fun

layzer wrote:
c_voltage wrote:I`m user of Tera3 license, it really interesting plug, but unfortunately there some old problems which has not yet been fixed

exactly why i love the free microTERA, it lacks the sequencer and all the extra fluff but keeps the wonderful additive waveshaper engine :love:

BTW recently i found bug exactly in microTera engine (but not in the free version, the one which contains in Tera3):
If open two instances of microtera in DAW, and try draw waveform in Additive shaper window in one of microtera instance, then sound will change in both instances at the same time, and will be identical.
Although by visual the waveforms in Additive Shapers of both instances will continue to be displayed differently.

However, recently VirSyn returned to update for synths, there is hope.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments