New song - I Think I'm Stronger Than I Think

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This was a bit different arrangement and style for me. I usually don't normally use sampled physical instruments that much unless it's for an orchestral piece. I used a lot of soundfont for this, though. While most of the sounds did undergo additional processing (especially the drums), it's impressive how much quality is packed into <50MB. Additionally there is recorded ukulele, guitar, and vox.

Comments or critiques on anything from the writing to the mix is, as always, appreciated. Thanks! :tu:

http://soundcloud.com/nine-of-kings/i-t ... ger-than-i

This one strikes me as a song fragment that was given the full production treatment.

The meat of it is in the first verse which is pretty strong. The new uke is prominently featured. The vocals sound confident. The girlfriend is sounding good on backing vocals although she could be louder. Quick shifts in lyrical perspective from first person ("I am") to third person ("He", "His") give this an unsettled quality.

Next we jump into an energetic but largely instrumental chorus (is it a chorus?) and back to a short, mostly instrumental verse. And then we're done. I'm a bit puzzled by the form but it will probably grow on me like most of your work does.

The mix sounds great.

top notch effort , on your part ...
i quite enjoyed this ...

Frantz wrote:This one strikes me as a song fragment that was given the full production treatment.
Guilty as charged.
The meat of it is in the first verse which is pretty strong. The new uke is prominently featured. The vocals sound confident. The girlfriend is sounding good on backing vocals although she could be louder. Quick shifts in lyrical perspective from first person ("I am") to third person ("He", "His") give this an unsettled quality.
The backing vocals are actually just me, I don't get to record with her as much as would be ideal. The lyrical perspective changes, along with the weird form, were supposed to be unsettled to go with the theme of looking to the future. Thanks for listening!

nineofkings wrote: The backing vocals are actually just me, I don't get to record with her as much as would be ideal. The lyrical perspective changes, along with the weird form, were supposed to be unsettled to go with the theme of looking to the future. Thanks for listening!
You've got an impressive falsetto. :)

You're probably going to college in the fall. Being a little unsettled is normal.

Not as unsettled as I could be, though. Living in New England means I'm 30 minutes in a car from where I'll be going to school.

Return to “Music Cafe”