Tech House - New Track in March

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys, I hope you would take a listen to my new track and give some comments. Your advise and listening are certainly my motivation to continue making music and improve! I will be appreciated if you would give me some support. :D

https://soundcloud.com/mikemikeass/tech ... d-original

The Melodys are pretty cool, nice bassline (a bit simple though) nice higher melodys.
maybe at 1:32 when the arpeggio-soundalike comes in, turn down the filter of your bassline, sounds muddy there.
In general there are too many elements at that part for my taste, maybe make it a bit less melodic but more groovy at that point, would also create a cool contrast for that piano coming in. Here I would put down the filter of that bass again.
At 2:40 too much reverb on the hats for my taste, gets muddy with the clap/snare.

What happened at 0:30? Your hats getting silenced after the beat comes in again? They need to be louder, at least the off-Beat Hat to create more groove and energy at that point.
I feel like your kick needs to be louder too, not strong enough against your bassline.
The piano at 04:05 feels a bit out of place because the rest of the beat is still high energy and the piano is more like a break. I would just delete it there, the beat doesn't need the piano there, its still interesting enough on his own at that time.

That are the mainpoints of advice.

Now the points I enjoyed:

good and interesting synth sounds (except the bass, but the bass does its job quite good)
Melodys are fitting very well together
The piano brings a nice break of contrast, could be a bit longer for me ;)
Tha part starting at 3:23 is damn groovy, nice job on that one, and good placed in the arrangement.
Your drums are pretty groovy too, just need to be a bit more balanced in the mix ;)

Sounddesign: 8/10 - Sits well in the mix, interesting sounds, groovy acapella chopping, Bass could be a bit more creative, could have more decent white noise here and there :D
Arrangement: 6/10 - Mainpoint: Second piano, otherwise 8/10
Sound/Mix: 6/10 - Volume needs more balance here and there, sounds quite muddy sometimes.
Melodys: 9/10 - Sit good in the mix and arrangement, interesting melodys and nice static elements

Remove the second piano and work on your volume balance again and it's a 7,5-8/10, which is quite good ;)
Squisch

An appealing housey track with a nice organic quality.

The mix is poor - muddy and muffled. There are barely any high frequencies.

I quite enjoyed it, although I was never quite sure which house style you were aiming at. The soundcloud tags may have led me astray. I thought that the parts with the reverbed piano were where this track came closest to Deep House, but I felt that other parts with the 16th note synths were straying into other territory. The mix could do with brightening up a bit. I liked the vocal samples. Overall, I liked it.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”