SoundCloud + mp3skull

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It appears that SoundCloud is being scraped pretty hard by mp3skull...
Maybe common knowledge, but I just realized it.

Plunk your name into their search.
mp3skull (dot) ch

One more strike for SC....

Do you think turning of the widgets on the track would block it?
Its running through SC's "api." link...

ugh..
Theres a '(dot) io' too....
ImageImageImageImage

it's because Flash files are easily ripped, and...well, soundcloud runs on Flash.
they are slowly taking steps in the right direction with HTM5 embedded players, now if only their default web players were in HTML5.

It's pretty common as you can see it done easily with Youtube (Just type in Youtube Downloader and look at all the webpages that come up. I'm certain it's the same for Soundcloud)

HA, yeah, they're quite up to date on my tracks

there is no question by the names, ripped from SC

And, they offer downloads of the 128bit stream rips..... :(
At least they arent charging, I guess. :scared:
ImageImageImageImage

ntom wrote:it's because Flash files are easily ripped, and...well, soundcloud runs on Flash.
they are slowly taking steps in the right direction with HTM5 embedded players, now if only their default web players were in HTML5.

It's pretty common as you can see it done easily with Youtube (Just type in Youtube Downloader and look at all the webpages that come up. I'm certain it's the same for Soundcloud)
Yeah, I get how easy it is.
I even use the YouTube download sites occasionally.
But from what Ive seen, they require a link from the user. Or, they are an addon to the YT page that the user is already on.
Its not as if you can go search YT through some other site, and mass download from there. Afaik anyway...
ImageImageImageImage

All my tracks are up on MP3skull, exact same names as on Soundcloud.

Never heard of the site until now.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

https://soundcloud.com/badgersinbasra

highkoo wrote:
ntom wrote:it's because Flash files are easily ripped, and...well, soundcloud runs on Flash.

Yeah, I get how easy it is.
I even use the YouTube download sites occasionally.
But from what Ive seen, they require a link from the user. Or, they are an addon to the YT page that the user is already on.
Its not as if you can go search YT through some other site, and mass download from there. Afaik anyway...
Well I know there are downloaders that work right off of a webpage, no software needed aside from your browser, I am certain for someone who knows how to program software it wouldn't be hard to program a software that just automatically downloads all the newly uploaded tracks to soundcloud.

As the artist, you might be able to get it removed from mp3skull -MAYBE- if you contact them. But I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

EDIT:
I couldn't find a contact button so I went to their facebook page and posted there, as well as multiple screen caps that highlighted every one of my songs that came up.

huh, no one else has seemed too concerned about this.
I decided to take action and today a person from their facebook page, presumably the same person who runs the website, told me they'd be willing to take down all my songs if I provide them links to them.
I honestly believe all Soundcloud artists should do this. But, obviously it's your call. I was just letting you guys know, they seem reasonable enough to remove your music.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is a permanent fix, as I mentioned above, I assume they use some automatic soundcloud downloader thing, so while he might be removing the current sounds, my later sounds will be uploaded there just the same. My hope is if enough of you contact him maybe...something will happen, I don't know.

My ISP (Sky) has blocked access to the website, so I can't even look to see if my stuff is on there. Kinda ironic really :>
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:My ISP (Sky) has blocked access to the website, so I can't even look to see if my stuff is on there. Kinda ironic really :>
I can check for you, and if it is, I can give you all the links to send to him. I don't think he'll much believe me if I act as a representative on your behalf, thus why I'd just give you the links to send his way.

Blocked here too ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:Blocked here too ...
Well, same thing as I said for Sendy.

Seems my stuff isn't there - I wonder if you need to reach a certain number of listens before it bothers with you.
Come to think of it now though, I don't think I allow downloads on anything.

Thanks ntom... It's up to you... I'm not terribly anxious, but mildly curious. I'd appreciate it but it's your call. I also don't allow downloads on most of my stuff. When I search for "Sendy Music" I get a lot of hits on someone called DJ Sendy :angry:

It would appear Sendy is also an actual name in some places, and it appears to be unisex, so that's double the irrelevant hits :evil:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”