What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

quintosardo
KVRAF

3345 posts since 15 Jul, 2004, from Italy

Postby quintosardo; Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:30 pm SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

I'm really happy to announce the release of this tool, STA-LIMIT tube compressor.

Simple, powerful and characterful. With its high dynamic range and special compression behaviour, it is a must for a lot of track or buss processing.
8x oversampled.

A dynamic emulation with some special features thanks to power of digital:

- stereo/split stereo
- auto release option
- mid/side mode
- emphasis filters

Under testing this week, available as 32/64 bit VST and AU, Win/Mac, march 31 on www.sknote.it

MSRP 29.99$

*** NOTE ***
Our GTS-39 is a completely different thing, being developed after Gates Sa39 tube limiter, its "grand-father". GTS-39 is special for its smooth and huge compression curve and special dynamics, really transparent on bass, vocals and a lot of other sources, colorful when pushed hard.
Electronics and music: www.sknote.it
Recording in Italy: www.skstudio.it
murnau
KVRAF

2695 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:49 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

thank you quinto! this sound very promising. :)

ps. why you still keep this ugly border around the gui?.. i dont get it..
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:52 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

This is not the GUI ;)
Compyfox
KVRAF

11380 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:58 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

Two questions. One of them that you probably heard over and over by now:

1) About about the user accounts?
2) Will this one use less(!!!) CPU usage than GTS39 with the fixed 8x OS? Or why not thinking about offering a "normal quality" mode while mixing and 8xOS while rendering (like RoundTone)?
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:01 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

Hi Compyfox! :)

1) ready and going live in a few days, loading the user base. Actually this one could go out through the new user area.
2) yes, even though 8x is mandatory
murnau
KVRAF

Postby murnau; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:10 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

quintosardo wrote:This is not the GUI ;)

i dont get it part II.. :lol:
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:12 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

This is a preview. So I didn't get the question part I? :hihi:
murnau
KVRAF

Postby murnau; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:15 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

quintosardo wrote:This is a preview. So I didn't get the question part I? :hihi:

only fair.. :hihi: ..but i'm afraid that you keep them till release like usual. :)
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:24 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

The problem is I love a lot of ugly things... shrimps... crabs... some old italian songs... maths... coding... :wink:

So I follow one single line: coherence is a value...
murnau
KVRAF

Postby murnau; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:27 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

quintosardo wrote:The problem is I love a lot of ugly things... shrimps... crabs... some old italian songs... maths... coding... :wink:

So I follow one single line: coherence is a value...

thats an explanation i can understand. :)
Burillo
KVRAF

1670 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:37 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

where is the "buy" button?!
From Russia with love
murnau
KVRAF

Postby murnau; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:48 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

avaiiable march 31.
Compyfox
KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:44 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

quintosardo wrote:1) ready and going live in a few days, loading the user base. Actually this one could go out through the new user area.

Quinto, is this for real this time? I mean... personally I'm waiting for over a year for this now, and I do not even get mails in terms of software updates from you. I do not have any overview currently what licenses I have, and how to update them.

So... if this is really happening... let us know!

quintosardo wrote:2) yes, even though 8x is mandatory

If the CPU usage is lower with this one, might there be a chance to see an update of GTS-39 to get lower CPU usage as well? You still know my critism from... er... yesteryear.
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:41 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

Yes, but KvR database is updated, too!
Compyfox
KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:11 am Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

I know that, but you still sent out the licenses individually - and I didn't get them.

So... I'm definitely looking forward to the user account this time around.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects