What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What are you watching?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

7907 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:22 am Re: What are you watching?

Carl Sagan was so wonderful. I watched this when I was a kid and it really fueled my imagination. It's a shame we don't have more people like him around nowadays.
I expect a Creationist Cosmos any day.
I'm sure Fox is working on it right now...
KVRAF

2608 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:39 am Re: What are you watching?

osiris wrote:Carl Sagan was so wonderful. I watched this when I was a kid and it really fueled my imagination. It's a shame we don't have more people like him around nowadays.
I expect a Creationist Cosmos any day.
I'm sure Fox is working on it right now...

But we do. Neil DeGrasse Tyson is a fit replacement for Sagan. He is personable and smart and occasionally very funny.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/colbert-chal ... -religion/

We have terrific popular science writers tackling really tough scientific topics - and and others really down to earth science matters.

I think there is more good popular science available today than there was during Sagan's time.

The flaky stuff just screams louder.
KVRAF

Postby osiris; Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:27 pm Re: What are you watching?

I like Tyson, but Sagan said this:
' Human history can be viewed as a slowly dawning awareness that we are members of a larger group. Initially our loyalties were to ourselves and our immediate family, next, to bands of wandering hunter-gatherers, then to tribes, small settlements, city-states, nations. We have broadened the circle of those we love. We have now organized what are modestly described as super-powers, which include groups of people from divergent ethnic and cultural backgrounds working in some sense together - surely a humanizing and character building experience. If we are to survive, our loyalties must be broadened further, to include the whole human community, the entire planet Earth. Many of those who run the nations will find this idea unpleasant. They will fear the loss of power. We will hear much about treason and disloyalty. Rich nation-states will have to share their wealth with poor ones. But the choice, as H. G. Wells once said in a different context, is clearly the universe or nothing.'

I bet Fox would have none of that....
KVRAF

10986 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:11 pm Re: What are you watching?

Rammstein - Les Arenes des Nimes (Live) / aka "Völkerball" (2005)
...while writing mails, going mad on the internet and relaxing for the rest of the evening.

Wish there was a newer live concert recording other than the bootlegs and 10min SAT TV streams from Wacken.
KVRAF

2608 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:01 pm Re: What are you watching?

"How To Make Money Selling Drugs" - Amusing docu about the U.S. drug trade. Lots of dealers interviewed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxRVhgbVN9o
something special

7876 posts since 15 Mar, 2002, from gone riding

Postby bluedad; Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:25 pm Re: What are you watching?

havran wrote:Just watched Nebraska -- that was worthwhile.

That was enjoyable.
I want to thank IK for the trip to Hawaii and for letting me play with ST3 since January.
KVRAF

16138 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:30 pm Re: What are you watching?

Just watched Hitchcock's The Birds ... really enjoyed it, bad special effects and all. It has great atmosphere.
addled muppet weed

34212 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:51 am Re: What are you watching?

thecontrolcentre wrote:Just watched Hitchcock's The Birds ... really enjoyed it, bad special effects and all. It has great atmosphere.

amazing sound work too.

just watched the harrowing:episode 6 of inside no9.
KVRAF

Postby osiris; Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:13 am Re: What are you watching?

It's very interesting how bad special effects look great in 3D. The Birds does. Another was Fantastic Voyage which in 2D has that 'ghosty' matte aura around everything. Totally disappears in 3D.
I finished up Almost Human last night. It was VERY uneven. Some bored me to tears. Some reminded me of Blade Runner. We'll see where this goes. I don't see it lasting more than one more year. I'm betting good money they go to space...........
D.H. MOD

8023 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:12 pm Re: What are you watching?

KVRAF

2764 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:20 pm Re: What are you watching?

starwars - the clone wars 1-5 on bluray. :)
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
KVRAF

1750 posts since 20 May, 2010, from between a star and the sea

Postby havran; Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:27 pm Re: What are you watching?

bluedad wrote:
havran wrote:Just watched Nebraska -- that was worthwhile.

That was enjoyable.

Yep. ;-)
D.H. MOD

Postby D.H. Miltz; Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:11 am Re: What are you watching?

KVRAF

3696 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:14 am Re: What are you watching?

osiris wrote:
I finished up Almost Human last night. It was VERY uneven. Some bored me to tears. Some reminded me of Blade Runner. We'll see where this goes. I don't see it lasting more than one more year. I'm betting good money they go to space...........

Yeah, I'm starting to see that too. Sad really.

On the otherhand.... Just got done watching a great episode of The Tomorrow People. Yes not as deep and thought provoking. But it's a nice respit from the standard fanfare
D.H. MOD

Postby D.H. Miltz; Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:34 pm Re: What are you watching?

PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic