Delay with LFO Filter modulation?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Try Mulab MUX and use it to build your own.
You will not run out of modulatation possibilities for a while.

Can't listen to the audio demo, as DropBox doesn't like me over here.

But have you tried TAL Dub II?
It's still available, it's x64 (works in Cubase), it's easy to use and really brutal if you overdo it.

I mainly only modulated the delay, but you can modulate the filter (LowPass cutoff, the delay and the width with the LFO in bottom left of the GUI. Though one LFO for all three.

MUX might be an option as modular environment. With one problem... in order to create a filtered delay line, you need to connect the delay output with a filter (the filter needs an additional module that "sweeps" the frequencies as well), and then connect the filter output again with the input of the delay. MUX doesn't allow that IIRC. But it's a FR for a future version.

Else, yes... MFM by U-HE is great, but it's a monster and you can funk up a lot if you don't know what you're doing. I still remember Urs at Musikmesse in (was it?) 2008. He ran a random signal from Zebra into it and then messed around with MFM for like 10 minutes without doing anything else.

Still isn't my cup of tea either. But it might definitely be "paradise" for a sound designer. So it's cool that it's existing.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

d16 - Sigmund?

To give you some concrete examples in audio form; heres two possible alternatives that will give you the effect youre after, though each with a different character.

One will cost you a lot of money, the other is practically free.

Which one would you like to hear more about?

Thanks for your hints.. I tested most of your recommended delays if they had a demo available. To finish my track I used Ohmboyz with jBridge (not the best solution but it's working).
After so many tests... I liked the most the RP-Delay! Unfortunately it has not a ping pong mode (yet) but Ron said this will come with a next update..

Anyway, you will hear the modulated filter delay in some parts of this track which is now finished ;)

https://soundcloud.com/52degree/frank-a ... of-destiny

Compyfox wrote: MUX might be an option as modular environment. With one problem... in order to create a filtered delay line, you need to connect the delay output with a filter (the filter needs an additional module that "sweeps" the frequencies as well), and then connect the filter output again with the input of the delay. MUX doesn't allow that IIRC. But it's a FR for a future version.
Since MUX 5.4 this is possible!!
There is a modular feedback delay module. You can even put a VST in the feedback loop!

Well, since the OP is obviously not interested in the alternatives i could have named, (very classy, i only wish i had known that before wasting 40 minutes of my life making audio demos for them), here is what they were for those who would like to know:

A.wav: PSP 85 -> PanCake | $149.00

B.wav: WarmVerb BEAT-Edition* | €5.90 Hard / €4.49 Soft

* Filter -> Echo -> Pan -> Verb

Personally i like the character of both, so as far as the filter sweeping is concerned i could be happy with either. But as a delay/echo processor in general, PSP 85 is of course far superior since it allows you to create incredible filter/echo effects (especially timesynced effects) that are not possible with WarmVerb due to its rather basic controls and featureset.

So while the quasi-free option can work in many circumstances, its not like PSP 85 isnt worth the extra costs. On the contrary, you really do get what you pay for in this case, which is a professional delay/echo processor with a set of excellent filters and enough features and modulation options to justify the expense.

AndreasD wrote:Since MUX 5.4 this is possible!!
There is a modular feedback delay module. You can even put a VST in the feedback loop!
Looks like I need to redownload the most recent version to take another look at it. Because this is one of the FRs I wrote to the dev.

ENV1:
I wouldn't say that it was a waste of time.
There are just so many possibilities these days to pull such an effect off. From simple, to complex. From free to uber expensive.

And the OP seems to be done with his track as well.

Though I don't remember him asking for a ping pong delay with filter modulation. I understood that he only was after a delay with LFO for filter modulation. then again, even here, plenty of possibilities (again TAL DUB-2 being one of them, and it can't get any cheaper than that).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

ENV1 wrote:Well, since the OP is obviously not interested in the alternatives i could have named, (very classy, i only wish i had known that before wasting 40 minutes of my life making audio demos for them), here is what they were for those who would like to know:

A.wav: PSP 85 -> PanCake | $149.00

B.wav: WarmVerb BEAT-Edition* | €5.90 Hard / €4.49 Soft

* Filter -> Echo -> Pan -> Verb

Personally i like the character of both, so as far as the filter sweeping is concerned i could be happy with either. But as a delay/echo processor in general, PSP 85 is of course far superior since it allows you to create incredible filter/echo effects (especially timesynced effects) that are not possible with WarmVerb due to its rather basic controls and featureset.

