What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

201 posts since 10 Oct, 2013

Postby humanbeingbeing; Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:12 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

sonicpowa wrote:
virtualmark wrote:Yeah it appears to be working fine, that's good news
Of course it´s working fine, it´s not Ableton you know.. :D
Bitwig have borrowed some ideas from other DAWs but do you really think PDC problems was one of the ideas? :wink:

...with the time it took Ableton to acknowledge the problem, and then NOT fix it with Live 9, and not to even acknowledge it properly, plus the discussion on various forums... the way Ableton makes throwaway comments about PDC, they summarize the idea of automation, glossing over the feature, it shouldn't need an asterix, but their idea of plugin compensation does-- of course, with Bitwig, because Ableton never highlighted it, we want to know is it "full" compensation, as in, is everything compensated for... this all started years ago when the "PDC" feature was first introduced into DAW's, somehow, the degree to which you compensate plugins has only recently started to be considered...because Ableton at least led us to believe that plugins were fully compensated, misleading IMO... I was worried that Bitwig may have been doing the same glossing that Ableton were doing.... and the way Ableton gets on, you almost expect PDC to be some major intractable ultimate issue that is at least very difficult to fix, I personally never believed that with Bitwig, it must have been a consideration from the start... I think Ableton must have made some bad choices with their core functions that made full compensation very difficult for them, maybe even impossible, I mean they haven't been able to fix it, who knows, maybe they just didn't care about it enough to fix it, or maybe the Bitwig guys are a tad more talented. There have been comments by some users that they personally don't considerate it important, but it really is important so this puts Bitwig into another league for me ... yeah, having the full compensation "feature" somewhat confirmed inside Bitwig makes me VERY happy.
====================================
HUMAN BEING
https://soundcloud.com/humanbeingmusic
=====================================
KVRist

113 posts since 13 May, 2006, from Norway

Postby xerxes[no]; Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:53 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

A bit off-topic; I am really looking forward to trying out BW. What are the chances Ableton will slap a lawsuit in their face the day after release? I know there was a lot hype about this when the first screenshots and videos came out - but Ableton would never file this before it was actually released. Any thoughts?
KVRian

1058 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from The Outer Rim

Postby Suloo; Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:14 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

i don`t believe there will be any lawsuit. Basically any DAW is a rip off from another..
KVRist

254 posts since 28 Aug, 2013

Postby Regnas; Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:23 am Lawsuit???... hmmm..Maybe Bitwig is a subsidiary of Ableton.... who knows???

Lawsuit???... hmmm..

Maybe Bitwig is a subsidiary of Ableton.... who knows???
KVRAF

3638 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:04 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

C'mon FM-4 video!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
KVRist

83 posts since 30 Jun, 2012

Postby spinlud; Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:08 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Anyone knows if is present any support in Bitwig for outboards and external instruments like analog synths etc? Something like 'external instrument' or 'external effect' plugin in ableton..

thanks in advance
KVRian

1058 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from The Outer Rim

Postby Suloo; Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:09 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

spinlud wrote:Anyone knows if is present any support in Bitwig for outboards and external instruments like analog synths etc? Something like 'external instrument' or 'external effect' plugin in ableton..

thanks in advance

yes, there is this external instrument thing like in ableton
KVRist

83 posts since 30 Jun, 2012

Postby spinlud; Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:32 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

cool thanks!
KVRian

591 posts since 12 Jul, 2007, from Sweden

Postby suecae_sounds; Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:29 am Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Suloo wrote:[...] there is this external instrument thing like in ableton

Yay! Good times are coming. :)
KVRist

405 posts since 21 Mar, 2010, from Manchester UK

Postby kennyda; Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:01 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Might as well post this while I'm here, I just took this screenshot showing editing of multiple clips in multiple audio tracks

Studio One, OS X 10.0, M-Audio Oxygen 25 keyboard.
Old websites:
http://www.bitwigtutorials.net Free Bitwig Studio tutorials
http://www.macableton.com Free Ableton Live and Mac tutorials.
KVRist

155 posts since 1 Nov, 2005

Postby digaldeman; Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:58 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

I notice that there isn't much info about Bitwig's MIDI editor tools like groove quantize, chopper, and a strum tool. Can a beta tester confirm that these features are present or not?
KVRist

148 posts since 27 Apr, 2002, from Canada

Postby toby; Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:32 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

I wish somebody would post up a hi-res screen shot of all the devices included. all the ones I have seen have been too low res to see all the controls
KVRist

82 posts since 3 Jan, 2013

Postby Kenit; Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:45 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

toby wrote:I wish somebody would post up a hi-res screen shot of all the devices included. all the ones I have seen have been too low res to see all the controls

http://0dbpl.files.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... -chain.pdf

Maybe not all.
KVRer

27 posts since 5 Oct, 2009, from Moscow, Russia

Postby Valery_Kondakoff; Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:11 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Seems like no Random Note FX in upcoming Bitwig. :(
CU
VK
KVRist

148 posts since 27 Apr, 2002, from Canada

Postby toby; Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:21 pm Re: The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Kenit wrote:
toby wrote:I wish somebody would post up a hi-res screen shot of all the devices included. all the ones I have seen have been too low res to see all the controls

http://0dbpl.files.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... -chain.pdf

Maybe not all.

excellent thanks for posting!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)