The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

So anyways, cue up "land of confusion" and bring it ON!

In 10 days (allegedly) there will be the "real" deal and then we can say what is/isn't there ;)

Yep. Sorry. :scared:

But really, where else do you go? I'd like to check those places out and see if they know anything that we don't or if they are more like rumor mills. the only other place that I know of the reddit and that gets a posts like once a month.
Last edited by Ogopogo on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bitwig is such a miracle :wheee: :hihi:

Ogopogo wrote:Yep. Sorry. :scared:

But really, where else do you go? I'd like to check those places out and see if they know anything that we don't or if they are more like rumor mills. the only other place that I know of the reddit and that gets a posts like once a month.
I have 5 forums I go to. Here, presonus, live, reaper and sevenstring. That's it. No gearslutz, nothing obscure, nothing to hide :shrug:

Ogopogo wrote:Yep. Sorry. :scared:

Bitwig reddit is quite a cold lonely place indeed...wish it got a lil mo' lovin.

Woah, found on the Live forum:
Bitwig beta tester here. Let's begin with this one: Bitwig Studio b11.3 (latest beta and feature freeze) does not have a tap tempo button. I don't have the time to enumerate all the things that Live does amazingly well and Bitwig 1.0 will not provide for me as a working musician.
Testers, is this still the case? You can't tap tempo? Or you need a controller to do it?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
kennyda wrote:I'm on a Mac, that checker won't work on it.

I just did a test, 10 tracks with Arturia MiniV playing a simple bass line. Both DAWs came out about the same, ie total COMPUTER CPU use about 35-45%.
The cpu meter of a given DAW isn't always an accurate indicator. As we said the real test is duplicating the track until you hear dropouts. So for example although they show the same cpu%, one might go up to 85% without dropouts and one might crack up at 60%. Also make sure that buffer settings are the same which is the most important thing. If Bitwig has a plug-in buffer setting, set it to the same as the audio buffer since this is Live's setting.
Well, this was the total CPU use on my computer, not the CPU meter on the DAW. Good point about dropouts though, I'll try so more using that method. I definitely didn't hear any on the 30 audio tracks or the 10 minimoogs and I had the sound on for those two. .
Studio One, OS X 10.0, M-Audio Oxygen 25 keyboard.
Old websites:
http://www.bitwigtutorials.net Free Bitwig Studio tutorials
http://www.macableton.com Free Ableton Live and Mac tutorials.

virtualmark wrote:Personally I'm already looking forward to 2.0, as I really would like group tracks, VST multi outs, sidechaining, custom key commands etc etc. There's a lot missing from 1.0 that I can do in Cubase or Ableton, so I hope they don't take too long to add these things.
No sidechaining in v1.0? Really?

barryfell wrote:
virtualmark wrote:Personally I'm already looking forward to 2.0, as I really would like group tracks, VST multi outs, sidechaining, custom key commands etc etc. There's a lot missing from 1.0 that I can do in Cubase or Ableton, so I hope they don't take too long to add these things.
Sidechain is there for the built-in compressor, but no sidechain support for VST plugins yet. I guess it's on their to-do list for a next update.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p5633515
It's easy if you know how

lesha wrote:
barryfell wrote:
Sidechain is there for the built-in compressor, but no sidechain support for VST plugins yet. I guess it's on their to-do list for a next update.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p5633515
Oh wow. That's a bit of a show stopper for me. :( I do a lot of SCing with various VSTs.

Guess i'll need to wait until the update whenever that is.

Some compromises always have to be made regarding features or you would spend forever fine tuning this n that, but never actually release anything ...

So I think side chain input and multi-out for VSTs are the 2 critical things missing from v1.0 but AFAICT from talking with support both are high on the list for an update after the initial release.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Some compromises always have to be made regarding features or you would spend forever fine tuning this n that, but never actually release anything ...

So I think side chain input and multi-out for VSTs are the 2 critical things missing from v1.0 but AFAICT from talking with support both are high on the list for an update after the initial release.

Peace,
Andy.
That's good to hear they are high on the list for the update. 8)

Do we know when exactly the release is starting? 12 Midnight? Berlin time?

tooneba wrote:
bmanic wrote:
tooneba wrote:touchpad is one of the worst HUD in the history. comparing with mouse is a joke I know. mouse is one of the best invention in the history.
This is such a narrow minded view.. sure, if I'm sitting at a desk and have a typical studio experience then of course I am using the friggin mouse but the point is that these new semi-powerful/usable tablets that are cropping up all over the place can actually be used to make music while commuting, sitting outside having a picnic, while enjoying a nice cold beer on a terrace, while waiting for the bus/train/flight etc.

Even when sitting in a cramped environment where it's tricky to pull out a laptop and use it's trackpad/mouse-joystick thingy that some use it is more feasible to use the actual touch screen for basic inputs like notes on a piano roll.

You just need to experience it first hand a couple of times to appreciate it. If it's not your thing then fine but don't underestimate the popularity of jamming out a few ideas while in a situation where it's impossible to use a mouse or a laptop.
I was talking about best HUD as pointing device, but you narrowed the use situation and are trying to do personal attack? Nice try. I would try to recommend wacom graphic tablet and leap motion because it's so useful in a specific situation. Good luck on your using them as main HUD.
Bull crap. I answered you exactly as your response warranted. You generalized so I had to go specific. Touch controls are superior to mouse in some situations , like the ones I mentioned. And where did I do a "personal attack" on you? You taking the word "narrow minded" as an attack? It's not an attack.. it was a direct description of how I perceived your comment due to your abrupt, narrow minded, answer. In this case, narrow mind = blah blah blah is superior to blah blah blah as a generalization without any thought on the matter. That is the definition of the word, no?
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”