Pretty sure this is a BANGER!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/lennart-richter/ ... e-somebody

If you take the time to listen, why not leave some feedback? I usually don't get much on here :cry:

Nice production.

DaMuh wrote:https://soundcloud.com/lennart-richter/ ... e-somebody

If you take the time to listen, why not leave some feedback? I usually don't get much on here :cry:
I wasn't going to leave feedback because this isn't really my thing and it's well done so that anything I say would really just be more about my taste than your record.

If you're going to do a different mix, I like the sound at 3:05 and at the end, I wish I could hear more of that and less (really none) of the string that walks down. There's too much of the main vocal and although I think that the production on the bass is great, I don't like it naked anywhere near as much as I like it behind the sound at 3:05 and the end. I think as an accent, the naked bass would be great, but hearing it all the way through is too much for me, it's like having liver patte as the main dish.

I'd like to hear a stripped down remix that features that sound, removes the strings, strips away some of the main vocals, and filters out slowly to a thin breakdown somewhere. But then again, I'm hopelessly stuck in late 90s house. This reminds me of records that I've purchased where a track like yours is the A side and I've purchased the record for the dub mix on the B side and I'm the only guy that never plays the A side.

There, free feedback, and worth every penny that you paid for it!

ghettosynth wrote:
DaMuh wrote:https://soundcloud.com/lennart-richter/ ... e-somebody

I wasn't going to leave feedback because this isn't really my thing and it's well done so that anything I say would really just be more about my taste than your record.

If you're going to do a different mix, I like the sound at 3:05 and at the end, I wish I could hear more of that and less (really none) of the string that walks down. There's too much of the main vocal and although I think that the production on the bass is great, I don't like it naked anywhere near as much as I like it behind the sound at 3:05 and the end. I think as an accent, the naked bass would be great, but hearing it all the way through is too much for me, it's like having liver patte as the main dish.

I'd like to hear a stripped down remix that features that sound, removes the strings, strips away some of the main vocals, and filters out slowly to a thin breakdown somewhere. But then again, I'm hopelessly stuck in late 90s house. This reminds me of records that I've purchased where a track like yours is the A side and I've purchased the record for the dub mix on the B side and I'm the only guy that never plays the A side.

There, free feedback, and worth every penny that you paid for it!
Hehe, thanks a lot for taking the time! I feel you but experience tells me people nowadays want that bassline focused thing ;) I actually had that going on for a bit longer but felt that sounded a bit strange on it's own.

I can send you the stems if you're up for a rework thou :phones:

DaMuh wrote: Hehe, thanks a lot for taking the time! I feel you but experience tells me people nowadays want that bassline focused thing ;) I actually had that going on for a bit longer but felt that sounded a bit strange on it's own.
No, I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. Current trends remind me of the, fortunately short lived, speed garage craze.

ghettosynth wrote:
DaMuh wrote: Hehe, thanks a lot for taking the time! I feel you but experience tells me people nowadays want that bassline focused thing ;) I actually had that going on for a bit longer but felt that sounded a bit strange on it's own.
No, I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. Current trends remind me of the, fortunately short lived, speed garage craze.
Woah - now you're insulting me! :lol: :wink:

DaMuh wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Yeah, sorry, I realized that came out wrong. I just don't like "bassline focus" in almost any style. It might be related to the fact that I hated the speed garage thing and so now I just can't take more than a few seconds of bassline focus. It's like you have a lifetime limit of bassline focus and speed garage, and later some jungle, used up all of mine.

ghettosynth wrote:
DaMuh wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Yeah, sorry, I realized that came out wrong. I just don't like "bassline focus" in almost any style. It might be related to the fact that I hated the speed garage thing and so now I just can't take more than a few seconds of bassline focus. It's like you have a lifetime limit of bassline focus and speed garage, and later some jungle, used up all of mine.
Hehe I still love me some jungle & dnb sometimes, but I never really liked garage that much

Return to “Music Cafe”