What do you think of my work in progress?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I feel the track itself is pretty much done, can't come up with anything more right now.
I'm going to have a vocalist on this one, so if it sounds a little empty somewhere I would guess it's because a voice will fill it in.

This is not mixed nor mastered. Just some quick (and unbalanced) limiting.
I only want feedback on the track itself, the arrangement, my selection of sounds etc etc, the soundquality is bad and everything is a little unbalanced at this stage and it will get better. :)

So far I've heard from a friend that the lead is slightly repetitive from the first breakdown to the interlude afterwards, but I don't think that will be a problem when the singing has been fixed since it will steal attention from that lead in the breakdown a little.

https://soundcloud.com/steve-hilo/steve ... strumental

No presets or premade loops were used in this track.

Thanks.

decent song, I think what you've said fits my critique, there is a lacking but as you said you're going to fill that in with vocals. I must say though, the part where the song slows down around 3:20 is probably my favourite part. Might be the 8-bity chiptuney synth but it just has a simple elegance to it. I might add though, touting that you didn't use any presets and/or loops is fine and all, but I can't really say that your synths sound much different from many presets I've heard. This whole notion that "presets" is bad, is kinda silly. If it fits the song, and makes it sound good, there's no problem with that. Contrary to popular opinion; Good Music isn't always difficult to make. Sometimes the most simplistic beats/melodies are the best, that being said keep on doing what you're doing, but remember it's about the music, not what people are going to think of your "production" techniques.

I really like it.

Thank you for your inputs!
Anyone else?

Return to “Music Cafe”