Login / Register  0 items | $0.00New @ What is KVR? Submit News Advertise

SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

quintosardo
KVRAF

3798 posts since 15 Jul, 2004, from Italy

Postby quintosardo; Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:30 pm SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

I'm really happy to announce the release of this tool, STA-LIMIT tube compressor.

Simple, powerful and characterful. With its high dynamic range and special compression behaviour, it is a must for a lot of track or buss processing.
8x oversampled.

A dynamic emulation with some special features thanks to power of digital:

- stereo/split stereo
- auto release option
- mid/side mode
- emphasis filters

Under testing this week, available as 32/64 bit VST and AU, Win/Mac, march 31 on www.sknote.it

MSRP 29.99$

*** NOTE ***
Our GTS-39 is a completely different thing, being developed after Gates Sa39 tube limiter, its "grand-father". GTS-39 is special for its smooth and huge compression curve and special dynamics, really transparent on bass, vocals and a lot of other sources, colorful when pushed hard.
Electronics and music: www.sknote.it
Recording in Italy: www.skstudio.it
murnau
KVRAF

3508 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Zeppelinhaupttribüne

Postby murnau; Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:49 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

thank you quinto! this sound very promising. :)

ps. why you still keep this ugly border around the gui?.. i dont get it..
"Robmobius wrote:
Yes, fear this chaps mental agility... As his insults render us into oblivion.
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:52 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

This is not the GUI ;)
Compyfox
KVRAF

12277 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:58 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

Two questions. One of them that you probably heard over and over by now:

1) About about the user accounts?
2) Will this one use less(!!!) CPU usage than GTS39 with the fixed 8x OS? Or why not thinking about offering a "normal quality" mode while mixing and 8xOS while rendering (like RoundTone)?
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:01 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

Hi Compyfox! :)

1) ready and going live in a few days, loading the user base. Actually this one could go out through the new user area.
2) yes, even though 8x is mandatory
murnau
KVRAF

Postby murnau; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:10 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

quintosardo wrote:This is not the GUI ;)

i dont get it part II.. :lol:
"Robmobius wrote:
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:12 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

This is a preview. So I didn't get the question part I? :hihi:
murnau
KVRAF

Postby murnau; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:15 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

quintosardo wrote:This is a preview. So I didn't get the question part I? :hihi:

only fair.. :hihi: ..but i'm afraid that you keep them till release like usual. :)
"Robmobius wrote:
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:24 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

The problem is I love a lot of ugly things... shrimps... crabs... some old italian songs... maths... coding... :wink:

So I follow one single line: coherence is a value...
murnau
KVRAF

Postby murnau; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:27 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

quintosardo wrote:The problem is I love a lot of ugly things... shrimps... crabs... some old italian songs... maths... coding... :wink:

So I follow one single line: coherence is a value...

thats an explanation i can understand. :)
"Robmobius wrote:
Burillo
KVRAF

2140 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:37 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

where is the "buy" button?!
From Russia with love
murnau
KVRAF

Postby murnau; Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:48 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

avaiiable march 31.
"Robmobius wrote:
Compyfox
KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:44 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

quintosardo wrote:1) ready and going live in a few days, loading the user base. Actually this one could go out through the new user area.

Quinto, is this for real this time? I mean... personally I'm waiting for over a year for this now, and I do not even get mails in terms of software updates from you. I do not have any overview currently what licenses I have, and how to update them.

So... if this is really happening... let us know!

quintosardo wrote:2) yes, even though 8x is mandatory

If the CPU usage is lower with this one, might there be a chance to see an update of GTS-39 to get lower CPU usage as well? You still know my critism from... er... yesteryear.
quintosardo
KVRAF

Postby quintosardo; Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:41 pm Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

Yes, but KvR database is updated, too!
Compyfox
KVRAF

Postby Compyfox; Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:11 am Re: SKnote "STA-LIMIT" tube limiter - new from the past

I know that, but you still sent out the licenses individually - and I didn't get them.

So... I'm definitely looking forward to the user account this time around.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects