What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Studio One V2 Question

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRian

1041 posts since 2 Jun, 2003

Postby Hewitt Huntwork; Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:21 pm Studio One V2 Question

Playing around with the demo to see if it's as good as they say.

I was creating events and entering notes in their piano roll (I already forget what they call that) and copy/pasting events (measures) in the arrange view when suddenly, all the events in the arrange view turned into a solid grey bar. They still play back fine, but I can no longer see my separate events or the data they contain.

Any ideas what I did wrong or how I can change it back?
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 678 reviews each day!
KVRAF

3282 posts since 17 Sep, 2006, from Fredericksburg, VA USA

Postby Integratron; Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:05 pm Re: Studio One V2 Question

That's weird... nothing like that has happened to me and I've been using S1 for about a year. What operating system?

Each track is a gray bar or all the tracks are a gray bar?

If all the tracks are a gray bar, you might have inadvertently hit the "pack folder" option in the track panel.

dunno????
J.S. Bach... the Einstein of music.
Dell XPS8700 i7, 8bg memory, 1tb hdd, Steinberg UR22 audio, Personus ER5 monitors, Windows 7 Pro Sp1
Listen to my music here... http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=439965&T=7205
KVRian

Postby Hewitt Huntwork; Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:39 pm Re: Studio One V2 Question

Here's a screenshot. In the first track, labeled Geist, you can see notes in some events. Those were notes I added AFTER posing my original question. I also added the second track with the organ and you can see the notes I manually entered there too.

But the top track has notes throughout. You can see in the editor, the lower part of the image, that there are notes in measure five. But up in the Geist track in the arranger view, it's just a grey bar there (with aqua highlights). The whole thing looked like that until I went back and added notes and the new track as a test.

Any thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KVRian

1319 posts since 11 Jun, 2005, from Phoenix, Arizona

Postby UncleAge; Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:49 pm Re: Studio One V2 Question

I can't tell from the screenshot posted but have you checked whether you have more than one layer/take? (do so by clicking the "I" up above the track panels, next to the plus sign). I only ask because the record button is lit on the track. Possible that you have more than on take and you are looking at one that does not have the previously recorded notes.
KVRian

Postby Hewitt Huntwork; Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:07 pm Re: Studio One V2 Question

UncleAge wrote:I can't tell from the screenshot posted but have you checked whether you have more than one layer/take? (do so by clicking the "I" up above the track panels, next to the plus sign). I only ask because the record button is lit on the track. Possible that you have more than on take and you are looking at one that does not have the previously recorded notes.

It said I just had the one layer. But that was a good thought, and observant! Thanks.

The issue persists.
KVRist

254 posts since 25 Apr, 2004

Postby efluon; Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:02 am Re: Studio One V2 Question

edit: just saw the screenshot, this looks like you have mutiple overlapping events.
You're my son, dude!
KVRAF

1690 posts since 29 Sep, 2005

Postby dsan@mail.com; Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:28 am Re: Studio One V2 Question

That's what it looks like to me too. If you try sliding the top layer (move to a new track is the best bet) I am sure you will find more boxes beneath.

Had this happen to me once too and after paid more attention when I build tracks now.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram
KVRian

Postby Hewitt Huntwork; Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:30 am Re: Studio One V2 Question

Thank you efluon and dsan, that was it! After reading your suggestion I went in and started right-clicking events and deleting them until my original layers were revealed. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I've been a Cakewalk user for twenty years, so I hit a LOT of shortcut keys for SONAR that do different commands in Studio One.

Thank also to Integratron and UncleAge for suggestions!
KVRAF

1690 posts since 29 Sep, 2005

Postby dsan@mail.com; Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:38 am Re: Studio One V2 Question

Glad you got it sorted Hewitt :tu:

I'm not sure why S1 puts new events in this way but actually think it quite useful for editing.

If what you have inserted is acceptable you can simply merge the event boxes to one later.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram
KVRAF

4316 posts since 4 Dec, 2004

Postby LawrenceF; Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:59 am Re: Studio One V2 Question

Hmmm ... looks like with stacked midi clips the transparency to see the notes only goes two layers deep, you only see the notes on the top most clip and the one directly under it.

Interesting. Never noticed that.
KVRAF

3282 posts since 17 Sep, 2006, from Fredericksburg, VA USA

Postby Integratron; Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:06 am Re: Studio One V2 Question

Watch out! - S1 is one gorgeous DAW that will most likely win your heart!

It sis mine! :D
J.S. Bach... the Einstein of music.
Dell XPS8700 i7, 8bg memory, 1tb hdd, Steinberg UR22 audio, Personus ER5 monitors, Windows 7 Pro Sp1
Listen to my music here... http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=439965&T=7205

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)