I am new here :D Need help with Korg Volca Bass.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! I am new here. I want to buy Korg Volca Bass, and i have a question: i know, that Volca has only Midi-In, and i wonder how can i plug in it to my computer to record Volkas sounds in proggramm (i use cubase and want to connect my midi-keyboard to volka to play notes)?

p.s sorry for bad englisg :)

You need a midi interface. Many audio interfaces have Midi ... and an audio interface will allow you to send audio into the computer from the Volca.

If I want to connect my midi-keyboard to volka with midi cable, what Volkas output and what cable i need to use to connect it to audio interface? And am i rights, that i can put one end of midi-cable to Volkas midi-in and another end to audios interface midi out?

Logan-47 wrote:If I want to connect my midi-keyboard to volka with midi cable, what Volkas output and what cable i need to use to connect it to audio interface? And am i rights, that i can put one end of midi-cable to Volkas midi-in and another end to audios interface midi out?
Keyboard MIDI out -> Volca MIDI in

OR if you want to record the MIDI, edit it, and play it back and have an audio interface with MIDI

Keyboard MIDI out -> audio interface MIDI in
and
audio interface MIDI Out -> Volca MIDI in

To record the audio

VOLCA audio out -> audio interface audio in
OFFICIAL free competition : If you' see martiu post 'why you mad homie' or similar after this post, you are a prizewinner, and a free reverb plugin is yours. PM martiu immediately, and ask for your prize. He'll give it to you, baby!

Volca audio out is for headphones. So, i cn use it for recording sounds, right?

And can i put cable from Vocla audio out to my computers "microphone in" to record sound?

Logan-47 wrote:Volca audio out is for headphones. So, i cn use it for recording sounds, right?
I have a keys version. The headphone is the main (only) audio output so yes that's what you would use to record it into your DAW.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Logan-47 wrote:And can i put cable from Vocla audio out to my computers "microphone in" to record sound?
You would put it into your 'line in' - not the microphone in

So, can i, for example, use Volka with only "line in", connect keyboard with midi cable and record notes and sound without audio interface?

Logan-47 wrote:So, can i, for example, use Volka with only "line in", connect keyboard with midi cable and record notes and sound without audio interface?
Yes that's correct - you don't necessarily 'need' an audio interface. If you want to use the keyboard to play the volca you would connect a midi cable from the midi out of the keyboard to the midi in of the volca. You would then connect a mini jack 3.5mm audio cable from the headphone out of the volca to the line in on the computer. Of course, with this scenario you would not be synchronised with your DAW in any way. If you wanted to make loops of any sort you would have to manually match the tempo in your DAW with the tempo knob on the volca. To achieve a synchronised set-up you would need something like this:

http://www.dv247.com/computer-hardware/ ... ace--14758

The midi would be triggered by one track in your DAW (notes in a piano roll etc.) and you would then set-up a second track to record the audio output of the volca. Hope that makes sense :)

Thanx you very much for advice! :)

Logan-47 wrote:Thanx you very much for advice! :)
No problem, hope all goes well!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”