What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

I used to be banned

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

4578 posts since 11 Feb, 2005, from Bordeaux France

Postby stanlea; Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:06 pm Re: I used to be banned

vurt wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
vurt wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:
stanlea wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:a good and moral person

Isn't this a jerk ?

to a unmoral person yes. maybe off topic, but ive seen 3 ghosts, am a master tarot card reader, have astral projected twice 'hence my name' am psychic enough to predict playing cards, and seen amazing things be predicted with an ouija including the initials, of my mom future husband, and my sisters husband. so i know i am responsible for my own karma. that's why i do my best to protect it.

what number am i thinking of?

nope. pervert.

The number of the beast ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...
addled muppet weed

34217 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:12 pm Re: I used to be banned

stanlea wrote:
The number of the beast ?

which iteration there of?
KVRAF

7623 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:16 pm Re: I used to be banned

stanlea wrote:The number of the beast ?

Nope, the number of the feast

Call Domino pizza :D
Racing the clouds home
KVRian

656 posts since 24 Oct, 2005

Postby nasenmann; Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:32 pm Re: I used to be banned

donkey tugger wrote:
Hink wrote:There was a PTSD forum from Australia that I joined years ago, I introduced myself and I got blasted by mods and members because I didn't follow their posting rules. It Seems That The Rules Were That In Thread Titles The First Letter Of Each Word Had to Be Capitalized. I apologized but asked why people with the same illness as me came down on me so hard (I mean I got blasted) which led to even more anger, aggression and even hateful words at me even after I said I would make sure to follow the rules...then I got banned. Mind you this is a support group, while I understand they want to keep their forum neat I say give a guy a break on his first post. I got an angry email from the site owner and at the time (I do not have it now) I took hard copies of all of it to a PTSD group I was in at the VA. No one could believe what they were reading and the moderator of our group said he would make sure that any vets he talked to stayed away from this place.

Not to worry, I found a good site and it's helped me a lot...but I will never understand how they could be so aggressive toward me...in fact I am really glad they banned me because I suspect they would have done more harm to me than good.

I think you may have joined an OCD forum by mistake.

ROFL

but seriously, crazy story. especially with that forum's theme.
never really posted in one, but i'm generally a little wary of specialized self help forums.
sure, very good for exchange of similar experiences, but whenever i lurked around in one it seriously dragged me down. lots of posts feeding off each other's negativity.
virtual mental institutions...
Rad Grandad

24606 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:38 pm Re: I used to be banned

nasenmann wrote:
donkey tugger wrote:
Hink wrote:There was a PTSD forum from Australia that I joined years ago, I introduced myself and I got blasted by mods and members because I didn't follow their posting rules. It Seems That The Rules Were That In Thread Titles The First Letter Of Each Word Had to Be Capitalized. I apologized but asked why people with the same illness as me came down on me so hard (I mean I got blasted) which led to even more anger, aggression and even hateful words at me even after I said I would make sure to follow the rules...then I got banned. Mind you this is a support group, while I understand they want to keep their forum neat I say give a guy a break on his first post. I got an angry email from the site owner and at the time (I do not have it now) I took hard copies of all of it to a PTSD group I was in at the VA. No one could believe what they were reading and the moderator of our group said he would make sure that any vets he talked to stayed away from this place.

Not to worry, I found a good site and it's helped me a lot...but I will never understand how they could be so aggressive toward me...in fact I am really glad they banned me because I suspect they would have done more harm to me than good.

I think you may have joined an OCD forum by mistake.

ROFL

but seriously, crazy story. especially with that forum's theme.
never really posted in one, but i'm generally a little wary of specialized self help forums.
sure, very good for exchange of similar experiences, but whenever i lurked around in one it seriously dragged me down. lots of posts feeding off each other's negativity.

the bigger problem for me is trust but in a pinch online is better than nothing. While the VA has interns for therapists they do have closed groups as well which can be very helpful. Online people can make up things but in a closed group (which typically runs 8-12 months) trust and strong bonds are made.

@donks, yeah you're right...it did seem that way :hihi:
As long as you hate, there will be people to hate
-George Harrison
something special

7879 posts since 15 Mar, 2002, from gone riding

Postby bluedad; Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:56 pm Re: I used to be banned

Beazlebug wrote:When are KVR going to let that Bones guy back - I used to love reading his posts....

Bones is not banned, so you can add him to the list.
If I knew how to get in touch with Reg I'd invite him back.
You could add Sickle; I invited him back but he didn't seem too interested.
I want to thank IK for the trip to Hawaii and for letting me play with ST3 since January.
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:25 pm Re: I used to be banned

bluedad wrote:
Beazlebug wrote:When are KVR going to let that Bones guy back - I used to love reading his posts....

Bones is not banned, so you can add him to the list.
If I knew how to get in touch with Reg I'd invite him back.
You could add Sickle; I invited him back but he didn't seem too interested.

I tried to get Donovan to come back a couple of years ago but you're right, he has no interest (and tbh I dont blame him)...many of us here are friends with him on FB :)
-George Harrison
KVRAF

3698 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:15 pm Re: I used to be banned

Let's get back to dissing the french

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yz5rx2lHNE
KVRAF

4578 posts since 11 Feb, 2005, from Bordeaux France

Postby stanlea; Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:56 pm Re: I used to be banned

Tu vas être banni si tu continues, assolement.
You can't always get what you waaaant...
KVRAF

2629 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:11 pm Re: I used to be banned

nasenmann wrote:but seriously, crazy story. especially with that forum's theme.

A lot of the people who create such forums do so as a kind of therapy for themselves... and there's no telling who is on the other end there, they may be WAY sicker than you. I've seen it happen a couple times.

There are good forums, but you really have to research them carefully. Usually when they are part of a larger organization things are handled a bit more carefully. But even then there are no guarantees.
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:52 am Re: I used to be banned

Ha ha ha, finally I got the title of this thread :lol:

I'm a bit slow :oops:
Racing the clouds home
KVRAF

11012 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:31 am Re: I used to be banned

Did you also get an arrow to the knee?
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:34 am Re: I used to be banned

SODDI wrote:

A lot of the people who create such forums do so as a kind of therapy for themselves... and there's no telling who is on the other end there, they may be WAY sicker than you. I've seen it happen a couple times.

There are good forums, but you really have to research them carefully. Usually when they are part of a larger organization things are handled a bit more carefully. But even then there are no guarantees.

Daily Strength is pretty good
-George Harrison
KVRAF

2629 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:03 pm Re: I used to be banned

Hink wrote:
SODDI wrote:

Daily Strength is pretty good

I went different groups for a different reason. I finally just gave up because some of them people just get MEAN. Just wanted to hurt other vulnerable people because they could.
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:10 pm Re: I used to be banned

I once thought it would be a good plot for a Twilight Zone episode:

Somebody joining a social network/forum website, and hanging out with all the other users there, only to find out after some time that all the other users are in fact the same person.

So this other person, having gotten involved with other users, even ganged up with some of the users against other users, realizing that all those users are in fact just one other schizophrenic person.
Racing the clouds home
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic