Dreaming in Turquoise

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... quoise-vsp

This one is all over the place.
It is an experiment in the juxtaposition of melodic and non-linear structure.
Initially, the structure is traditional but soon breaks down into sound design as song structure itself.

It stretches wide in perhaps opposing directions but does it work?
That's for you to decide. :)

I enjoyed this one very much PatchAdamz - it was very relaxing and it worked for me (to the point where I didn't really notice any change into sound design, instead just hearing an integrated and enjoyable song overall).

Cheers :)

Enjoyable and relaxing track Patch. Sounds great for a warm day here. Enjoying the transitions. Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

A relaxing number. I think it's missing something in the middle of the composition, but otherwise it sounds good and it's properly mixed (to my ears...). Is it a random track title you came up or does it has any kind of meaning?

I was expecting total chaos based on the description but it was very listenable. Lots of warm, organic sounds. Nice tune. :)

Nice soothing vibe to this piece, quite enjoyed it!

Yes, I think the form and the formless work comfortably together. :tu:
Image Image

Doug1978 wrote:I enjoyed this one very much PatchAdamz - it was very relaxing and it worked for me (to the point where I didn't really notice any change into sound design, instead just hearing an integrated and enjoyable song overall).

Cheers :)
Thanks Doug1978,

Its interesting getting feedback as it shows me how differently people perceive music.
It also gives me some idea how my own mind conceptualizes the concept of a song first, then how the act of making the music translates the initial concept.

In my own mind I visualize the changes being dramatically contrasting but the translation comes out much more even and less abstract.

Ambient music gets far more abstract while pop music more linear.

What I am attempting to do is be somewhere in between.
Its a challenge, just a sketch, now back to the drawing board. ")

Allomerus wrote:Enjoyable and relaxing track Patch. Sounds great for a warm day here. Enjoying the transitions. Well done! :)
A warm day in Australia, that sounds nice. :)

SampleScience wrote:A relaxing number. I think it's missing something in the middle of the composition, but otherwise it sounds good and it's properly mixed (to my ears...). Is it a random track title you came up or does it has any kind of meaning?
Thanks SampleScience,

The middle seems to work for some but not for others, I kinda expected this.
I think that this is an on going project that I need to develop musically.

But thats what feedback is all about. :)

The title was mulled over for some time.
It is a title as a result of no title.
But aren't they all...? 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”