Confused... aka what's new?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK we now have forums for Instruments, Soundware and Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries. What goes where? Don't all three of these overlap?

bigcat1969 wrote:OK we now have forums for Instruments, Soundware and Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries. What goes where? Don't all three of these overlap?
not really.. i know what you mean.. :hihi:

Instruments
VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Soundware
For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.

Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries
Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I guess I'm confused too, so sample based instruments announcements now go to soundware and sampling section is only for discussing the act of sampling? I thought soundware was for preset banks... but maybe it does make sense.

It's still being worked out (last I heard), but as I understand it at the moment sample based instrument stuff still goes in Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries, whereas Soundware is for presets, mainly, but also loops, and construction kits.

When Ben has it figured out, he'll let us know, I guess
No longer a moderator.

What about a new category "Sample Libraries" for samples, loops and construction kidz and "Soundware" only for soundbanks, soundsets and presets?

Actually, I like the idea that sample-base products announcements would go somewhere else, sampling section is quite flooded with it. It was discussed a while ago somewhere and someone was suggesting a separate section for product announcements, these now spread all over, including marketplace.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”