Bass in yur face

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,
working on a new track again. but i need some feedback to make it better.
i'm producing for about half a year now and i'm still a noob so every little thing that you can say about the track would help me a lot! in need all the feedback i can get!

https://soundcloud.com/maarten-pool/bass-in-yur-face

Thnx!

Great start. Really like the bass and drums gradually powering up...

The sound is great, but probably needs some variation or the addition of other sounds.

Maybe you could get Ozzy Osbourne to sing on it ;)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Alright, I'll admit it....this is typically not my kind of thing at -ALL-
but I did really like the dubby-steppy thing and it's little triplet rolls, but otherwise this song is pretty bad. All the drum sounds are pretty cheesy and don't sound well produced at all. Especially that 808 Clap, which isn't fitting into the mix at all, it stands out like a sore thumb.

So the drums sound like they were premade samples you just dropped in...

there is also some sort of trancey/techno bass underneath the wibbly wobbles that definitely works well, but the part it plays is kind of stagnant and boring. Try adding a light layer of the same bass line but 1 octave higher, and kind of bury it into the mix - it'll subtly add a little more flavor, at least I think it would.

Allomerus wrote:Great start. Really like the bass and drums gradually powering up...

The sound is great, but probably needs some variation or the addition of other sounds.

Maybe you could get Ozzy Osbourne to sing on it ;)
yeah that's indeed my next step to try to make it a bit more interesting by changing the sound of the bass via automation and stuff. and i'm still working on the melody and sound from the "acid" synth.

thnx!

ntom wrote:Alright, I'll admit it....this is typically not my kind of thing at -ALL-
but I did really like the dubby-steppy thing and it's little triplet rolls, but otherwise this song is pretty bad. All the drum sounds are pretty cheesy and don't sound well produced at all. Especially that 808 Clap, which isn't fitting into the mix at all, it stands out like a sore thumb.

So the drums sound like they were premade samples you just dropped in...

there is also some sort of trancey/techno bass underneath the wibbly wobbles that definitely works well, but the part it plays is kind of stagnant and boring. Try adding a light layer of the same bass line but 1 octave higher, and kind of bury it into the mix - it'll subtly add a little more flavor, at least I think it would.
thnx for the feedback!
as i said in the text above: i just started producing about half a year ago. and i don't have any musical background or whatever.
i also don't know when a clap is sounding right or wrong. just don't have enough experience jet.

and the kick isn't a premade sample. i used the base of a kick from ultrabeat but added a new punch and somethings in the decay until i "thought" it was good.

but thnx again for your feedback, now i know what to work on for the next track!

You'll know when a clap sounds right when it sounds right to your ears ;)

In my personal onion (I mean, this whole thing really is subjective) the clap seems dry and present, but doesn't necessarily seem glued to the mix or the kit. That may be remedied when/if you put a compressor on the drum bus it may fix that, or maybe a little reverb. It's all about how it sounds to you, though.

ntom wrote:You'll know when a clap sounds right when it sounds right to your ears ;)

In my personal onion (I mean, this whole thing really is subjective) the clap seems dry and present, but doesn't necessarily seem glued to the mix or the kit. That may be remedied when/if you put a compressor on the drum bus it may fix that, or maybe a little reverb. It's all about how it sounds to you, though.
thnx! ill have another look at that.
but to be honest they don't sound that bad to me but i don't really know what to look for;)

and what did you mean with the trance/techno bass? just the subbass?
cause those are the 2 basses i have in this track

I guess you'd call it the acid bass, I don't know. It's a very synthy sound that seems to be emphasizing the wibbly wobbly thing. Sounds like it comes in around 1:05

ntom wrote:I guess you'd call it the acid bass, I don't know. It's a very synthy sound that seems to be emphasizing the wibbly wobbly thing. Sounds like it comes in around 1:05
i know what you mean now. it was meant to be some sort of lead for a bit more melody. but its not there jet. and i'm second guessing myself for adding a extra melody cause its already complete chaos;)

more feedback?!

Return to “Music Cafe”