Jazz w/ sparse instrumentation

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a habit of mine to add new instruments whenever i run out of ideas. So this is an exercise in sticking with a combo of 3...bass drums piano. later on a clav joins in.

https://soundcloud.com/skoshu/1303-1

the composition is kind of all over the place to rebalance things in favor of chaos :)
but to my ears it works.

I liked it. Very nice sound, All instruments sounded convincing (I'm assuming they are sampled). It really grooves in places. I liked that dark piano intro. It was a good scene-setter. Nice mix too.

Good work :)

Happy to hear you liked it seismic.

I wanna give you props for being a bit of a good fairy of Music Cafe. You seem to listen to a lot and always leave a little comment, esp. in the threads not overflowing with replies already. I commend thee, and try to follow your example (can't listen to as much but i can leave a small comment most of the time on whatever comes to mind)

Avant-garde or ADD? You be the judge. :ud:

There are excellent ideas here but I would enjoy your stuff more if it didn't sound like a mashup of four different things.

Frantz wrote:Avant-garde or ADD? You be the judge. :ud:
If i may offer some perspective...a bit of both, thrown in a blender.
My own little way of being slighty avant-garde, i suppose, involves making unlikely connections between different sounds and styles. The somewhat flaky attention span and tendency to get bored quickly is there, and i try to channel it into something productive and interesting sounding (to me anyway)
That's how i mostly function when the creative juices are fully flowing. I've done more homogeneous stuff but it doesn't get me as excited about making music.

I'd rather pursue that avenue and see where it takes me. Maybe i can create stuff someday that's in the same mashup-y heavily contrasted vein but so well integrated that everyone feels it. Maybe not. Worth a try.
With this one, the transitions took a while to grow on me as well.

Return to “Music Cafe”