Studio One V2 Question

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Playing around with the demo to see if it's as good as they say.

I was creating events and entering notes in their piano roll (I already forget what they call that) and copy/pasting events (measures) in the arrange view when suddenly, all the events in the arrange view turned into a solid grey bar. They still play back fine, but I can no longer see my separate events or the data they contain.

Any ideas what I did wrong or how I can change it back?
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

That's weird... nothing like that has happened to me and I've been using S1 for about a year. What operating system?

Each track is a gray bar or all the tracks are a gray bar?

If all the tracks are a gray bar, you might have inadvertently hit the "pack folder" option in the track panel.

dunno????
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Here's a screenshot. In the first track, labeled Geist, you can see notes in some events. Those were notes I added AFTER posing my original question. I also added the second track with the organ and you can see the notes I manually entered there too.

But the top track has notes throughout. You can see in the editor, the lower part of the image, that there are notes in measure five. But up in the Geist track in the arranger view, it's just a grey bar there (with aqua highlights). The whole thing looked like that until I went back and added notes and the new track as a test.

Any thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I can't tell from the screenshot posted but have you checked whether you have more than one layer/take? (do so by clicking the "I" up above the track panels, next to the plus sign). I only ask because the record button is lit on the track. Possible that you have more than on take and you are looking at one that does not have the previously recorded notes.

UncleAge wrote:I can't tell from the screenshot posted but have you checked whether you have more than one layer/take? (do so by clicking the "I" up above the track panels, next to the plus sign). I only ask because the record button is lit on the track. Possible that you have more than on take and you are looking at one that does not have the previously recorded notes.
It said I just had the one layer. But that was a good thought, and observant! Thanks.

The issue persists.

edit: just saw the screenshot, this looks like you have mutiple overlapping events.
You're my son, dude!

That's what it looks like to me too. If you try sliding the top layer (move to a new track is the best bet) I am sure you will find more boxes beneath.

Had this happen to me once too and after paid more attention when I build tracks now.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Thank you efluon and dsan, that was it! After reading your suggestion I went in and started right-clicking events and deleting them until my original layers were revealed. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I've been a Cakewalk user for twenty years, so I hit a LOT of shortcut keys for SONAR that do different commands in Studio One.

Thank also to Integratron and UncleAge for suggestions!

Glad you got it sorted Hewitt :tu:

I'm not sure why S1 puts new events in this way but actually think it quite useful for editing.

If what you have inserted is acceptable you can simply merge the event boxes to one later.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Hmmm ... looks like with stacked midi clips the transparency to see the notes only goes two layers deep, you only see the notes on the top most clip and the one directly under it.

Interesting. Never noticed that.

Watch out! - S1 is one gorgeous DAW that will most likely win your heart!

It sis mine! :D
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”