Image-Line | Minihost Modular (Beta)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I also tried posting a few bug reports on the IL forum, but apparently only paying customers can post.

This thing is great, but could really use panning between plugin connections, just like the volume sliders.

It would be also be nice if the volume sliders would display a decibel value.

In the piano roll, apparently the early, un-removable End loop marker is not a bug, since it still exists in this new release. I must admit that I simply do not understand how one can use the piano roll except for recording very brief passages, unless we drag the End loop marker to the far right, which is not possible without repeatedly dragging it, and repeatedly moving the position slider.

Will there be a pay version that allows users to remove the End-loop marker or easily move it to the end of the recording? That follows the midi data so that we can see past the first few bars of a recording?

Couple of issues remain, but this is starting to be very very good
Duh

Okay so why does the plugin scan go above and beyond what I have set in the plugin directory fields? It just tried to scan my whole hard drive! Why am I being asked to specify a folder if it's going to scan my whole hard drive?

Also sequencers still don't work. In my case Thesys...

Little question: Is there an auto updater included in the Minihost? I'd like to try it, but if i have to manually update it every time there's an update, it gets a bit annoying.

chk071 wrote:Little question: Is there an auto updater included in the Minihost? I'd like to try it, but if i have to manually update it every time there's an update, it gets a bit annoying.
? It has only been updated once haha
Duh

Yeah, but being beta, there's probably a lot of bug fixes to come. :P Anyway, will just install it and see then.

Hm, am i too stupid to find the post button, or am i not allowed to post on the Image Line forums right away, when i registered? I only find a link to subscribe to a topic, but i don't see a post button anywhere...

Edit: Ok, just saw the post above, saying that only paying customers can post gaaaah... what's the point of a public beta, when i'm not able to post on your forums...

Although i wonder if that's really the case now, when i read this:
Image-Line wrote: We want people to try it and report bugs. If they don't want to bother to have an Image-Line account and use our forums to do so, then that defeats the purpose of running a beta.
Last edited by chk071 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Well this thing is pretty, pretty buggy.

First, it completely ignores my custom VST folder settings, and scans the whole computer for .dll's, which is obviously pretty stupid, as it takes a couple of minutes until the totally unecessary scan of system .dll's is done (maybe it's a UAC problem? i'm logged in as a normal user without admin rights, while MiniHost obviously was installed with admin rights). Then, all of my VSTi's and VST's show up double in the plugin list, so the list is very long.

Next thing is that there is a bug with the plugin windows. I added DiversionFX CM, and tried to close the window, but it wouldn't let me close it, only when i closed all other plugin windows, the piano roll window, and minimized the main window, it let me close DiversionFX CM's window. Edit: Seems to happen only if the Preferences window is opened in the background.

And regardless of what ASIO driver i use, my native Asus Xonar ASIO driver, ASIO4ALL, or the generic, and regardless of what buffer settings i use, i get massive crackles whnever i turn a knob, or move the mouse. Edit: Ok, with the generic ASIO driver (Wasapi?) i don't get any crackles. Pretty high latency then though.

And another thing is, that the virtual midi keyboard should be controllable with the computer keyboard (i mean, why add a virtual midi keyboard, when you can't play it with your computer keyboard? Wasted potential). And there should be a hold note function, when you right click on a key in the virtual midi keyboard. Also, the virtual midi keyboar could use a pitch and mod wheel function.

Lot of negative points, sorry for that, the program seems very nice. I like the GUI, the piano roll is good, and the modular view seems nice too. Hope the above points will be fixed though, atm it's pretty unusable for me unfortunately.
Last edited by chk071 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote:First, it completely ignores my custom VST folder settings, and scans the whole computer for .dll's, which is obviously pretty stupid, as it takes a couple of minutes until the totally unecessary scan of system .dll's is done (maybe it's a UAC problem? i'm logged in as a normal user without admin rights, while MiniHost obviously was installed with admin rights). Then, all of my VSTi's and VST's show up double in the plugin list, so the list is very long.
This appears to be a new bug, I had the same problem but the first beta didn't do this. The weird thing is when I closed and went back in, only the plugins in the specified folder appeared.

Doesn't happen here, it still shows every plugin existant on my harddisk, not only these in the specified VST plugin folders.

Oh, and another thing is that the window dimensions are not saved. Every time MiniHost gets started again, the window dimensions are the default ones again.

chk071 wrote:Hm, am i too stupid to find the post button, or am i not allowed to post on the Image Line forums right away, when i registered? I only find a link to subscribe to a topic, but i don't see a post button anywhere...
To make the confusion complete, the reply to topic, and new topic buttons are there, as long as i'm not logged in. At the moment i log in, they magically disappear. :ud:

Yes sorry, my bad, just post bug reports here and I will make sure the team check it out.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Firstly, many thanks for this excellent device!

Possible bug found in minihost_1.5.0.6 x64 Windows VST:

Extra output nodes (for additional MIDI out channels) not working.

Host : Cubase Elements 7 x64

Any news on making the plugin work as an effect in Cubase?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”