The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Is it honestly too much to ask for to at LEAST get us the pdf manual at this point? I have quite a bit of free time this coming week vs. little time when it comes out and it would be great to at least have the opportunity to edumacate myself on some of the more nuanced features of this thing as I'd rather not spend too much time fumbling around in the beginning.

nechronics wrote:Is it honestly too much to ask for to at LEAST get us the pdf manual at this point? I have quite a bit of free time this coming week vs. little time when it comes out and it would be great to at least have the opportunity to edumacate myself on some of the more nuanced features of this thing as I'd rather not spend too much time fumbling around in the beginning.

lol, did you ask them then?

The manual is not quite finished yet, so it doesn't make sense to let people read it ... OMG you haven't got XYZ feature etc. etc.
... space is the place ...

Of course it's not, that's why you post it in revisions :tu:

- Click Here to Download Bitwig Beta **** Manual.pdf
- Click Here to Download Bitwig Final 1.0 Manual.pdf

Boom ;)

Though I guess I can see one's argument that it might prematurely turn off or turn on potential customers...it's just a manual...and will result in less time wasted for everyone.
Last edited by nechronics on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Suloo wrote:
nechronics wrote:Is it honestly too much to ask for to at LEAST get us the pdf manual at this point? I have quite a bit of free time this coming week vs. little time when it comes out and it would be great to at least have the opportunity to edumacate myself on some of the more nuanced features of this thing as I'd rather not spend too much time fumbling around in the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxRX6LXDpWs

nechronics wrote:Of course it's not, that's why you post it in revisions :tu:

- Click Here to Download Bitwig Beta **** Manual.pdf
- Click Here to Download Bitwig Final 1.0 Manual.pdf

Boom ;)
Don't know what you mean.

Beta testers have a manual, it's almost but not quite complete. Did someone post a link?

No, no...my point is, irregardless of whether the manual is finished yet...I don't see a strong enough argument for excluding the community from at least being able to peruse the manual and keep up with how things work while making very clear the manual is for beta version **** and is not a final document...especially this late in the game when things are nearly finalized.
Last edited by nechronics on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi,

Any clue if Bitwig will have their own official Bitwig Studio forum ?

nechronics wrote:No, no...my point is, irregardless of whether the manual is finished yet...I don't see the point of excluding the community from at least being able to peruse the manual and keep up with how things work while making very clear the manual is for beta version **** and is not a final document...especially this late in the game when things are nearly finalized.
How many software developers post the manual before a product is released? The answer is close to zero for a reason ...

Anyway, assuming they meet the March 26th release date, not very long to go now.

hibidy wrote:Since at the 5 or so places I visit EVERYONE is talking about bitwig, it is VERY HARD to get what is/won't/will be there. I can go to place "a" and I'll be told that there will be group tracks and grooves. can come here and be told "nope" so I don't even know anymore.

What I do know is I do my own drum work and wouldn't want to be limited to one stereo output. Groups/folders is another thing I use quite a bit to organize. Maybe people can live w/o these, I cannot.

So here's to version 4, where everyone can have everything! :party:
There are no groups tracks in v1. They were in an early build but they were taken out. The beta testers have said so. I remember Thomas in particular saying so.

Not sure about groove.

Where else are you going hibidy? I think we have a pretty good standard for truth here, I haven't seen a bunch rumors flying around that people will repeat with verifying. Plus we have a bunch of testers and even a few visits from the devs. Better get your info here.
Last edited by Ogopogo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

hibidy wrote:
Suloo wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxRX6LXDpWs
OMG :hihi:

nechronics wrote:...it's just a manual...and will result in less time wasted for everyone.
its about music, not about saving time..

Ogopogo wrote:
hibidy wrote:Since at the 5 or so places I visit EVERYONE is talking about bitwig, it is VERY HARD to get what is/won't/will be there. I can go to place "a" and I'll be told that there will be group tracks and grooves. can come here and be told "nope" so I don't even know anymore.

What I do know is I do my own drum work and wouldn't want to be limited to one stereo output. Groups/folders is another thing I use quite a bit to organize. Maybe people can live w/o these, I cannot.

So here's to version 4, where everyone can have everything! :party:
There are no groups tracks in v1. They were in an early build but they were taken out. The beta testers have said so. I remember Thomas in particular saying so.

Not sure about groove.

Where else are you going hibidy? I think we have a pretty good standard for truth here, I haven't seen a bunch rumors flying around that people will repeat with verifying. Plus we have a bunch of testers and even a few visits from the devs. Better get your info here.
Thanks. I'll remember that. I'm old, frail, and easily confused. Maybe I'll take this post to where I saw that.

Suloo wrote: its about music, not about saving time..
But in the last 2+ years you CAN'T make music unless you are a beta tester! :hihi:

hibidy wrote:Thanks. I'll remember that. I'm old, frail, and easily confused. Maybe I'll take this post to where I saw that.
Hmm, good thing you got to that after I edited because I actually almost passed of an unsubstantiated rumor there.

I said I was about 90% sure that there was shuffle but no groove tools, but then I went looking for the source for that and couldn't find it. I've never heard any of the beta testers say it was in there or seen anything that would indicate it was in there on buttons on the gui, anything in the menus, or even anything in the quantize options screen cap that Thomas posted for us.

I did however find kennyda saying this:
kennyda wrote:
digaldeman wrote:I notice that there isn't much info about Bitwig's MIDI editor tools like groove quantize, chopper, and a strum tool. Can a beta tester confirm that these features are present or not?
Yes there is groove quantize. What is a chopper in a MIDI editor? No idea what a strum tool is.
So that confuses me a bit. Kenny, could we get confirmation for whether you are talking about just shuffle here, or custom groove template that you can load and save, for example to capture the timing character of a model of MPC or an audio loop, like you can with Live's groove pool?
Last edited by Ogopogo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE???????????? SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE???????????

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”