What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Soundware Forum Now Live

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

PatchAdamz
KVRAF

1759 posts since 12 Nov, 2012

Postby PatchAdamz; Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:35 am Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

I have to admit, KVR seems cleaner and simplified.

A nice improvement to an already great forum! :)
vurt
addled muppet weed

33652 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:36 am Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

Sampleconstruct wrote:What I don't get is the fact, that sample libraries are not considered as soundware and release-pitches for those remain in the Sample-forum. Where is the logic in that?

logic is in hosts.
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

2514 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:08 am Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

Sampleconstruct wrote:What I don't get is the fact, that sample libraries are not considered as soundware and release-pitches for those remain in the Sample-forum. Where is the logic in that?

Maybe because it's the Samples, Sampling and Sample Libraries forum and not the Samples, Sampling and Sample Libraries Oh No Not Really I Was Pulling Your Leg They're In Soundware forum?
No longer blank as Frank
Soundcloud
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

6623 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:28 am Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

Gamma-UT wrote:

Maybe because it's the Samples, Sampling and Sample Libraries forum and not the Samples, Sampling and Sample Libraries Oh No Not Really I Was Pulling Your Leg They're In Soundware forum?

I think the poor mods just need time to move all the gazillion release threads to the new forum which is about to implode.
glokraw
KVRAF

5120 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Postby glokraw; Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:51 pm Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

Will Gearslutz die from laughing, or from fearing the juggernaut :?
Ingonator
KVRAF

8061 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:36 pm Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

Teksonik wrote:This is a step in the right direction. Now the Marketplace won't be so cluttered and member to member sales won't have so much competition. Makes the 48 hour bump rule much more palatable.... :clap:

Here's a question. Say someone wants to release some free patches. Soundware forum or Instruments forum ?

One thing i don't get:
It was mentioned that the Soundware forum was for announcement and discussions of soundsets.
Dedicated threads about current sales should be still in market place or am i wrong?

Personally i had asked to move the thread abbout my "Atmospheric Transients" soundset to the new sub-forum. That thread was mostly based on announcing and discussiong the soundsets. Anyway i also mentioned there that for the Musikmesse the is a discount for it. This does not mena that the whole thread is only about sales...
'
FWIW i had posted the current Waldorf discounts at the Bargains thread at the Marketplace which should be the proper place.

If we mix up announcements, discussions and also all dedicated sales threads at the Soundware sub-forum it will become a mess too...
The fact that also Kontakt libraries are in the Soundware forum (instead of the Samples forum) makes it even worse.

Ingo
Waldorf Beta Forum Manager
"Atmospheric Transients" for PPG Wave 3.V
"Analog vs Digital" for Blofeld
Win 7 64-bit / Live 9 / Studio One / Reaper / Pro Tools // Blofeld / Pulse 2 /Waldorf + other plugins
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:03 am Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

The Samples forum is for discussing sample libs, not for pitching them, at least that's how I understood it. But as many announcement threads are still in the Samples forum although they have been reported, makes it hard to understand the logic behind it.
liv
KVRist

418 posts since 26 Feb, 2013, from Sweden

Postby liv; Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:54 pm Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

Someone please clarify whats the deal...

1. Unless adding adequate info theres a 48 hour rule in market place. Crystal clear.

2. Now whats the deal in the sound ware forum. Any rules? At least I can't find any info about it and today I added a short notice in my thread after around 24 hours (seemed reasonable) and figured it was ok. Someone clearly thinks different.
viewtopic.php?f=257&t=404744
Enchantment Of Absynth - 390 organic, omniscient, suggestive and aesthetic universes of mysticism.
Kriminal
KVRAF

18498 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:23 pm Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

Is it ok to spam / crosspost in company forums and soundware forum?
Dont Upset The Drama Queens
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:38 pm Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

Kriminal wrote:Is it ok to spam / crosspost in company forums and soundware forum?

It's been ok for the last 6 years or so. You need more rules?
Kriminal
KVRAF

18498 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:42 pm Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Is it ok to spam / crosspost in company forums and soundware forum?

It's been ok for the last 6 years or so. You need more rules?

Didnt have the new soundware forum then, just asking for clarification, from Ben.
Dont Upset The Drama Queens
aMUSEd
KVRAF

19899 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:05 am Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

liv wrote:Someone please clarify whats the deal...

1. Unless adding adequate info theres a 48 hour rule in market place. Crystal clear.

2. Now whats the deal in the sound ware forum. Any rules? At least I can't find any info about it and today I added a short notice in my thread after around 24 hours (seemed reasonable) and figured it was ok. Someone clearly thinks different.
viewtopic.php?f=257&t=404744

I think it's fine - the rule is for the market place which was always primarily about second hand sales.
vurt
addled muppet weed

33652 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:10 am Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

well the instrument devs with company forums arent supposed to do it in the instruments forum, so i guess its only fair for the same rule to apply :shrug:
bailees7irish
KVRAF

2567 posts since 30 Mar, 2007, from virginia, US

Postby bailees7irish; Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:38 pm Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

Why is everyone getting all worked up over this new forum? :dog:
It will all be sorted in time, children...please relax yourselves, go sit down, have some tea or a beer, maybe watch some tv or go out for a nice stroll. All will be okay.
FL Studio 11 / Music Creator 6 Touch / Fabfilter One / Aalto / Alchemy / Cumulus / Scanned Synth Pro / Consequence / EVE / Harmless / Ohmboyz / Mobilohm / Hematohm / Predatohm / Eos
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

10601 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:29 pm Re: Soundware Forum Now Live

thanks ben.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments