OhmStudio
0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just put Studio One as mine.

They sent me a mail saying they are having 50% off till the end of March, and that includes upgrades.

http://www.presonus.com/community/blog/ ... -upgrades/

Not very good support. Very lack lustre community.
But what a f**king 21st Century Fighter Jet!

When it isn't crashing like a bastard!

:-)

I'm surprise by the sudden popularity of Studio One for two reasons: first one being I've never heard of it before doing a quick search for the poll and second being that for a newcomer it seems strangely popular...

And now there's people who registers only to say that they like Studio One :lol: !

In any case, polls and statistics are never scientific. There's only a few things one can do with such data. What I realize is that it seems a very emotional thing when all these DAW basically just do the same thing. Stability and performance is important though.

Being here at KVR nearly every evening in the last months, I've heard much praise for Studio One, so it doesn't surprise me at all...

In fact, the poll shows exactly what I've expected... Maybe I've thought there were 1 or 2 more Mixcraft users, but that's all...

SampleScience wrote: Stability and performance is important though.
Up to a point.

Studio One is probably the most unstable host/daw I have.

Like the fighter jets...

But the great thing is, it will only tend to crash when you are loading a file or closing a file. When it opens something it tends to work flawlessly till you stop working on it.

Don't expect to get too much help or feedback from the community there on the forum. The initial buzz of the thing has died down and most of the peeps have gone to ground. That is ok. There is enough info out there to do what you want to do, probably.

The most stable host I have is FLStudio. Then probably Ableton. Reaper. XT2.

I don't seem to be alone in my experience of this, and know people that have just knocked it on the head totally because of its instability. But it works well for me when it is working.

FLStudio has problems. Is fiddly and convoluted to do certain things. Ableton has PDC problems that can bite you when you least expect it. Reaper is pretty good but at the mercy of dodgy plugins. XT2 is surprisingly stable and can hold its own amongst any of these and is why I still use it after all this time of non-development.

Presonus have the world in their hands right now. Visionary coders. Superbly executed. A few things to iron out. A bit of politeness to be learned. But it's there for them if they want it. They can be the Kings if they want. Not sure they do.

Cubase has had its day. So has Logic. That debate is over. Jumping Jimminy. Things have got so bad that a program that is two years old can give them a run for their money (Energy XT2). I know the arguments about 'but XT can't do this' and 'I need sync for that'. Very good. Very well. Just making music here. Like to make it fast on a roll.

Studio One takes things to a whole new level. I excuse their arrogance. Their offhandedness. It surprises me in fact, how far they have taken this concept in such a short space of time.

I'm a big Ableton lover. A big FLStudio lover. And of course a massive XT lover, but if I just had to have one. Or put my money on one for the future.. Grab this 50% deal while you can. The crap support and the dwindling community don't bother me. If they keep going at this rate, they will have killed Cubase and Logic dead once and for all in five years time.

I realize this is hardly a scientific poll, but still I had no idea Studio One was as hot as it is.... I use it, simply because I like it. I'm on a Mac, got tired of Logic... Reaper is great, but not for me. Wow, I thought I was a lone freak using Studio One..... amazing.
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

Judging by that ridiculous post a few pages back which was basically a marketing blurb copied and pasted I wouldn't discount the idea that Presonus folks are in here gaming the poll.

SampleScience wrote:I'm surprise by the sudden popularity of Studio One ....
I'm not surprised! I had the producer edition before and it is indeed an excellent DAW. I don't remember it crashed once with me. It has a nice interface and easy workflow.

For the price, the producer edition (when 50% discount) has the best value for money between similar priced DAWs because it is a complete DAW for audio production and has enough midi editing tools.

I chose Sonar (then now Live mostly) because they are better for me than Studio One in the midi /workflow/composing but if you don't need such features, S1 is a great choice :-)

Nevertheless (even if I appreciate Studio One), I'm quite sure there are still more Cubase and Logic users than Studio One users in the world, especially in professional studios...
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have/use most DAWS except Studio One. I rate my DAWS on capabilities of Midi, Audio, Workflow, Mixing and stability. I have MACs and PC's. Cubase is far and away the best for me. Best in class Midi, great Audio, easy workflow and tied with Logic to finish a mix. Next Logic, Live 9, DP 8, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Sonar X3, Tracktion...

Last is Reaper - basic midi, no audio editor, ok to finish a mix, workflow - ugh!

Switched from Pro Tools to Studio One recently. Studio One has good effects plugins but I liked PT instruments better. Avid was trying to squeeze 200 or 300 out of you at every turn. Plus I would have to upgrade windows and loose all my plugins.

Tricky-Loops wrote:Nevertheless (even if I appreciate Studio One), I'm quite sure there are still more Cubase and Logic users than Studio One users in the world, especially in professional studios...

And your point is?

It's not a game.
It's not a competition.
We are a vocal minority here.

Any of these hosts can be used by real producers and music makers.

What is a professional studio btw?

I know you're trolling, but, you know, someone has to call you out sometime...

Give it a rest. Don't derail another somewhat promising thread, eh?

In the end they all make toast .... What toaster do you use ?

C-note wrote:I have/use most DAWS except Studio One. I rate my DAWS on capabilities of Midi, Audio, Workflow, Mixing and stability. I have MACs and PC's. Cubase is far and away the best for me. Best in class Midi, great Audio, easy workflow and tied with Logic to finish a mix. Next Logic, Live 9, DP 8, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Sonar X3, Tracktion...

Last is Reaper - basic midi, no audio editor, ok to finish a mix, workflow - ugh!

Wow, that's quite a list. And you rated Fruity Loops above Pro Tools.

It's easy to miss Studio One. It doesn't have very good press on the whole and they don't do themselves much favours. But it has so many amazing integrated features that it makes up for any lacking basic features it might have.

For example. In Energy XT2, you can bounce in situ any of the tracks you have going that are not muted. And it will show in a new rendered audio track in the sequencer. In Studio One you can't do that. You can't bounce more than one selected track in place. You have to go to all the trouble of rendering as you would a whole song. And you have to set an option for this, which can not be deselected till you do your new render. By which time, you have forgotten about it and have to set parameters all again. Phew! It sounds like I am making a meal of it. But you try doing it. It's the only way! It takes about five minutes longer to achieve in S1 than XT2.

It's like using an alpha version of software. But it has so many more advanced options that you realise that they just forgot the basics. They worked on the more complicated and visionary stuff first. They just let the cat out when they went to get the milk!

I've tried most of them and finally feel settled and comfortable with Cubase.
Is it perfect no. Nor were any of the others i've tried. But it suits my workflow and as I become more proficient at using it, the better it gets.
I think there are many superb DAWS it's a case of finding the one that fits your needs and then learning it.
I've spent too much time flitting from one to the other never really digging deep enough to learn how to use any of them properly.
The best DAW is the one you know how to use properly :wink:
Try them all then pick one and learn it.

Ogopogo wrote:Judging by that ridiculous post a few pages back which was basically a marketing blurb copied and pasted I wouldn't discount the idea that Presonus folks are in here gaming the poll.
Well, nobody needs to do some boosting about Studio One. I use it for a couple of years, and I have to say that it's my favorite DAW by far. I have most of the others too (Live Suite 9, Sonar X3 Producer, Reaper, FL Studio, Cubase 7, Reason), they all have their strenghts and usefulness, but I always come back to Studio One 2 Professional. It's very intuitive and easy to use.

When I started to use it, I read a lot of praise here on this forum, and after using it for a while, I can fully understand why.

I'm not connected in any way to Presonus. I'm just a happy user, that's it, and I had no hesitation to vote for Studio One on this poll.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”