VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver

a123321 wrote:A new video for Revalver 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ7QIpQ ... e=youtu.be

Tweak to every component on schematics :love:
I like at the end of the video when the 'schrooms kick in and everything gets all crazy. heh heh.

YEAH CRAZY BUTTHEAD CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY.

Calm down Bevis.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

If that is the case (schematics be tweaked), so we can build our own preamp - then this is a possible buying factor for me.

Then again, the "cloning technology" might be a huge competition to the (somewhat discontinued) Line6 Variax technology. Even if it's very simple currently (no chance to change pickup position, etc - at least it wasn't shown in the video), it could result in a revolution on the market. Especially if you read comments about Variax guitars acting up. In this case - you can use whatever guitar you feel like!

The whole engine also seems to respond way faster (as can be seen with the RIR2 module - and that alone sounds great and looks intuitive IMO! A competition to TwoNotes Torpedo WoS?).

I'll have to see if I still have that old MKII SE license lying around. If that is the case... 129USD to (currently) MkIII.V is affordable. Maybe the prices remain the same for Mk IV.

Now if I could play guitar as well as I can handle plugins and recording/mixing gear... :hihi:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Burillo wrote:can schematics themselves be tweaked? (i.e. redesigned)

They call that feature "amp store" ;)

:phones:

Seems to my old ears it sure sounded good. Looking forward to trying it out. Hope it's stable

(I know it's going to be expensive)

mk III.V is still 199USD. I expect 299USD max. Unless it's a "custom shop" system - then it's going to be really expensive on the long run!
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Wow..... Actually sounds, really, really good. I'm a bit surprised. I'm not hearing that signature fuzz that Revalver 3.5 has. It does seem to be missing a touch of the 3dness or depth of a real amp but the tone is definitely there. One thing I can't tell though is if the amps are going to sound that much different. When switching through different head models, there is a bit of a samey vibe and the real hardware both sounds and responds much differently than what the clips demonstrate.

Also the GUI looks a lot, lot more inspiring than the previous incarnations. I wish they would reveal more details on included amps. Obviously the Orange, Diezel and JCM 900 and all the Peavey amps are shown but it wouild be nice to see if they have added something new to the lineup.

Allegedly it was redesigned from the ground up.

hibidy wrote:Allegedly it was redesigned from the ground up.
Then that might explain the extra cost. I'm liking the way it sounds in the video. May have to start rejigging some funds here.... :phones:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I was looking for a game-changer. Some of the spread options (though I don't know what he was doing) sound like something that would be very useful for how I record. Stability is the key. It it's not stable, it doesn't matter what I sounds like :lol:

Compyfox wrote:mk III.V is still 199USD. I expect 299USD max. Unless it's a "custom shop" system - then it's going to be really expensive on the long run!
It is a custom shop system.

Compyfox wrote:If that is the case (schematics be tweaked), so we can build our own preamp - then this is a possible buying factor for me.

Then again, the "cloning technology" might be a huge competition to the (somewhat discontinued) Line6 Variax technology. Even if it's very simple currently (no chance to change pickup position, etc - at least it wasn't shown in the video), it could result in a revolution on the market. Especially if you read comments about Variax guitars acting up. In this case - you can use whatever guitar you feel like!

The whole engine also seems to respond way faster (as can be seen with the RIR2 module - and that alone sounds great and looks intuitive IMO! A competition to TwoNotes Torpedo WoS?).

I'll have to see if I still have that old MKII SE license lying around. If that is the case... 129USD to (currently) MkIII.V is affordable. Maybe the prices remain the same for Mk IV.

Now if I could play guitar as well as I can handle plugins and recording/mixing gear... :hihi:
If the cloning thing works as well in the video as it does in my studio, I may have to pick this up even though I've mostly abandoned software amp modelers and instead spend my time making sweet love to my big green lunchbox known as a Kemper.

Though, to be honest, I know the Kemper is software in a box and frankly if they made a software version that sounded as good (or anyone else introduced software that sounded as good) I'd ditch the lunchbox and go back to an ITB setup, which appeals to me in a workflow sense.

I've trashed Revalver before as I thought past versions sounded terrible despite their great feature set. I'm always willing to forgive though. :hug: Could be a winner.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I'll reserve final judgment for when I actually demo it, but in that video I didn't hear cleans that beat S-Gear 2 and gains that really beat X50 v2...

zerocrossing wrote:If the cloning thing works as well in the video as it does in my studio, I may have to pick this up even though I've mostly abandoned software amp modelers and instead spend my time making sweet love to my big green lunchbox known as a Kemper.

Though, to be honest, I know the Kemper is software in a box and frankly if they made a software version that sounded as good (or anyone else introduced software that sounded as good) I'd ditch the lunchbox and go back to an ITB setup, which appeals to me in a workflow sense.

I've trashed Revalver before as I thought past versions sounded terrible despite their great feature set. I'm always willing to forgive though. :hug: Could be a winner.
i don't think ACT is what you think it is (i.e. something akin to Kemper). it's not an amp modeling cloning, it's more like a match EQ.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Is the official MSRP even known yet?

Compyfox wrote:Is the official MSRP even known yet?

It is: "Users can begin with the free version of ReValver 4, and then simply purchase the additional content they desire"

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ ... ow-592229/

Return to “Effects”