"Going out of business" the new marketing trick?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It´s not new. At least a couple of thousands years old.
Think of oriental carpets.

For NineVoltAudio it's kind of weird. Closing their business to start up a new one that is almost exactly the same as 9VA... Weird move to say the least! But I'm pretty sure closing down sales (or just sales in general) is a good way to have a healthy income. But you have to respect your word and close for real. Otherwise it looks clumsy.

Back in the 80s and 90s there was a local furniture store that went out of business once a year it seemed... Hurry hurry hurry going out of business sale.. then, months later, hurry hurry hurry going out of business sale. hehe

VitaminD wrote:Back in the 80s and 90s there was a local furniture store...
So they really went out of business some time?

(Maybe because they made too many "Out-of-Business" sales? :hihi:)

just curious...who would buy software from a company going out of business? It seems to me that's not a very good idea, no support, no future development so at best it's a temporary thing :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Tricky-Loops wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Back in the 80s and 90s there was a local furniture store...
So they really went out of business some time?

(Maybe because they made too many "Out-of-Business" sales? :hihi:)
You made me wonder.. since I haven't seen their advertisements on TV in quite some time.. only to discover they appear to have moved their operations across the state line. So they might still be going out of business, they may simply be advertising over there now.

Hink wrote:just curious...who would buy software from a company going out of business? It seems to me that's not a very good idea, no support, no future development so at best it's a temporary thing :shrug:
You raise a very important thought to consider.

VitaminD wrote:
Hink wrote:just curious...who would buy software from a company going out of business? It seems to me that's not a very good idea, no support, no future development so at best it's a temporary thing :shrug:
How much support is needed for samples?

Sometimes it's a bit messy to break up a partnership. Closing down the business can be a way out if there is no other amicable way.

UncleAge wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
that's a fair point, I have to admit I did not search on the companies names nor do I know the companies that CableChannel mentioned...:shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

UncleAge wrote:
VitaminD wrote:

Not much, if any, that I can see. Why do you ask?

Hink wrote:
UncleAge wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
that's a fair point, I have to admit I did not search on the companies names nor do I know the companies that CableChannel mentioned...:shrug:
Prodyon offer software (VST) products too.

Regardless, I find your thought is still quite useful and should be considered.

VitaminD wrote:
Hink wrote:
UncleAge wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
Prodyon offer software (VST) products too.

Regardless, I find your thought is still quite useful and should be considered.

well that's appreciated my friend...and obviously I still didn't google the company :hihi:

I'd say any excuse for a heavy discount sale is a good excuse. :hihi:
If the price is cheap enough one would probably not care much. Depends on the products of course.

But in the case of Prodyn I had never heard of him before the sale so jumped in in dark. And I must say it's probably the best 15 bucks I have ever spent on music softwares. All the SoundFont and SFZ libraries are eminently usable and a great source for making your own sounds. And yes, he is back now and sends a lot of spam. :hihi:
No signature here!

If the software does something I want I would.
I've been using some bits of software for years that have no support and are not being developed.

I use support so little that it's hard for me to assess it's value .Especially when there are forums around that, for the most part, document any bugs and fixes.
A bit like insurance policies , I pay for it , but never actually use it.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”