What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The things I hate about... - Toothpaste

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRian

1057 posts since 2 Dec, 2008, from Finland

Postby ras.s; Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:43 am Re: The things I hate about... - Toothpaste

nasenmann wrote:Something tangential...give xylitol a try if you have a little money to spare.
It's a sweetener made out of birch, and it tastes and looks almost exactly like sugar, and none worse in any way.

Now here's the thing: it's not just tooth-friendly, it reduces caries.
It feels surreal: drinking sweet coffee, eating strawberries with a thick coating of something i couldn't tell apart from sugar if i didnt know better....and constantly having to remind myself that it isn't killing my teeth but taking care of them.

There's also xylitol based toothpaste for what it's worth...stuff is legit.

Xylitol is a sugar (technically a sugar alcohol), though the industrial variety is not made from birch sap but through various chemical processes. It's nice stuff, it has this kind of fresh/cooling taste, if one can get the pure stuff somewhere. Over here it's hard to find a toothpaste that doesn't have it! It's a bit upside-down that we keep our teeth in good condition by mechanically rubbing sugar on them.
KVRian

656 posts since 24 Oct, 2005

Postby nasenmann; Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:42 am Re: The things I hate about... - Toothpaste

hehe, maybe the sugar lobbyists are doing a better job here keeping it at bay.
it's like 10 times the price of regular sugar right now...if they could shrink it to 2 or 3 times, the sugar industry might be in trouble. dentists even moreso.
It's also metabolized slower, alright for diabetics in moderation i believe.
only downside known is a weak laxative effect, often goes away when you get used to the stuff.
KVRAF

7948 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:48 am Re: The things I hate about... - Toothpaste

Yeah everything in Europe has xylitol in it. And the gum has Mannitol (?). I love the diarrhea warnings on the gum packages.
I want some Daygum from Italy!!!!!
Can't find it anywhere here.
Curly-Wurly's -got
Violet Crumble - got
Daygum- no got
KVRian

1153 posts since 9 Dec, 2011

Postby billcarroll; Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:44 am Re: The things I hate about... - Toothpaste

News Anchor Does "Vibrating Tooth Brush"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyRsXwaVk9I
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic