New incredible Voice doubling plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ADT

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:You have to use it on a stereo channel, is that what you are doing?
Well I think I am! This wav track was basically recorded in stereo and I was going to just test if the ADT plugin works on it.. Nothing happens. I put those audacity settings (input and device settings into STEREO). I am really not aware of some basic technical things, I just usually record basic pop songs adding some suitable effects and compression for each track. Dont know much about those more technical approaches when it comes to recording(though I'm getting a bit more into it lately).

You are using earphones, right?

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:You are using earphones, right?
yes, proper big ones!

Without actually seeing your settings, there's not much I can say, maybe it simply doesn't work with your DAW...
You can replicate something like that by making two copies of the same track, send one to the right channel and one to the left, and move one of the two by a few milliseconds. It's not exactly the same thing, but it's a basic and useful technique to give a track some stereo "space" in the mix. That's what you'd get with this plugin, except that it also applies some tape-like modulation to the track.
Alternatively, if your DAW allows this, move the original track to one side and apply a single delay line to the opposite channel, make sure the delayed sound arrives only one or few milliseconds later.

Oh, this usually works best with pads and guitars.

Didn't he say he used it with Audacity? Maybe it doesn't work with Audacity, there are some plugins that don't work in Audacity...

You could try Wavosaur or Acoustica Basic if it's working there...

indiefinn wrote:
Mac of BIOnighT wrote:You have to use it on a stereo channel, is that what you are doing?
Well I think I am! This wav track was basically recorded in stereo and I was going to just test if the ADT plugin works on it..
From the ADT Read-me:
"Takes a mono [my emphasis]input signal and generates a stereo signal with the original signal panned hard-left and the ADT signal panned hard-right.

Update in version 1.0.7: also works on Stereo tracks and automatically
sums the stereo signal to mono."

So, your source should be MONO for the ADT effect to be heard. If you feed it a stereophonically recorded track, it sums it to mono and then performs its magic, which does sound a lot like… stereo.

Feed it a monophonic voice recording (which is what's it meant for in the first place) and you'll probably get it to "work".

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

If he's using it on vocals, it's quite unlikely that he recorded it in stereo, it was probably a stereo track but with a single microphone... so as long as he's using it on a stereo channel, the effect should be audible. I'm afraid the problem is somewhere else, probably with the daw.

Mac of BIOnighT wrote:If he's using it on vocals, it's quite unlikely that he recorded it in stereo, it was probably a stereo track but with a single microphone... so as long as he's using it on a stereo channel, the effect should be audible. I'm afraid the problem is somewhere else, probably with the daw.
The OP didn't state that the track he was trying ADT on was a vocal recording – just that "This wav track was basically recorded in stereo…"

So, not enough information to judge one way or the other.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

True, but adt works in an audible way on stereo tracks as well (I use it all the time); so if he's using earphones, he should be able to hear the difference anyway, even if, as you correctly state, the result is not so apparent as it is with mono tracks.

i dunno but i'm guessing the difference between vacuumsound and Waves is that the

waves is probably using a tape emu but only for the delayed line
without affecting the dry signal

Might be that which waves called for "the first time"
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Well, this is amazing piece of plugin. I can say that with guitars (and for my taste) works best that waves doubler and PA shredspread.

Amazing. Who is the developer?
Sorry for my English. I'm working on it.

YUGA wrote:I also installed the vst version in the corresponding folder and rebooted my mac to no avail, looks like it's not possible to use this one in Logic!?
download and install the AU

No GUI in Ableton Live 9 64bit but Live has controls for it so usable. Thanks :)

Odd Waves ADT is the same no GUI ah fixed waves has a sub folder.

This is one of my top, mostly-used "goto" plugins. I've used it on all sorts of tracks, mostly for guitar and vocals. Works great in my Reaper setup.
Robert Len Stallard
True to the music...

www.RLSguitar.com
KVR Seller/Buyer Feedback

Return to “Effects”