What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

"Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Bathrobe
KVRist

182 posts since 10 Oct, 2011

Postby Bathrobe; Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:45 pm Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

It´s not new. At least a couple of thousands years old.
Think of oriental carpets.
SampleScience
KVRAF

2459 posts since 31 Oct, 2004, from Mtl, Canada

Postby SampleScience; Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:47 pm Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

For NineVoltAudio it's kind of weird. Closing their business to start up a new one that is almost exactly the same as 9VA... Weird move to say the least! But I'm pretty sure closing down sales (or just sales in general) is a good way to have a healthy income. But you have to respect your word and close for real. Otherwise it looks clumsy.
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!

7773 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:01 pm Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

Back in the 80s and 90s there was a local furniture store that went out of business once a year it seemed... Hurry hurry hurry going out of business sale.. then, months later, hurry hurry hurry going out of business sale. hehe
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8443 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:27 pm Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

VitaminD wrote:Back in the 80s and 90s there was a local furniture store...
So they really went out of business some time?

(Maybe because they made too many "Out-of-Business" sales? :hihi:)
Hink
Rad Grandad

24859 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:42 pm Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

just curious...who would buy software from a company going out of business? It seems to me that's not a very good idea, no support, no future development so at best it's a temporary thing :shrug:
New Song LBS
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!

Postby VitaminD; Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:50 pm Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

Tricky-Loops wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Back in the 80s and 90s there was a local furniture store...
So they really went out of business some time?

(Maybe because they made too many "Out-of-Business" sales? :hihi:)

You made me wonder.. since I haven't seen their advertisements on TV in quite some time.. only to discover they appear to have moved their operations across the state line. So they might still be going out of business, they may simply be advertising over there now.
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!

Postby VitaminD; Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:51 pm Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

Hink wrote:just curious...who would buy software from a company going out of business? It seems to me that's not a very good idea, no support, no future development so at best it's a temporary thing :shrug:

You raise a very important thought to consider.
UncleAge
KVRian

1312 posts since 11 Jun, 2005, from Phoenix, Arizona

Postby UncleAge; Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:57 pm Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

VitaminD wrote:
Hink wrote:just curious...who would buy software from a company going out of business? It seems to me that's not a very good idea, no support, no future development so at best it's a temporary thing :shrug:

How much support is needed for samples?
UncleAge
KVRian

1312 posts since 11 Jun, 2005, from Phoenix, Arizona

Postby UncleAge; Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:59 pm Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

Sometimes it's a bit messy to break up a partnership. Closing down the business can be a way out if there is no other amicable way.
Hink
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:05 pm Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

UncleAge wrote:
VitaminD wrote:

that's a fair point, I have to admit I did not search on the companies names nor do I know the companies that CableChannel mentioned...:shrug:
New Song LBS
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!

Postby VitaminD; Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:24 pm Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

UncleAge wrote:
VitaminD wrote:

Not much, if any, that I can see. Why do you ask?
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!

Postby VitaminD; Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:37 pm Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

Hink wrote:
UncleAge wrote:
VitaminD wrote:

that's a fair point, I have to admit I did not search on the companies names nor do I know the companies that CableChannel mentioned...:shrug:

Prodyon offer software (VST) products too.

Regardless, I find your thought is still quite useful and should be considered.
Hink
Rad Grandad

Postby Hink; Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:06 pm Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

VitaminD wrote:
Hink wrote:
UncleAge wrote:
VitaminD wrote:

Prodyon offer software (VST) products too.

Regardless, I find your thought is still quite useful and should be considered.

well that's appreciated my friend...and obviously I still didn't google the company :hihi:
New Song LBS
robotmonkey
KVRian

531 posts since 20 Jun, 2012

Postby robotmonkey; Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:32 pm Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

I'd say any excuse for a heavy discount sale is a good excuse. :hihi:

If the price is cheap enough one would probably not care much. Depends on the products of course.

But in the case of Prodyn I had never heard of him before the sale so jumped in in dark. And I must say it's probably the best 15 bucks I have ever spent on music softwares. All the SoundFont and SFZ libraries are eminently usable and a great source for making your own sounds. And yes, he is back now and sends a lot of spam. :hihi:
No signature here!
Acid Mitch
KVRAF

1570 posts since 5 Oct, 2005

Postby Acid Mitch; Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:19 am Re: "Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

If the software does something I want I would.
I've been using some bits of software for years that have no support and are not being developed.

I use support so little that it's hard for me to assess it's value .Especially when there are forums around that, for the most part, document any bugs and fixes.
A bit like insurance policies , I pay for it , but never actually use it.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)