What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

How to make this EDM bassline??

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Awclark
KVRer

3 posts since 11 Mar, 2014

Postby Awclark; Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:33 pm How to make this EDM bassline??

I've been trying to make a bassline similar to the one in the following track but I've been having a lot of trouble doing so.

This particular bassline is pretty common in a lot of EDM, mainly trance, and I know side-chaining is involved to give it that really fat and warm "whom whom whom" sound, but whenever I seem to apply it myself, it turns out pretty weak and dull. So far I've tried 1 long bass note sidechined to the kick as well as 1/8 notes on every offbeat of the kick (also sidechined to reduce the attack of the note) but neither turns out right.

I'm using Logic Pro X so any help and/or tips to get this sound would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-rtM5o_JpY
Pericorp
KVRist

31 posts since 25 Mar, 2012

Postby Pericorp; Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:17 am Re: How to make this EDM bassline??

Dsharp note followed by Dsharp one octave lower

I had a go, if this satisfies you I can send you the preset in few hours :P
Code: Select all
http://speedy.sh/egufa/kvraudio-request.mp3
Awclark
KVRer

Postby Awclark; Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:34 am Re: How to make this EDM bassline??

Pericorp wrote:Dsharp note followed by Dsharp one octave lower

I had a go, if this satisfies you I can send you the preset in few hours :P

Just listened to your demo and that's exactly it! Thanks a ton!! Preset would be awesome too :D
Pericorp
KVRist

31 posts since 25 Mar, 2012

Postby Pericorp; Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:39 am Re: How to make this EDM bassline??

Haha the sound is actually Nexus' BA Trancebass 1 . I tried making it in sylenth but there's no point since the bass in your song is most likely from nexus(definately can be done in sylenth so have a go if you like but Im not into trance rolling basslines so can't help you). It sounds exactly the same just tweak the cut off knob a bit.
Awclark
KVRer

Postby Awclark; Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:08 am Re: How to make this EDM bassline??

Thanks a bunch! Just nailed it. I have Nexus so I was already playing around with different basses and tweaking the master cutoff and amp mod attack knobs. It was just my midi pattern that was slightly off because of a total brainfart on my end LOL

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Production Techniques