End of Life (Cowboy Dreams)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This song is about dreams. The kind that people have when they are in their final days and do nothing but sleep.

Entirely MIDI. No humans involved.
https://soundcloud.com/artlowell

I was expecting something depressing given the title but there is a pleasant stream of warm melodic ideas bubbling up like fond memories.

There are several places that have unintended distortion, e.g., 2:49. I suggest watching your levels or using a limiter on the master bus to prevent clipping.

Yes, the clipping is something I need to correct. (Puzzlingly, these flaws didn't arise when I was reviewing the tune straight out of my DAW, at least, not that I heard). I revised and uploaded 3 versions so far (WAVs take a long time). Will do yet again.

Glad you got the concept. It's not intended to be a sad song at all.

Very pleasant melodies and sounds. It reminded me of one of those hybrid prog-rock tracks made in the late '70s or early '80s by bands like Camel or Jethro Tull. The bass synth at the beginning complemented the guitar very nicely and I liked the oboe. Nice piece for a soundtrack, methinks.

Good work :)

Funny you should mention that, Seismic. I get images with everything I write. Nothing could be more flattering to me than if somebody wanted to put it to a visual story of some kind. Thank you for the nice thoughts.

ver' nice end o the day music ...
close my eyes , and I'm seeing campfires ...

Campfires? Why not? I'm pleased that you see things.

Hey Art,

Lovely tune. Pleasant melodies, solid musicianship. Nothing else to add.

Thanks, ecam.

Return to “Music Cafe”