Maschine Studio and Maschine 2.0!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Maschine

I never upgraded. It's not my cuppa. I've heard too many complaints and I don't see a reason to upgrade. Maybe when it's matured a bit.

topaz wrote:Rant mode = on.

Wow, what planet where NI on when they worked on midi export in 2x

Unbelievably rubbish. Shame on you NI, and shame on you for taking so bloody long to fix it. :x :x

Rant mode = off
It works as expected here everytime
Duh

I'm glad you like the way it spits out separate midi tracks for each sound with absolutely no way to play back in a daw without jumping thru 5 minutes of hoops every time.

But for me and many more that make a living from music this is just plain wrong.

Never add a feature and take away a major one.

Wow, so because i said it works as expected, you infer that i don't make a living out of music hahaha
I didn't say it was ideal, i said it works as expected, I didn't say i liked it, but luckily for me i use Reaper which takes about ten seconds to fix it with a macro.
Duh

I found Maschine when I brought it to be really disappointing and hardly ever used it at all but I like version 2 a lot more and use it frequently. Though I don't like the midi export compared to the old and I would like to zone map the synths like the samples instead of them being mapped across the keys. Also if it had more than 2 Aux's per channel I would use it a lot more, Even with 4 Aux's would be enough.

Check the release notes, the MIDI thing is changing in the next version.

Old MIDI export is coming back, prolly on next update.....

I am a Maschine Head/fanboy....whatever..... I love it.
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

I've searched and searched but can't find an answer to my query on Maschine.

Can I load something like Drumazon or Nepheton into it and sequence the internal sequencer via the pads on Maschine?

In other words, if I press Pad #1 will Drumazons first button sequencer button turn on?

The key phrase in all of the above is the internal sequencer; I'm not interested in triggering one shot hits.

TIA
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:I've searched and searched but can't find an answer to my query on Maschine.

Can I load something like Drumazon or Nepheton into it and sequence the internal sequencer via the pads on Maschine?

In other words, if I press Pad #1 will Drumazons first button sequencer button turn on?

The key phrase in all of the above is the internal sequencer; I'm not interested in triggering one shot hits.

TIA
I'm 99.9999999999999% certain that isn't be possible.

It would be a function of Drumazon or Nephaton rather than Maschine itself, and it does not look like it's implemented from a quick scan of the D16 manuals.
... space is the place ...

Ah thought so. Thanks Andy 8)

Good news really. ~£400 saved.

If you're looking for a Maschine alternative, check out the M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro. It can't do what you just described (you need to hassle D16 about that), but it does have MIDI out without needing a computer in between i.e. Maschine needs to be connected via USB to use the normal MIDI port, but the TFP works 100% stand alone. It's a very nice piece of kit.
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:If you're looking for a Maschine alternative, check out the M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro. It can't do what you just described (you need to hassle D16 about that), but it does have MIDI out without needing a computer in between i.e. Maschine needs to be connected via USB to use the normal MIDI port, but the TFP works 100% stand alone. It's a very nice piece of kit.
I have investigated that. It's absolutely Massive though.

If anything I'm leaning toward the TR8 now.

Will there PDC some day ?
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

You are kidding right ?
Have you seen how often they update Maschine, NI have no interest in adding festures that users want, they have no interest in adding any features at all actually, they have very few developers and they are working on Kontakt, to bring it up to date so that 3rd parties continue to pay licence fees for protected content.
The only time they release an update for Maschine is when the userbase noise online is so loud it begins to harm sales, they throw a bone, that will give them another six months to a year to do nothing.
Duh

bungle wrote:You are kidding right ?
Have you seen how often they update Maschine, NI have no interest in adding festures that users want, they have no interest in adding any features at all actually, they have very few developers and they are working on Kontakt, to bring it up to date so that 3rd parties continue to pay licence fees for protected content.
The only time they release an update for Maschine is when the userbase noise online is so loud it begins to harm sales, they throw a bone, that will give them another six months to a year to do nothing.
Right, but don't you still buy their komplete products. :hyper:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”