Why loudness war is good

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

murnau wrote:i have beyerdynamic for years and know them well but also i know it's technically impossible to go down to 5hz like you think with any headphones and also ofcourse not needed btw. not to mention other problems if you mix with headphones alone.

one thing: if you like the low range response on the beyer i can tell you that they are not linear but linear is utterly requiered to mix properly.. ..but who i am to tell you? you are the only man on earthground who can listen up to 51khz (just like my dog rocky) so i better stop here. have a nice weekend! :)
DT250 are same linear as my floor. Ask anyone, they're one of the most linear headphones. Btw have you seen frequency receive of you ears? :hihi:

X-Soul wrote: DT250 are same linear as my floor. Ask anyone, they're one of the most linear headphones. Btw have you seen frequency receive of you ears? :hihi:

i promised yoooouuu batmaaannn!!!!!! now ruuuuuun!!!!!!! get ooouttaaaa here!!!!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

X-Soul wrote:
murnau wrote:i have beyerdynamic for years and know them well but also i know it's technically impossible to go down to 5hz like you think with any headphones and also ofcourse not needed btw. not to mention other problems if you mix with headphones alone.

one thing: if you like the low range response on the beyer i can tell you that they are not linear but linear is utterly requiered to mix properly.. ..but who i am to tell you? you are the only man on earthground who can listen up to 51khz (just like my dog rocky) so i better stop here. have a nice weekend! :)
DT250 are same linear as my floor.
:scared:

X-Soul wrote:it's a pure nature of humans themselves, you can't argue with this. Thats why loudness war is going on basically...
OK, it's safe to say that you don't really know what the loudness wars are.
and before you ask, just so you know: the loudness wars is a phenomenon caused by people always wanting more loudness over the competition thus sacrificing more and more fidelity... it's caused by greed mainly?! anyway, dynamics is only an important part of it AFAIK.
X-Soul wrote: Mine are close to best, if not. Its a glorious DT250 after all.
Poorer spectrum responce? Wat? Theyre way better and can deliver up to 51 khz and down to 5 hz response. You're pretty much delusional. Show me loudspeakers that can handle this with same resolution. :hihi:
Dude.... you clearly have no idea what I'm talking about. Plus as a reminder: the graph you're showing is far from the truth, have you heard of octave smoothing? ... anyway, with your attitude, it's not worth sharing info with you, sorry... I must be delusional to do that indeed :roll:

Has this been turned into a Let's you and him duke it out thread yet? :help: :hihi: :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

almost :lol:

I guess every other opinion is s#it to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSYhLn4RCI

:hihi:

I figure the OP is just here to troll people and guess what? It's working pretty well if your actually taking the bait.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:I figure the OP is just here to troll people and guess what? It's working pretty well if your actually taking the bait.
Well, it was quite obvious right from the start that the claim "loudness war is good" was meant to be sarcastic as he complained about a too loud pop mix in an other thread... :wink:

I actually like your track, its very good! Molodec!!! VelikoLepnaya Rabota!

Soiuz nerushimyj respublik svobodnykh.......
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Tricky-Loops wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:I figure the OP is just here to troll people and guess what? It's working pretty well if your actually taking the bait.
Well, it was quite obvious right from the start that the claim "loudness war is good" was meant to be sarcastic as he complained about a too loud pop mix in an other thread... :wink:
I've been being sarcastic this whole time too :hihi:
:borg:

See this is why I didn't want to step in because I was 99% certain it was trolling but, he kept up the act long enough for me to fall for it. :oops:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes to share that south park clip, hahaha.

Obviously, the OP post is a troll post, but...
Sendy wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:I'll end this argument with this.

http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/permali ... esloudness
Strange to think iTunes may actually do something genuinely positive for music. And if it does, hats off to it!
iTunes is doing this for quite a while now. It is called "Loudness Normalisation".

If you're interested about this topic, I recommend to read the papers by the "Music Loudness Alliance", and then maybe my own white papers about the K-System v2 (which can be found on my technical blog, or linked to from the ToneBooster's EBU Loudness page). Though I still have to overhaul that (the measurement should focus on Short Term Loudness, not Momentary).

That will be the defacto futute.

The audio stream will have a consistent loudness (it's currently still rumored to be -16,5LUFS). And your volume knob will react as some sort of "drive" knob, while there will be a limiter at -1dBTP that clips of the transients if you raise the volume/loudness of the -16LUFS stream to (say) -10LUFS.

The files are not changed. According to the white papers of the Music Loundess Alliance, this is supposed to work in real time from software side (i.e. iTunes player, Android Playback software, etc).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Obviously,
Well, maybe taking you out of context here.

I don't imagine you are a proponent for wanting things to be loud.

I see you more as someone that wants a bit of balance.

I think a lot of people have lost it. Nearly everyone is full on square wave justification. Let me give you an example.

Oh I can't find it now. The guy posted his tutorial on the Presonus forum saying how much he disliked the loudness wars. His f**king tune was a f**king square wave for f**k's sake!

And how they said: Oh, we are really glad you got to avoid the loudness wars. And he said, yeah, I know, f**king assholes like that, who needs them, all the time his f**king track being a f**king total f**king square wave.

Do I need to carry on and give this guys number because he has a record deal and is releasing records, like?

Edit:
I was gonna delete it for me being an asshole, but, whatever.

don't take it too seriously guys, just letting off steam eh.

Peace and all that.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”