So while the quasi-free option can work in many circumstances, its not like PSP 85 isnt worth the extra costs. On the contrary, you really do get what you pay for in this case, which is a professional delay/echo processor with a set of excellent filters and enough features and modulation options to justify the expense.
I recommended TONE2 Filterbank 3 a little bit earlier (from the recent BEAT magazine) and that comes with what Warmverb (which I really like too) lacks: lots of rhythmic modulation options and a shitload of filters (50+).

Funny thing is that I was really disappointed at first that all the TONE2 stuff is coming with mostly synced timings. But after I get my head around that kind of limitation I was totally stuned how easy and fast you can get rhythmic results and crossmodulation is a real joy plus they come with so many logical modulation routings (like filter 1 + and filter 2 - modulation on a stereo setup where 1=R and 2=L). This and the very powerful feedback path possibilities are a sound designers dream.

Regards
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Compyfox wrote:ENV1:
I wouldn't say that it was a waste of time.
There are just so many possibilities these days to pull such an effect off. From simple, to complex. From free to uber expensive.
This is certainly true. Whilst having choices is certainly not a bad thing in and of itself, i think we are headed towards a point where making the 'right' choice is becoming more and more difficult due to the sheer number of available offerings alone. Because the more offerings you have, the more you will find yourself in the situation that one has this feature you like, the other has that feature you like, a third has yet some other feature you like, etcetera, etcetera. And here you are, trying to figure out which one is ultimately the best choice, which again is of course highly scenario-dependent. And that of course doesnt make things easier, especially when you do have to keep the costs in mind as well. So yes, in the end the whole thing is definitely your proverbial double-edged sword.

Halma wrote:I recommended TONE2 Filterbank 3 a little bit earlier (from the recent BEAT magazine) and that comes with what Warmverb (which I really like too) lacks: lots of rhythmic modulation options and a shitload of filters (50+).
Yeah, im looking forward to giving it a shot myself. I will gladly admit that im absolutely no fan of the sound of their synthesizers, but WarmVerb kept being a pleasant surprise, which is why i ultimately integrated it into my arsenal. If Filterbank 3 is only half as good as WarmVerb, it should be another good addition to the same.
Halma wrote:Funny thing is that I was really disappointed at first that all the TONE2 stuff is coming with mostly synced timings. But after I get my head around that kind of limitation I was totally stuned how easy and fast you can get rhythmic results.
Well, with me its exactly the other way around. Im always disappointed when i can NOT sync up stuff because to me being able to do stuff in-sync/rhythmically is one of the most important things of all. To give you my favorite example of such a disappointment: The signal processor under the right cover of the ARP 2600. To me this is one of the most inspiring modules in a softsynth ever because it allows you to get the most incredible rhythmic back-and-forth modulated effects going. The problem is only that all you can ultimately use it for is chaotic/random stuff, because while MIDI sync of the timing itself is possible there is no option to retrigger the processor on-demand (like on note-on) and therefore no way to ever get the effect in-sync with the rest unless you are willing to keep restarting and restarting and restarting until you hit the right spot by accident. And that kind of really hurts, because like i said, the module itself is pure genious. IMO a prime example of wasted potential. :(

ENV1 wrote:Because the more offerings you have, the more you will find yourself in the situation that one has this feature you like, the other has that feature you like, a third has yet some other feature you like, etcetera, etcetera.
This is the very reason, why I analyze tools, why I read flow charts, why I want to know how something is working like it does.

There really is no need for tool no #2001, which does the same as tool no #130 (which apparently is part of a plugin suite) - only not as flashy in terms of a GUI, and maybe not with as much "mojo". But that doesn't mean that I can't build the device I desire for exactly that purpose!

In this particular example, I cut down a lot of plugins in my posession, focused on the essentials. With a modular environment and just basic modules, I can theoretically easily build any type of FX I want these days.

The "look" lies on a whole different ballpark however.

ohmforce website is back
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote:ohmforce website is back
Yeah ;) I see they having a 64Bit version upgrade for €20... Hmm...

Compyfox wrote:There really is no need for tool no #2001, which does the same as tool no #130 (which apparently is part of a plugin suite) - only not as flashy in terms of a GUI, and maybe not with as much "mojo".
I know exactly what you mean.

Having too much of the same with mere cosmetic differences is another part of the problem.

Return to “Effects”