Frozen - Chameleon Music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Example of my soundtrack work:

A dramatic, haunting atmosphere rises as more and more layers enter.

This piece is based around one simple chord sequence.

It begins with dramatic percussion combined with a punchy, powerful bass sound.

It slowly evolves through the addition of a rippling piano motif, guitar melody and various background sounds.

The finale is led by a soaring female vocal line.

https://soundcloud.com/chameleon-music/ ... short-edit

I can appreciate the economy of this piece. No wasted notes or time.

I'm not crazy about the bombastic percussion but I suppose it's standard practice for soundtracks these days. The melodic elements are woven in a very appealing way making me wish the piece was a bit longer.

I am wondering if the piano part is quantized. Perhaps it could be a bit looser.

Good job. :tu:

Thanks for the feedback:

"Bombastic percussion":

I know what you mean...definitely NOT standard practice for me, (would never do it out of choice), but it's what the client requested and he was paying!

Length of Piece:

Again, I see your point, but that's the length that was requested for the opening scene of the stage play.
I did mess around with a much longer, more developed version, but never found the time to complete it...maybe soon?

Piano was played live and then looped...I must've been working to a seriously tight clock that day! :0)

ChamMusic wrote: I know what you mean...definitely NOT standard practice for me, (would never do it out of choice), but it's what the client requested and he was paying!
Yep, the customer is always right. :) I think you did a very good job while working within the constraints of the assignment.

Return to “Music Cafe”