Soundware Forum Now Live

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have to admit, KVR seems cleaner and simplified.

A nice improvement to an already great forum! :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:What I don't get is the fact, that sample libraries are not considered as soundware and release-pitches for those remain in the Sample-forum. Where is the logic in that?
logic is in hosts.

Sampleconstruct wrote:What I don't get is the fact, that sample libraries are not considered as soundware and release-pitches for those remain in the Sample-forum. Where is the logic in that?
Maybe because it's the Samples, Sampling and Sample Libraries forum and not the Samples, Sampling and Sample Libraries Oh No Not Really I Was Pulling Your Leg They're In Soundware forum?

Gamma-UT wrote:
Maybe because it's the Samples, Sampling and Sample Libraries forum and not the Samples, Sampling and Sample Libraries Oh No Not Really I Was Pulling Your Leg They're In Soundware forum?
I think the poor mods just need time to move all the gazillion release threads to the new forum which is about to implode.

Will Gearslutz die from laughing, or from fearing the juggernaut :?

Teksonik wrote:This is a step in the right direction. Now the Marketplace won't be so cluttered and member to member sales won't have so much competition. Makes the 48 hour bump rule much more palatable.... :clap:

Here's a question. Say someone wants to release some free patches. Soundware forum or Instruments forum ?
One thing i don't get:
It was mentioned that the Soundware forum was for announcement and discussions of soundsets.
Dedicated threads about current sales should be still in market place or am i wrong?

Personally i had asked to move the thread abbout my "Atmospheric Transients" soundset to the new sub-forum. That thread was mostly based on announcing and discussiong the soundsets. Anyway i also mentioned there that for the Musikmesse the is a discount for it. This does not mena that the whole thread is only about sales...
'
FWIW i had posted the current Waldorf discounts at the Bargains thread at the Marketplace which should be the proper place.

If we mix up announcements, discussions and also all dedicated sales threads at the Soundware sub-forum it will become a mess too...
The fact that also Kontakt libraries are in the Soundware forum (instead of the Samples forum) makes it even worse.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

The Samples forum is for discussing sample libs, not for pitching them, at least that's how I understood it. But as many announcement threads are still in the Samples forum although they have been reported, makes it hard to understand the logic behind it.

Someone please clarify whats the deal...

1. Unless adding adequate info theres a 48 hour rule in market place. Crystal clear.

2. Now whats the deal in the sound ware forum. Any rules? At least I can't find any info about it and today I added a short notice in my thread after around 24 hours (seemed reasonable) and figured it was ok. Someone clearly thinks different.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=404744
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Bioethical Genome Modification.

Is it ok to spam / crosspost in company forums and soundware forum?

Kriminal wrote:Is it ok to spam / crosspost in company forums and soundware forum?
It's been ok for the last 6 years or so. You need more rules?

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Is it ok to spam / crosspost in company forums and soundware forum?
It's been ok for the last 6 years or so. You need more rules?
Didnt have the new soundware forum then, just asking for clarification, from Ben.

liv wrote:Someone please clarify whats the deal...

1. Unless adding adequate info theres a 48 hour rule in market place. Crystal clear.

2. Now whats the deal in the sound ware forum. Any rules? At least I can't find any info about it and today I added a short notice in my thread after around 24 hours (seemed reasonable) and figured it was ok. Someone clearly thinks different.
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=404744
I think it's fine - the rule is for the market place which was always primarily about second hand sales.

well the instrument devs with company forums arent supposed to do it in the instruments forum, so i guess its only fair for the same rule to apply :shrug:

Why is everyone getting all worked up over this new forum? :dog:
It will all be sorted in time, children...please relax yourselves, go sit down, have some tea or a beer, maybe watch some tv or go out for a nice stroll. All will be okay.
[Insert Signature Here]

thanks ben.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “Site Stuff”