The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Its almost a blind date.. but i think i found my new love!

kennyda wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:Wow that's really encouraging. And just so we're clear, what did you have in the tracks?
Just audio (a drum loop) in the timeline. I had it playing for a minute or so. I had the volume turned right down in all the tracks.
Ah. how about throwing a vst comp, eq, verb or whatever on each track and see how they handle that?

Ogopogo wrote:
kennyda wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:Wow that's really encouraging. And just so we're clear, what did you have in the tracks?
Just audio (a drum loop) in the timeline. I had it playing for a minute or so. I had the volume turned right down in all the tracks.
Ah. how about throwing a vst comp, eq, verb or whatever on each track and see how they handle that?
Yeah that's the best test. Throw a reverb or some effect on a track. Have an audio clip playing so the effect is processing. Dupcliate that track as many times until drop-outs in each application.

Yeah preferably with the same plugins in both DAWs.

virtualmark wrote:Yeah preferably with the same plugins in both DAWs.
Well yeah. Useless test if it's not the same plug-in.

Last edited by llze on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

can't see that in the screenshots but it is possible to display the peak values in the mixer?

spinlud wrote:can't see that in the screenshots but it is possible to display the peak values in the mixer?
Yes you can
Studio One, OS X 10.0, M-Audio Oxygen 25 keyboard.
Old websites:
http://www.bitwigtutorials.net Free Bitwig Studio tutorials
http://www.macableton.com Free Ableton Live and Mac tutorials.

300 + page epic thread!

and now 12 days until Bitwig is officially available!!

pdxindy wrote:300 + page epic thread!

and now 12 days until Bitwig is officially available!!
I wonder if it will die off or stay strong as people discuss the program as they get their hands on it.

kennyda wrote:
Regnas wrote:
kennyda wrote:
Regnas wrote:... And how is Bitwig on CPU, friendly or foe?
Seems ok, but have you got a specific test?
Nothing specific in mind.
But I would like to know if I can run Bitwig on a low-end PC.
Yes, it runs on an iMac. Boom boom!

I'll think of a comparison test and see what I can come up with. Seems ok to me though. Seriously, my iMac is only core 2 Duo, not much to shout about these days. An i7 is twice as efficient.
Good to hear that... :tu:

Anyone know if Bitwig's midi out device is able to control internal vst plugins?

spinlud wrote:
lesha wrote:
kennyda wrote:I just did a test running 40 audio tracks in Live and Bitwig Studio. In Live my computer was running at about 60-75% CPU, and in Bitwig it was about 25-50%, repeated test, same sort of result. These sort of tests do vary a lot but I did repeat it once and checked nothing else was running except routine background stuff so I think it's reasonably useful.
How about VSTs?
I can't believe that he is getting 60-75% of cpu in ableton with only 40 tracks without any vst...
Without knowing what warping method is being used, it doesn't mean much. If the high quality time stretch is on, which it might be by default, then that can eat up cpu.

Could someone explain to me what the issue with warping being "always on" in Live is? We had some nice info about Live's latency compensation problem but the other thing that I always hear about Live is some of the sound quality complains are due to warping being on as a default and people not realizing it. Does that mean that if you record some audio it is still being messed with even if you don't stretch it? If so, why would they design it that way?

Ogopogo wrote:Could someone explain to me what the issue with warping being "always on" in Live is? We had some nice info about Live's latency compensation problem but the other thing that I always hear about Live is some of the sound quality complains are due to warping being on as a default and people not realizing it. Does that mean that if you record some audio it is still being messed with even if you don't stretch it? If so, why would they design it that way?
Warping is no issue at all for me, a Live user.It's actually a great feature. The manual is a great place to find out how stuff works, if you're interested.

Oh, and why would Ableton design something to be as stupid as you described? (hint: they didn't).

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”