One-Synth-Challenge 60: Any One Synth - Submissions, Voting & Results

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Sorry about that, but some technical glitches are to be expected since this system is very new. The login and compatibility should be improved later on, but the more complex things is, the bigger chance of things not working generally, no doubt. Food for thought.
animehaus wrote:Maybe it's a dumb suggestion, but I thought about a hybrid system, mixing the previous and present ones: voting would still be by stacking, and everybody would vote on everybody, but the left column could be divided in 5 vertical areas, to correspond to the "1" to "5" ratings from the previous system. This way, people could separate the big group in smaller ones and, later on, stack the tracks inside the groups according to their preferences: this would automatically work as a tiebraker as well, in case of equal scores.
This is a very good idea and would help voting, but will everybody understand it? And can it be implemented?
crimsonwarlock wrote:I really think we are over thinking the voting issue; the previous system looked pretty solid to me (and simple). I don't see how someone could actually 'skew' the votes; that might have been the case with 15 or so participants, but with the current amounts someone could flip a first and second place by aggressive voting, but with those numbers it is impossible to get someone who is ranking top three (for example) down to say 'below top ten'.
Wow this is something I missed in the considerations. As you say, with the new system, tactical voting will be just as effective or more than the old one in some cases..

Hmm...
Last edited by V'ger on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sorry for any login issues. It's pretty strict right now - username is case insensitive, and no quick password reset.

As V'ger says, those 2 things will be there by next month though! :hug:

I have enjoyed listening to many excellent
tracks and have voted.

Voted :) Good luck to all :)

Voted :)

If anyone struggling with the stacking system, they can try the method I will be employing soon.
Essentially it is based on a binary search algorithm (basically divide and conquer).

Listen to first song and insert it in the list

1) Choose next song to vote for (if no more then your done), listen and then choose a song in the middle of the list .
2) compare both songs.
3) if the new it is better choose another song that is halfway between the compared song and the lowest song above it you checked it against (on the first check of a song it will halfway in the top half of the list ) then go to 2) or if no song just insert it above the compared song and goto 1).
4) if it is not as good choose another song that is halfway between the compared song and the highest song below it you have previously checked it against (on the first check it will halfway in the bottom half of the list ) then go to 2) or if no song just insert it below the compared song and goto 1).
5) if they are the same insert it above or below the compared song which you prefer.

This minimises the number of compares and in the worst case the last song will take no more than 6 compares

voted!

I do not vote.
Don't like to register just for voting. :)

Voted!

All my votes are in the left column, I finished voting, but not sure if I need to do anything more ?

abovethoughts wrote:All my votes are in the left column, I finished voting, but not sure if I need to do anything more ?
You're good

Am I the only one besides e@rs who couldn't create an account?

I filled in all four fields and was rewarded with 4 green checkmarks, but on submit it came back saying "Error creating Account - make sure Email, username are filled out, and passwords match!" But they are, honest. I tried in Chrome, Firefox and IE.

bbaggins wrote:Am I the only one besides e@rs who couldn't create an account?

I filled in all four fields and was rewarded with 4 green checkmarks, but on submit it came back saying "Error creating Account - make sure Email, username are filled out, and passwords match!" But they are, honest. I tried in Chrome, Firefox and IE.
Nope, it doesn't work. I'll fix it right now, sorry about that.

bbaggins wrote:Am I the only one besides e@rs who couldn't create an account?

You're good to go bbaggins, thanks for the heads up.

Thank you. I'm now onboard.

Return to “Instruments”