What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Too much?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Tricky-Loops
KVRAF

8383 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:44 pm Re: Too much?

Always make an A/B comparison, switch the effects off and listen if it sounds better...
lfm
KVRAF

2716 posts since 22 Jan, 2005, from Sweden

Postby lfm; Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:09 pm Re: Too much?

Tricky-Loops wrote:Always make an A/B comparison, switch the effects off and listen if it sounds better...

One of the reasons I came to like Waves stuff - A/B testing is built into every plugin in a clever way. I never knew I missed that before I got it.

Just getting the right amount - bypass on/off is too much to decide the subtle differences - for plugins having settings that is. If it was Satin that had no settings.

If saturation becomes obvious on every track
warm+warm+warm=blur
kind of.

I don't trust these plugins to do well cascading that much. Not the cheapest anyway. There are reasons that some plugins cost more - algorithms are better. Some can do decent job on a single instrument - but cannot do masterbus full mix.
hibidy
KVRAF

40420 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:21 pm Re: Too much?

I dunno. I've heard people with great tools suck and people with stock crap do great. I'm certainly no expert when I comes to hard core mixing. I quite like waves, but I quite like a lot of lower priced stuff too (and some freebies)

That reminds me (and maybe a little off topic) but you ever noticed how in these "tutorials" and how they frequently sound like ass? :lol:
lfm
KVRAF

2716 posts since 22 Jan, 2005, from Sweden

Postby lfm; Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:00 am Re: Too much?

hibidy wrote:That reminds me (and maybe a little off topic) but you ever noticed how in these "tutorials" and how they frequently sound like ass? :lol:

I've seen some video promotion from Waves stuff - and it sucks.

Everytime they are about to do A/B - they're blabbing like 5-10s in between they switch - like CLA Classic compressors videos I saw.

To really hear a difference it got to be instant - and just say "now" or something when switching - and back and forth a couple of times.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Production Techniques